First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all! I ordered an XLT Lux Hybrid on Oct 30, 2021. I lost all hope of my truck being built this year, so last week I reached out to my dealer to inquire about submitting a ‘23 order. Much to my surprise, my dealer said that my truck was scheduled for the week of 10/17. I called Ford customer service last week, and they confirmed the 10/17 build week and provided my VIN. Today I called Ford for an update, and they said that my build week is now 10/24.

This got me wondering… will Ford actually produce every ‘22 Maverick which has a VIN assigned? My VIN ends in B03xxx, and I’ve seen other customers comment with B11xxx VINs. This means that Ford must intend to produce over 111,000 ‘22 Mavericks.

If we look at the numbers, Ford had built 86,939 ‘22 Mavericks by the end of August. In order to build 111k Mavericks, Ford would need to build about 10k/month up until Nov. 14th (the date which they are allegedly switching over to ‘23 production). Considering that Ford has yet to build 10k Mavericks in any given month, this sounds improbable.

So, can we actually depend on Ford building all of the ‘22 orders which have been assigned VINs? I keep reading more and more posts about ‘22 orders being pushed back, and it’s making me wonder if I should be submitting a ‘23 order as a contingency plan. However, I don’t think I’d be eligible for the “private offer” since I was already assigned a VIN.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, all 22s with VINs will be built. My gut tells me they will just keep movin the 23 start date until they are built. I suppose there is a chance they get to 12/31 and haven't built them all but I would HOPE Ford already took that into account with some buffer....but then again it's Ford.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thats what my dealer told me🤓

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi all! I ordered an XLT Lux Hybrid on Oct 30, 2021. I lost all hope of my truck being built this year, so last week I reached out to my dealer to inquire about submitting a ‘23 order. Much to my surprise, my dealer said that my truck was scheduled for the week of 10/17. I called Ford customer service last week, and they confirmed the 10/17 build week and provided my VIN. Today I called Ford for an update, and they said that my build week is now 10/24.

This got me wondering… will Ford actually produce every ‘22 Maverick which has a VIN assigned? My VIN ends in B03xxx, and I’ve seen other customers comment with B11xxx VINs. This means that Ford must intend to produce over 111,000 ‘22 Mavericks.

If we look at the numbers, Ford had built 86,939 ‘22 Mavericks by the end of August. In order to build 111k Mavericks, Ford would need to build about 10k/month up until Nov. 14th (the date which they are allegedly switching over to ‘23 production). Considering that Ford has yet to build 10k Mavericks in any given month, this sounds improbable.

So, can we actually depend on Ford building all of the ‘22 orders which have been assigned VINs? I keep reading more and more posts about ‘22 orders being pushed back, and it’s making me wonder if I should be submitting a ‘23 order as a contingency plan. However, I don’t think I’d be eligible for the “private offer” since I was already assigned a VIN.
You really can’t go by VIN numbers.. some trucks were given VINS months ago, and are just being built.. so I’m sure later VINs were given out earlier and those too were done. The latest build week posted I believe is November 14, but I’m sure FORD could build build until complete.

OP
OP

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, all 22s with VINs will be built. My gut tells me they will just keep movin the 23 start date until they are built. I suppose there is a chance they get to 12/31 and haven't built them all but I would HOPE Ford already took that into account with some buffer....but then again it's Ford.
Where did you hear that all ‘22 orders with VINs will be built? Was it a reputable source?

It seems logical to me that Ford would only assign VINs for vehicles they know they can build, but I’ve kinda lost faith in Ford at this point. I want to be sure I’m not getting screwed by waiting for my ‘22 to be built and not submitting a ‘23 order.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Where did you hear that all ‘22 orders with VINs will be built? Was it a reputable source?

It seems logical to me that Ford would only assign VINs for vehicles they know they can build, but I’ve kinda lost faith in Ford at this point. I want to be sure I’m not getting screwed by waiting for my ‘22 to be built and not submitting a ‘23 order.
Watch fordvideoguy youtube. He has said many times that if you have a VIN you WILL get built. He is the most honest and reliable source for all FORD Information, especially the Maverick. Tuesday night 8 pm live YouTube. Just search Tim Bartz.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FYI I have just received "your truck has been built 9/17/2022 , is being inspected and should be delivered to your dealer 10/13/22-10/19/22 email" my vin# is 80,3nn but wasn't built until 9/17/2022 so they don't build them in the same order that the vins are assigned!

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 22 XL order, priority 1 with no VIN yet. Did talk to a person at Ford Customer Service and they gave me my special offer number and amount. Any guesses if it gets built or not .........and if it isn't built am I going to be able to roll it into a 23 order

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FYI I have just received "your truck has been built 9/17/2022 , is being inspected and should be delivered to your dealer 10/13/22-10/19/22 email" my vin# is 80,3nn but wasn't built until 9/17/2022 so they don't build them in the same order that the vins are assigned!
Great news, best of luck with your Maverick!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a 22 XL order, priority 1 with no VIN yet. Did talk to a person at Ford Customer Service and they gave me my special offer number and amount. Any guesses if it gets built or not .........
I think if you received an offer, chances are slim… sorry.

Sponsored

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a VIN here at B13948 - so at least 114,000 trucks.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tracker shows built for you?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Funny you should say that because I'm thinking the same thing. And, I ordered a '23.
Got a scheduled start for 1st week of November. Watching things and getting nervous. I could see them pushing the changeover back a month or so.

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also called my dealer to order a 23MY and was surprised to hear it was scheduled for 10/31 week. My VIN is B069xx. So I don't know if the last 5 digits mean # of vehicles produced.
Sponsored