First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
I've only been around here for a year and five months or so and It's really my first extensive forum experience. I think this forum is or has been different from most in that it was used at least initially as a way to pass the many months most of us, until now, had to wait to get a Maverick and the many hoops we had to jump though in many cases to get or not get one. Information on here has been priceless to help in ordering, waiting, rolling over and receiving, financing, insuring and then modifying our trucks. I believe the commeradery here is well above the norm and take many remarks in a joking manner rather than a snide way. I take the EB VS Hybrid rivalry as just a friendly and good natured thing. Each version of the truck has it's strengths and weaknesses and many commonalities. So I would say give anyone the benefit of the doubt and not assume a remark is necessarily meant to be negative rather than informative or jokingly. We chide each other frequently while also solving problems, finding the best accessories and enjoying our trucks. Lighten up people!
Some could a set of Lasfits
Sponsored

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
As a hybrid owner I was kinda happy when I got like 26mpg after doing ~90 for an hour or so.
I have been on the 90 mark one time(our speed limit is 70) for about a mile. The Maverick handles really good at that speed and not even that noisy on stock tires. I'll take 26mpg at 90 all day. My 1/2 ton would get about 10 :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

Don's Maverick XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Corolla hatchback SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This
Written words can be taken different ways
Most forum posts are quick and maybe not fully written out as clear as they could be
So if you see negativity everywhere itā€™s probably one of two things
1. You are worn down by people that ask the same questions over and over and just donā€™t know how a forum worksā€¦. Lots of people here are using a forum for the first timeā€¦. Some of us have been using them for 20+ years so I see lots of posts that could be taken as negative really just being helpful without spoon feeding (like when teaching children to figure out answers on their homework, they wonā€™t learn if they are just given answers)
2. You are a first time forum user that doesn't know how it works and take offense help isnā€™t being handed out on your timeline

Most are in between and donā€™t feel the need to comment about it (luckily)

As a longtime forum user, if you think this forum is negativeā€¦. You probably couldnā€™t have handled forums in the 00ā€™s
Lots of those were super negative
Agreed

OP
OP

Don's Maverick XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Corolla hatchback SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ohh yeah, well my Tremor with a high topper got 31.2 mpg on a whole tank... once.... on flat land... on high octane... and it has never happened again.

For real post number 2 and 3 is really what sums it all up.

Without getting partisan, I watched a show today, that is on daily. At the end they often show a little clip that sums the reasons we should all smack ourselves in the face. It was a news caster who was outraged that one political leader dared show his face at the hot topic locality that they are trying to deal with despite opposition, in response they will be following along all day as the opposing political rival will be showing posturing to emphasize how the other isnt even trying.

We are all charged magnets in the shape of marbles being rolled around by a drooling child who lives under power lines and eats alot of paint chips.

The internet ruined this country just as this country ruined the internet.
Agreed šŸ’Æ

Pensfan66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorta like your post in response to my giving you an answer to your question on the other thread you made????
Because we used to be able to go to a car dealership, pick out the vehicle we wanted, fill out the paper work and drive it home that same day...now me like others are waiting 7 months to a year or more and the vehicle has not even got started to being built!!

Sponsored

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, so much tension. I have a Lariat and I must say, I LOVE IT! ford promised a very moderately price small pickup truck and they delivered. They also fought to stop dealers from marking it up. They never hid the fact that it was cheaply made , which kept the price down. I am amazed at how much people critique this vehicle. We all had our reasons for the model and engine we purchased. so Why can't we just celebrate the smart decision we made to get this truck?

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is an old marketing adage that a customer with a negative exprience will tell 10 people but those with a positive experience will tell 2 people. Of course nowadays with social media they can tell thousands of people.
Anyway:
Ford Maverick Why so much negativity CbiLhvYUAAAtwvu

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Because we used to be able to go to a car dealership, pick out the vehicle we wanted, fill out the paper work and drive it home that same day...now me like others are waiting 7 months to a year or more and the vehicle has not even got started to being built!!
I went into a Ford dealership in January and was driving away in my Maverick by the end of the night. So you can still do that.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To be honest, it wouldn't be a forum without negative comments. Virtually every vehicle forum has their hate comments and constant complaints on first world problems. I can't say that I haven't done that myself. I've complained many times, my recent being the missing features on the 24MY Maverick. But, isn't that what forums are for? Not only are they an opportunity to get advice and communicate with other members with your same vehicle, but it can be a place to vent. You'll have some in agreement, and then others who are sick of the complaints and bash you for it. Just like Facebook or Youtube comments. Although it sounds like I'm justifying the complaints, I will say that it is a freedom of speech so you can do it if you really want to but you won't be well revered for it.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is nothing wrong with people airing grievances. Thatā€™s how society used to work to make change happen and better themselves in my opinion. Take a look at this from less of an individual perspective to a collective perspective.

Complaints are important because manufacturers and dealers listen to these complaints on their vehicles and make changes accordingly. They listen to customer complaints in general too and changed processes, designs and more to accommodate the market and their customer base. There are literally tons of companies and thousands of employed individuals dedicated to getting this type of feedback from consumers everyday.

Additional examples, Iā€™ve been on forums for years and occasionally engineers from these companies would join in on large issues, provide solutions and sometimes changes were made on the assembly line or recalls eventually happened. Even not in those rare situations, sometimes knowledgeable dealer techs, mechanics or just handy individuals would jump in to help and solve problems on forums, helping the common person keep older vehicles going or at least be able to articulate the problem to a professional in person to fix it.

Watch one of the many specials from the show Top Gear - ā€œThe worst vehicles ever madeā€ and see how well it works out when people are told to ā€œaccept and be happy with what they gotā€.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some people just won't be happy until this site becomes "Maverick Barbie Land". Everyone has to sit in a circle around a shiny Maverick all day and sing happy songs.