First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22โ€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iโ€™m sure the paint from 1970 was tougher than the thin paint we have today.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree 100 percent on the lack of colors now. Most of the colors arenโ€™t even true colors. Sort of silver, but not really kind of thing. Even colors I hated I would like to see on the road again. Basically the roads are down to white, a bunch of grays, black, not quite reds , and dark blue. Jeep took a chance and they are selling a zillion of these. Probably 99 percent are going to girls , but it proves people want more variety in color choices. I am glad the Maverick comes in Velocity Blue, probably the brightest color vehicle I have had since the late 70s which was also the Maverick.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-new-color-tuscadero-pink/amp/

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems as though back when the order sheet was probably short (what options could you have - 2 engines possibly, air, a radio with a tape player (or a radio at all), maybe power locks/windows) the automakers could afford to dedicate a longer process for paint and offer more options on that side. Now with all of the automation, scheduling and unique trim parts that are required, paint options have taken a back seat.

I'd probably get anti-establish mint for the name alone :)

OP
OP

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
Agree 100 percent on the lack of colors now. Most of the colors arenโ€™t even true colors. Sort of silver, but not really kind of thing. Even colors I hated I would like to see on the road again. Basically the roads are down to white, a bunch of grays, black, not quite reds , and dark blue. Jeep took a chance and they are selling a zillion of these. Probably 99 percent are going to girls , but it proves people want more variety in color choices. I am glad the Maverick comes in Velocity Blue, probably the brightest color vehicle I have had since the late 70s which was also the Maverick.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-new-color-tuscadero-pink/amp/
Well, I am of the age where the Tuscadero girls were a thing so I kind of like the color! Would love to see more manufacturers diverge from the silver, black and white trend we have been stuck in for a decade. Can you imagine a Plum Crazy Purple Maverick like the old Barracudas with the XL interior? To me that would look awesome.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, I might have been able to order my Maverick with Metallic Avocado with a matching interior. Those orange accents would fit right in too!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Ford just missed the mark on the Grabber. Should have offered a high compression 302 with some Windsor heads, cam and 4 bbl of course.
Might of scarred a 340 Duster or Dart, those 340's were mean but the Maverick was pretty light.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's why I switched from blue to CO. I was tired of blue, but no way was I going to get different shade of blue or black/gray. Red was a no go because I had a bad experience with a red Pickup.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe they will do a Grabber version some where down the line. I kinda dig the twin scoops they had on the hood. I think it would look cool with an updated version.

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's why I switched from blue to CO. I was tired of blue, but no way was I going to get different shade of blue or black/gray. Red was a no go because I had a bad experience with a red Pickup.
Well you sure won't go un-noticed in CO that's for sure! I think it's a good color. Don't know why it isn't more popular. It is growing on me for sure.
Yeah I ordered Area 51. Now, not so sure. But 3 months in, not sure I can change color even if I wanted to.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well you sure won't go un-noticed in CO that's for sure! I think it's a good color. Don't know why it isn't more popular. It is growing on me for sure.
Yeah I ordered Area 51. Now, not so sure. But 3 months in, not sure I can change color even if I wanted to.
With all that I said, the interior is blue so I'm not really getting away from blue altogether. To quote a family member, "I can't believe you're getting that color, I'd never drive something that color". To which I replied, "Good so I'll be the only driver then. I can live with that." Besides, I won't have to get a parking lot marker in my head so I'll remember where I parked. I'll just need to look for CO. It should be a rare color.

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 73 Maverick was meadowlark yellow-

My 23 is alto blue...

Love both ๐Ÿ˜€

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems as though back when the order sheet was probably short (what options could you have - 2 engines possibly, air, a radio with a tape player (or a radio at all), maybe power locks/windows) the automakers could afford to dedicate a longer process for paint and offer more options on that side. Now with all of the automation, scheduling and unique trim parts that are required, paint options have taken a back seat.

I'd probably get anti-establish mint for the name alone :)
Many more options in 1970s compared to today.
Sponsored