First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do realize Ford is not the only one impacted by constraints but I don't believe there is another auto maker with so many high-demsnd models and such an inability to meet that demand. From the Bronco to the Mach E to the Lightning to the Maverick Ford is great at designing exciting vehicles people want. But they are lousy at actually getting those vehicles into people's driveways.
I was looking at toyotas numbers especially the RAV4 hybrid. They sold/produced like 13k of those in June, but if you look at all there other models, they were cut 50% of last years numbers. Easy to get out you star product if you can funnel resources into it with little back lash.

Like you said ford has several high demand vehicles and that's straining them hard. While all the OEMs are hurting a bit, I think Ford dropped way to many hits at the worst time lol
Sponsored

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear you. There is SOME benefit to getting a MY23, in terms of being able to choose new colors, optons, etc. However, I typically keep and drive my vehicles 200,000+ miles. So, the year on the title is not that significant in terms of resale, trade, etc.

The worst thing about not getting the MY22 is losing the protected interest rates from this year and also potentially losing money depending on the amount of the private offer I receive vs. 2023 prices and the options I choose for my new order.

In this case, for me, it would be a case of the devil I know (MY22) perhaps being better than the devil I don't (MY23).
It all stinks bad .The entire ordering process with the the big dealers getting selected first then mid stream going by order date has been a real mess. Everyone is frustrated.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It all stinks bad .The entire ordering process with the the big dealers getting selected first then mid stream going by order date has been a real mess. Everyone is frustrated.
Exactly. Lots of people, including me, are just pissed off at Ford this week. We all know we've been sold false hope on our orders, and reality of re-ordering for MY23 and waiting realistically at least another 6-8 months is setting in.

Yeah, I get it, I don't NEED a brand new pickup truck to survive, but I do need a vehicle soon. My current ride is a 2006 Escalade with 226,000+ miles on the odometer and about 5 warning lights that come on every time I start it up. I am not going to pour good money into that, and I really don't want to spend the cash I saved for a down payment on my Maverick having to go out and buy a different vehicle.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hindsight is 20/20. Who knew these trucks would be impossible to obtain? It is unfortunate how much I have learned about Ford's lackluster production and delivery process over the past 8 months.

I do realize Ford is not the only one impacted by constraints but I don't believe there is another auto maker with so many high-demsnd models and such an inability to meet that demand. From the Bronco to the Mach E to the Lightning to the Maverick Ford is great at designing exciting vehicles people want. But they are lousy at actually getting those vehicles into people's driveways.

You can make snarky comments if it makes you feel better about yourself but you'll have to forgive those of us who are frustrated by the reality we will be waiting 12-15 months at MINIMUM for a vehicle. If Ford told people that up front it would be a different story but...
telling people they would be waiting 12-15 months for a vehicle does not sound like good business. Plus they don’t know that. Why tell you that so you walk away and buy something else versus string you along so you invested so much time you almost have to stick it out.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

telling people they would be waiting 12-15 months for a vehicle does not sound like good business. Plus they don’t know that. Why tell you that so you walk away and buy something else versus string you along so you invested so much time you almost have to stick it out.
Exactly. Just realize that once you finally understand that, you are going to pissed off. Ford is intentionally stringing people along. That's not a great business model either.

Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. Lots of people, including me, are just pissed off at Ford this week. We all know we've been sold false hope on our orders, and reality of re-ordering for MY23 and waiting realistically at least another 6-8 months is setting in.

Yeah, I get it, I don't NEED a brand new pickup truck to survive, but I do need a vehicle soon. My current ride is a 2006 Escalade with 226,000+ miles on the odometer and about 5 warning lights that come on every time I start it up. I am not going to pour good money into that, and I really don't want to spend the cash I saved for a down payment on my Maverick having to go out and buy a different vehicle.
The frustration for me has always been Ford’s over promise under perform results. They took too many orders in the middle of a global supply chain issue with very little foresight.
They should have just offered the bare bones Eco boost and a “limited” number of Hybrids, Lux packages and so on.

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree .Maybe by them clearing out the basic XL and XLT orders if they actually prioritize the remainder of the 22 orders maybe ours will be built sooner than later in the 23 build cycle . Not holding my breath .

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree .Maybe by them clearing out the basic XL and XLT orders if they actually prioritize the remainder of the 22 orders maybe ours will be built sooner than later in the 23 build cycle . Not holding my breath .
Yup, just another maybe to add to the list. Maybe if we would have ordered on Day 1. Maybe if we would have ordered from a different dealer. Maybe if we would have chosen different options. Blah, blah, blah.

How about maybe Ford just doesn't take any more Maverick orders until it takes care of those currently waiting. Never going to happen, but would be nice.

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford should have stopped taking orders in December rather than January. I procrastinated to long but maybe it will work out as they have had many glitch problems with the Maverick . Hopefully they will be worked out with the 23 .

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at toyotas numbers especially the RAV4 hybrid. They sold/produced like 13k of those in June, but if you look at all there other models, they were cut 50% of last years numbers. Easy to get out you star product if you can funnel resources into it with little back lash.
And Toyota doesn't do custom orders. They build what they're going to be build and throw it to the dealers.

Sponsored

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe if you had ordered earlier than 3 days before the order banks closed you'd be in a better position? What a novel concept!
I found out the day order banks had closed; about half way through the process that I couldn't order because Ford closed the bank. I did not procrastinate, I just couldn't squeeze it into my budget until a few days before, then took some time to make a big decision about a big purchase for me. I can't wait for the banks to open back up. I understand the disappointment of having to wait for a truck you ordered, but put yourselves in the shoes of those of us who didn't even get the chance. If you're unsatisfied when you eventually get your truck, you can sell it for a huge profit and turn around and buy one fully loaded or something less stress inducing, like a Toyo. I don't feel sorry for those of you waiting on your truck. I'm still waiting to order, then may have to wait the additional time for delivery. Why you might ask? I've wanted/needed a truck and can't afford anything else that's new. Smile, it's got to get better.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've always been one who will not pay ADM but, when I read threads like this, I can understand why some people might.

I got extremely lucky and scooped a refused EB XLT with Lux and CoPilot360 back in October 2021, so I never had to deal with the order process. (I wonder if that customer is still waiting for a truck in a color his wife likes.)

Even though I was only purchasing the Maverick as an extra vehicle for the family, what so many of you are experiencing would drive me up the wall and I'd probably have moved on to a different vehicle by now. It sounds like Ford is trying to make the best use (for them, which is understandable for a publicly held company) of available parts and production capacity, but they've come up way short in customer communications.

Any unscheduled order customer should have already been given a priority 2023MY commitment and an opportunity to revise their order based on expected parts availability.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right about now I'm feeling pretty good about ordering a relatively base ECO AWD model to go alongside my base F-250 XL pickup. Order a pickup like a work trunk instead of a tarted-up car and you're less susceptible to shortages.
I am thinking about ordering a loaded MY23 hybrid to have it in the queue for 2024.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OK, I stand corrected on that. However, it doesn't change the fact that I have seen truck after truck after truck with Lariat Lux and CP360 scheduled, while XLT Lux orders have been passed by.
They haven't scheduled my Lariat Lux yet. Not sure where you are seeing these fly off the assembly lately.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They haven't scheduled my Lariat Lux yet. Not sure where you are seeing these fly off the assembly lately.
I'm sure they aren't all scheduled but in the scheduling threads I have seen so many. I really believe Ford is prioritizing Lariats with both the Lux and CP360.
Sponsored