First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want them to shine a little sideways. One reason I want fog lights is to be able to see deer at the side of the road.
By the way, the Diode Dynamics fog light are DOT legal. Most of the fog lights you find on Amazon or eBay are “for off road use only”.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Fog Lights - gives you something to do in the DYI world. Customize to your hearts desires!
speaking of….
Don’t know why choosing to lower the photo file size rotates the photos?
Any hoo
Make sure you do not tap off of the battery!!!! As the easy way and the cable instructions or for the birds, because they tell you to connect directly to the battery unless you want to drain your battery completely and and want to make it look like some hokey person jimmy rigged the lighting.
I placed the ground wire to the bolt the battery connects to the chassis.
The positive is connected to the fuse tap. I used the transmission fuse to do this since its a manual so with or without it the car runs fine. One the Maverick this where Im like I just shelled out 30k and now I have to mess with stuff wtf is a big erk to me to have to and to everyone i am sure.
I digress
There is relay that runs the lights and gives an amber light on the switch and a green light when its on. Really cool if you ask me for 11 bucks shipped.
That relay is also leaching a bolt that was holding a wiring harness.
The hardest was to slit one of the rubber boots crossing the firewall.
Gorilla duck tape works real good once you trying to pull it through the hard rubber. A little wd40on the slit helps too in pulling the harness thru.

from the looks of my Aug 23 order date it will be a nice Area 51 Xmas 🙏 if all goes well.

Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? IMG_1371.JPG

Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? IMG_1372.JPG

Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? IMG_1370.JPG

Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? IMG_1374.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And is the two of everything I only see one set in my edit?

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True that,
But the wiring and getting through the fire wall was the most labor intensive portion for me.
Riddle me this... The Maverick has two 12V DIY adapters at each side of the tailgate for accessories and/or customization's. Since the battery in the Hybrid is no longer located in the engine bay any front end accessories like Fog Lights or LED's could be tied to the jump start risers in the engine bay or strng through the cabin. Would have made perfect sense for Ford designers to include two front 12V adapters also. This addition would have been cheap an easy during original design.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s just speculation. If cars “needed” fog lights, they would have been mandatory equipment long ago. I have driven for 62 years without them. I imagine the safety folk think they are show-offy toys.
Agree, plus I hate all the morons that turn them on and never turn them off. They are not using them as intended.

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No fogs and no roof rack are big letdowns in my opinion

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It used to be really common to do the opposite. Make a first year vehicle super loaded because that's what all the professional reviews will be based on. In the next year, they would do massive "decontenting", shaving a penny here and a penny there by removing lights in the sun visors, glove box, cabin air filter left empty, etc. It would make almost no difference to the profit on an individual vehicle, but multiplied by tens of thousands and it added up quick.

Perhaps thanks to the information age, they figure journalists would point this out in their blogs and forums and what not and instead to keep things fresh make incremental improvements. Wonder how long it will be for example before higher trims get a infotainment screen that takes up the whole space instead of having a cubby.
I restore classic Chrysler muscle cars as a hobby, and have 2 second gen barracudas currently. A 67 and a 69 both sport coupes. The difference in both in how they cheapened up the 69 to save pennies over the 67 is pretty amazing. They both look the same, but on close inspection you can see where they changed and cheapened up stuff. Only has to be good enough to make it out of the warranty period. 🤣🤣🤣

I plan on putting in fog lamps on my XLT when it shows up. I want to mount them in the bumper. Trying to find some stock ford lights that will work and appear factory, then I will make some moulds and make some surrounds out of fiberglass to fill the gaps between the lights and the bumper cover. I am thinking these F150 fog/driving lamps might be the ticket.

I will likely add an auxiliary fuse and relay block off the battery. This way I'm not tapping into the factory fuse block. Littelfuse makes a nice weatherpak type relay/fuse block setup. It holds 3 relays and 3 fuses. It uses GM style weatherpak connectors. I bought it originally for doing a headlamp relay mod on one of the barracudas, but since then i purchased 7" LED headlamps that look like stock sealed beams for the car, and will end up using this relay/fuse box on the truck. This gives me up to additional circuits. Though I will likely only use only 1.

Ford Maverick Why are there no fog lights? Screenshot_20220612-140944_eBay

Last edited:

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Or do I need a second set of glasses. My eyes are not what they used to be!
Why are they spots on the lower bumper for them but not offered.
I hate Mickey Mousing or adding wires on a new vehicle.
Thanks
There is a seller on Etsy that sells brackets to mount fog lights. Requires cutting the panels out though. Also sell a kit that mounts them higher up like spot lights. Yeah don't want to wire directly to the battery without some kind of fuse kit and maybe risk burning out some kind of fusible link.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/jjcLLC?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1205118486

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another option is to wait for an ST version to come out. Then buy the bumper cover, and fog lights and install it on your truck.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No fogs and no roof rack are big letdowns in my opinion
Coming from '21 A Bronco Sport there are a lot of let downs. It will take some getting use to. That said, Fords been doing the same thing with the Sports. Every year the same Sport trims and packages have less than the previous year. If I didn't need the 4K tow package I would have never switched.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All car makers do this. The bean counters start stripping them down right after the new model is introduced.
Sponsored