OP
OP

T McG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also there's still something like 6 more months of scheduling and 8 months of production remaining. Way too early to be "certain" your order is in jeopardy of not being MY22.
4 mo
Conservatively speaking ...

estimate that at least 50000 reservations will not be built in 22.
Exactly!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consider these “facts”

1- Ford confirmed 100,000+ “Reservations” by middle of August

3- Let’s guesstimate a conservative 150,000 “reservations”
I notice that you put "facts" and "reservations" in quotes.

I can understand putting "facts" in quotes. It just means that you suspect these aren't really facts. I get that, and other folks have already agreed with you about that.

But why put "reservations" in quotes? Do you suspect these weren't really reservations? If they weren't reservations, what were they?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;)

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Shucks, I can do better than that.

I can guarantee that zero reservations will be built in 2022.

Because Ford doesn't build trucks for reservations. Ford builds trucks for orders.

(I know most everyone knows that. I'm just posting to illustrate how silly this is. :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I notice that you put "facts" and "reservations" in quotes.

I can understand putting "facts" in quotes. It just means that you suspect these aren't really facts. I get that, and other folks have already agreed with you about that.

But why put "reservations" in quotes? Do you suspect these weren't really reservations? If they weren't reservations, what were they?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;)
I "like" your "questions".

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consider these “facts”

1- Ford confirmed 100,000+ “Reservations” by middle of August

2- Orders kept rolling in from mid-August until January 27th.

3- Let’s guesstimate a conservative 150,000 “reservations”

4- 24,000 units produced by the end of 2021.

5- The monthly average of production is 6,368 units.

6- Only 4 production months left to be scheduled May thru August and 6 actual months left to produce…today thru end of August.

I’ve posted something similar a few times and each time it’s been deleted. That speaks to the integrity of the “moderator”. A vehicle purchase should absolutely be a fact based decision as it’s the second largest purchase most will ever make. Nothing should be sugarcoated, no thread should be deleted, no one should be misled, communicating should be paramount, all information should be transparent and a customer shouldn’t be left in the dark. Ford receives a huge commitment from a customer when they make the decision to buy.
I also was deleted by the moderator over using one word because they thought it was political. I thought we had freedom of speech but I guess I was wrong also. I agree with you 100% keep up the good work and thanks for your info.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also was deleted by the moderator over using one word because they thought it was political. I thought we had freedom of speech but I guess I was wrong also. I agree with you 100% keep up the good work and thanks for your info.
I don't want to detract from the conversation about "How many wont be built", but.....I need to comment. Haha.

I am a moderator/admin for a couple Facebook groups with 50K+ members. I always smile when people claim "freedom of speech" when talking about having their post or comment removed from a forum owned/paid for by a private company. I don't know who "owns" www.mavericktruckclub.com, but they assuredly do have the right to decide what can and can't be posted.

It does not need to make ANY sense.

Admin doesn't like the color blue? "No comments with the word blue in them" rule.

I never understand when folks think they can post whatever they want to a forum owned and operated by someone else. If the owner/admin/mod doesn't get to set the expectations/limits, who does?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought we had freedom of speech but I guess I was wrong also.
You were wrong, but that's ok. It's a common misunderstanding.

People often think that the 1st Amendment compels other people to listen to them or to publish what they say. It doesn't. Other people also have freedom, and they don't have to listen to or publish anything they don't want to.

The 1st Amendment generally prohibits the state from limiting your right to speak. It applies only when the entity restricting your speech is considered a state actor. Private companies rarely are. (see here for more info)

The bottom line is that private entities (like MTC), can restrict your speech for any reason or no reason at all.

[EDIT] I see @paneubert posted a few seconds before I did. So you can read this post as a more legalistic (and totally unnecessary) agreement with his.

Sponsored

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You were wrong, but that's ok. It's a common misunderstanding.

People often think that the 1st Amendment compels other people to listen to them or to publish what they say. It doesn't. Other people also have freedom, and they don't have to listen to or publish anything they don't want to.

The 1st Amendment generally prohibits the state from limiting your right to speak. It applies only when the entity restricting your speech is considered a state actor. Private companies rarely are. (see here for more info)

The bottom line is that private entities (like MTC), can restrict your speech for any reason or no reason at all.
Well it still sucks as a veteran I will still continue to speak my thoughts.

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want to detract from the conversation about "How many wont be built", but.....I need to comment. Haha.

I am a moderator/admin for a couple Facebook groups with 50K+ members. I always smile when people claim "freedom of speech" when talking about having their post or comment removed from a forum owned/paid for by a private company. I don't know who "owns" www.mavericktruckclub.com, but they assuredly do have the right to decide what can and can't be posted.

It does not need to make ANY sense.

Admin doesn't like the color blue? "No comments with the word blue in them" rule.

I never understand when folks think they can post whatever they want to a forum owned and operated by someone else. If the owner/admin/mod doesn't get to set the expectations/limits, who does?
Well you must enjoy having the power over people, but explain to me if you know so much. Why is it that people can use foul language on this forum and I use the word mandate and I was deleted.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well you must enjoy having the power over people, but explain to me if you know so much. Why is it that people can use foul language on this forum and I use the word mandate and I was deleted.
It is unpaid and usually unappreciated work, so no, not really. Don't get much enjoyment out of it. I spent a lot of time enforcing guidelines that folks agreed to follow when they joined the group, only to have them complain later about being held to the same standards they agreed to when joining the forum or group. Often they whip out the same "you must enjoy having the power over people" line that you just used.

This is not a hard question to answer, and I am unsure if you are actually asking or not?

1. Someone in a position of power on this forum decided that the word "mandate", or conversations covering the topic of mandates are not allowed.

2. Someone in a position of power on this forum decided that foul language is not a problem.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it still sucks as a veteran I will still continue to speak my thoughts.
It may suck to you, but as a veteran you should know the 1st amendment has a very specific context of the government not being able to restrict your speech. Other private parties (including this site) are fully free to moderate your use of their space based on anything they'd like as long as it doesn't violate your civil rights (which political speech is not).

Because it's their site, and they're free to moderate it as they please. Don't like it, you're free to start your own site (competition marketplace of ideas etc). In general, the mods are pretty consistent about removing political content (i've been deleted before) because it will derail the conversation more than bad language.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree with this. Ford may only build 30k more vehicles for MY.2022 and there are way more than that unscheduled
Sponsored

Last edited: