Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, coming from Jeep wrangler jku..

my jeep jku is making me poor. Over $100/week just to gas it.. and that doesn't even include weekends.

so im getting rid of my beautiful 2016 jku.

based on my small budget, the maverick is one on my list…

but there is a problem.. first is that the hybdrid xlt doesn't seem to have rear defrost. I live up north btw….

i want hybrid (that's non negotiable) but it doesn't have rear defrost???

i'd like leather seats too but again, not available in the hybrid version??

my third concern is tent and camping. I want to park inside so i can't put anything on top. So no rack or hardshell tent.. or it won't clear the garage door….
is there a tent available for the maverick?

lastly, does the hard tonnneau cover, the one that roll making any noise on bumpy roads?
i have a rolling camping table, it is noisy when it vibrates..

thnk guys…
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of the questions which I am able to answer, makes no difference whether ecoboost or hybrid:

1) No rear defrost on any trim.
2) Leather-look seats only come with Lariat trim.

Stumblios

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2023 ford bronco sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Canadian here I live in the north and with the snow I've had already I found the rear window doesn't get snowed badly and the truck heats up so quick you dobt even think about it. Also if you live in a cold climate the AWD is the smarter choice. I am getting great mileage a par with the wife's
chevy spark.
Their are tents available, but how short is your garage the mav is a short vehicle, I've down the math and with a bed rack tent and a roof rack my mac still clears my door no problem.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO the mav is kind of small for an overlanding type build. You would be better off with the towing package and a small camper or pop up trailer That would mean 4k towing, AWD and ecoboost though. Depending on the type of driving you do, the eco isn't too much worse than the hybrid if you do mostly highway driving. If it's all stop and go hybrid is the way to go if you want to wring the most efficiency out of it.

I haven't heard any complaints about the roll ups. You may want to post that as a specific question in the bed and roof mods forum. There may be issues with a particular brand.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

my jeep jku is making me poor. Over $100/week just to gas it.. and that doesn't even include weekends.

but there is a problem.. first is that the hybdrid xlt doesn't seem to have rear defrost. I live up north btw….

my third concern is tent and camping. I want to park inside so i can't put anything on top. So no rack or hardshell tent.. or it won't clear the garage door….

lastly, does the hard tonnneau cover, the one that roll making any noise on bumpy roads?

thnk guys…
I have not ever used one but I have seen aftermarket defroster that can be installed just like window tint.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone already noted, no rear defrost or real leather seats regardless of trim/price.

Also, hybrid ordering is closed for MY22. You will not be able to order a hybrid again until next summer. Are you planning to scout for available stock hybrids (such as ones where the person who ordered it has backed out)?

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Truthfully, much of the information you seek is widely available here or on the Ford site.
As to whether anything would fit in your garage, you need to measure for yourself or risk listening to some anonymous knucklehead like me on the internet give you bad info and then you tear your garage door off.
Good luck.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

thnk guys…
I live in northern lower Michigan. My trucks (dad's Ram & my S10) didn't need rear defroster due to the snow not sticking to the straight up down of the rear window. If there was any, I used scrapers. I'm assuming the same with the Maverick. I should add defroster for vehicles weren't an option then. Yeah, I'm old.

I can't speak about your other concerns.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, this is false information. No Maverick has rear defrost, regardless of trim level or price.
Interesting, do you know when Ford changed the description??? I just looked on the build website and it doesn’t show it anymore…. Thanks for the correction.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, do you know when Ford changed the description??? I just looked on the build website and it doesn’t show it anymore…. Thanks for the correction.
Lariats were already being delivered without the defrost and the builder was still showing it, if that tells you anything. But no idea when it actually happened.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of the questions which I am able to answer, makes no difference whether ecoboost or hybrid:

1) No rear defrost on any trim.
2) Leather-look seats only come with Lariat trim.
I'm suspecting they may be in Canada were the hybrid isn't available in Lariat trim. Of course the hybrid isn't orderable right now in any trim, so maybe that'll change in the '23 MY.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like it was changed in the last month or so.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get aftermarket solutions. If rear window fogging is an issue you can get little 12v heaters and just point it at the window. They are like $20. Otherwise there are aftermarkets defrosters that adhere to the window itself. Dunno about the fit over the sliding rear window if you have that.
Sponsored