First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the rear window of the Maverick (And most pickup trucks) is almost vertical, will snow and ice accumulate in it? If it's snowing I'm planning on remote starting it anyway, which if there is snow/ice, it should be easy to clear off.
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ice will cling to anything, even vertical glass. However, pretty much any amount of cabin heating should dislodge the ice from the rear window.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Its possible especially if the wind blows it on the window. But that what ice scrappers are for, or a long wait to heat the cab.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ice will cling to anything, even vertical glass. However, pretty much any amount of cabin heating should dislodge the ice from the rear window.
Thanks, not too big of a deal.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure how it works in a crew cab truck, in my old 2 seater toyota you would just aim the dashboard air vents to blast air from the heater directly onto the rear window. You just have to wait for the engine to warm up. Putting the air conditioner on almost instantly removes internal condensation. Seems counterintuitive but it works a charm.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From my experience owning a Silverado, snow from the bed blows up onto the rear window as you drive. I definitely used the rear window defroster to keep it clear. The only other option is to keep the heat on high in the cab and roast yourself trying to keep the rear window warm enough to melt a continuous blast of snow. I definitely question the lack of a rear window defroster.

Bret4

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
All the trucks I owned over the years never had rear window defrost. Sure it can get frosted up but once the heat is on they tend to stay clear enough.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Some trucks and cargo vans don't even have a rear window so I don't think a defroster was a priority when Ford was looking for ways to cut costs.

However the Maverick doesn't have truck sized rear view mirrors so visibility is going to be a real issue if the back glass is obstructed.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some trucks and cargo vans don't even have a rear window so I don't think a defroster was a priority when Ford was looking for ways to cut costs.

However the Maverick doesn't have truck sized rear view mirrors so visibility is going to be a real issue if the back glass is obstructed.
Is the Maverick cab small enough that you can reach behind you with a squeegee? :LOL:

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Putting the air conditioner on almost instantly removes internal condensation. Seems counterintuitive but it works a charm.
Air conditioning dehumidifies the air. Dryer air cannot condense as quickly (or at all).

Late-model vehicles usually turn on the A/C when the "floor & defrost" or "defrost" vent positions are selected for this reason, even with the A/C indicator light or button not activated.

Yes heating air also effectively dehumidifies it. But since automakers don't know if the condensation is because you're in the swamp or in the snow, the A/C runs.

All the trucks I owned over the years never had rear window defrost. Sure it can get frosted up but once the heat is on they tend to stay clear enough.
Same. And the last two trucks I've had I can't even see out the back window anyway!

I just get those stick-on convex blind spot mirrors. I can't see out the back of my current or last truck since my toppers don't have any windows.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Air conditioning dehumidifies the air. Dryer air cannot condense as quickly (or at all).

Late-model vehicles usually turn on the A/C when the "floor & defrost" or "defrost" vent positions are selected for this reason, even with the A/C indicator light or button not activated.

Yes heating air also effectively dehumidifies it. But since automakers don't know if the condensation is because you're in the swamp or in the snow, the A/C runs.

Same. And the last two trucks I've had I can't even see out the back window anyway!

I just get those stick-on convex blind spot mirrors. I can't see out the back of my current or last truck since my toppers don't have any windows.
I know that, but a lot of people might not. Thanks for the explanation.

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the Mav have a rear window defroster? Have not seen it on any details or options. Is there a manual out yet?

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Not on any trim levels.

bbhaag