Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friend told me basically 1 million views/likes can equal payment of $100.000, if this is true it explains all these annoying and mostly useless video reviews.
Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I agree. Most of the Maverick reviews have gotten something wrong in the information. I am sure all of the reviewers are getting info wrong all the time, but people don't notice unless they have researched the vehicle themselves.
From what I have seen so far, Tim Bartz, from Long Mc Arthur Ford has been spot on. If anything gets updated my Ford after his utube video he will make notations or corrections. This guy really has the inside track on everything Ford related. He is the Internet sales Manager in Salina Kansas. It is a VERY high volume dealer. Tim's videos walked me through the order process when my local dealer could not.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I have seen so far, Tim Bartz, from Long Mc Arthur Ford has been spot on. If anything gets updated my Ford after his utube video he will make notations or corrections. This guy really has the inside track on everything Ford related. He is the Internet sales Manager in Salina Kansas. It is a VERY high volume dealer. Tim's videos walked me through the order process when my local dealer could not.
I would hope that at least Tim Bartz gets the info correct lol, since he works at a dealership.

I think the problem with the other YouTube reviewers is that they only get the vehicles for a short amount of time, and have to quickly film a review. So they end up making mistakes with the info sometimes.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
would hope that at least Tim Bartz gets the info correct lol, since he works at a dealership.

I think the problem with the other YouTube reviewers is that they only get the vehicles for a short amount of time, and have to quickly film a review. So they end up making mistakes with the info sometimes.
You would think that’s the case, but having worked in car sales, you’d be surprised how many sales people have no clue what they’re doing/selling and literally just make things up. Tim has been spot on and extremely helpful for all of us.

As far as the reviewers go: the man/woman video is terrible.

And I guess a lot of people don’t take me seriously since I wear pink pants to work often. 🤷🏻‍♂️

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would think that’s the case, but having worked in car sales, you’d be surprised how many sales people have no clue what they’re doing/selling and literally just make things up. Tim has been spot on and extremely helpful for all of us.

As far as the reviewers go: the man/woman video is terrible.

And I guess a lot of people don’t take me seriously since I wear pink pants to work often. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have also worked in car sales, and yes you are correct, most salesmen do not know anything about the vehicles they sell. They are only good at it because they are hustlers. Something about always being on the edge of homelessness and needing their next fix makes them good salesmen lol.

Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I would hope that at least Tim Bartz gets the info correct lol, since he works at a dealership.

Atomguy, Tim Bartz has been doing this a long, long time, even called out other dealerships with their shady markups and the like. Look him up on Youtube, when his dealership had one of the first Mavericks he did a complete walk around explaining each trim level, features, things that are in short supply holding up builds etc. If not for his expert advice I'd be still waiting for info from my local dealer. If he was not half the counrty away from me, I would have gladly ordered from Long McArthur Ford. Check him out for the real deal on everything Ford.

Bandog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lt
I think I'll just wait till I get mine to form a review that matters.............my own :)

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. Most of the Maverick reviews have gotten something wrong in the information. I am sure all of the reviewers are getting info wrong all the time, but people don't notice unless they have researched the vehicle themselves.
If they at least try, but many are like the kids in class who have to stand in front of the class and do a book report but clearly didn't read the book and are just winging it based on the book art.

Alex on Autos usually does a good job, although he won't ever dog on a vehicle no matter how bad it is, probably to maintain a good relationship with the manufacturers that fly them all over the place. If you want an honest opinion where they don't care, but you may not agree, The Straight pipes will tell you exactly what they do and don't like without shame.
Sponsored