First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If all models have LED headlights, then why is one of the Lariat selling points that it includes LED headlights?
LED accent light, its like a DRL part above the actual headlight bulbs. I can't imagine it saves more than $5 per headlight to omit a strip of LEDs there, but I guess they have to give incentive to move up to higher trims.
Sponsored

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LED accent light, its like a DRL part above the actual headlight bulbs. I can't imagine it saves more than $5 per headlight to omit a strip of LEDs there, but I guess they have to give incentive to move up to higher trims.

Thank you for this information. I was initially disappointed, thinking I wasn't going to have LED headlights in my XLT w/lux.

Reconditioner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, so screw all other packages for the FX4 that have a giant cover on the front bumper??
It’s just speculation. If cars “needed” fog lights, they would have been mandatory equipment long ago. I have driven for 62 years without them. I imagine the safety folk think they are show-offy toys.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fog privilege has gotten out of control.
I agree this slow movement to take our fog lights away can be serious business…. But truly if anyone thinks less illumination is good at night is a bit loonie… perhaps these new 20 something designers have not driven in a mountain pass with heavy fog? Led lights are useless in fog and actually make it worse. Yellow halogen works best. But what do I know the gray hair must be blocking my view.
Thank you for everyones inputs.
When and if this truck ever shows up this will be a topic on this board for sure.

Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I agree this slow movement to take our fog lights away can be serious business…. But truly if anyone thinks less illumination is good at night is a bit loonie… perhaps these new 20 something designers have not driven in a mountain pass with heavy fog? Led lights are useless in fog and actually make it worse. Yellow halogen works best. But what do I know the gray hair must be blocking my view.
When and if this truck ever shows up this will be a topic on this board for sure.
I wasn't serious...

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely, but this is a hybrid and its electric system is different then what I am used to. A fuse tap at the least will be needed. If I spliced into something I technically have voided that circuit short of tapping straight off of the battery. And that is lame. Plus having to punch a hole thru a firewall?
But no need to sweat the small stuff now 🤔 I dont even have the dam thing….😂
Keep in mind Ford is actually providing electrical taps for customers to DIY lighting in the bed. If you use one of those connections for your foglights, I doubt Ford would have a problem with it, since they actually encouraged it as a selling point.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind Ford is actually providing electrical taps for customers to DIY lighting in the bed. If you use one of those connections for your foglights, I doubt Ford would have a problem with it, since they actually encouraged it as a selling point.
Sweet, looks like some smarter folks will have this figured out before I even get to think about it.
thanks

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Car warranties don't work that way. They would need to show that through installing them you caused whatever your claim is to happen... Unless you manage to do serious damage to the electrical system I doubt that'll happen.
It is touted as the DYI truck with electrical connection pre-wired in the rear, so likely safe to add fog lights.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's all about cost savings, but honestly, the bulk purchase for LED headlights can't affect the bottom line. But it's all about getting people to move up to the top of the line OR purchase a package. Our Honda CR-V is the EX-L, it does not have LED headlights, but has LED running lights. Now if we moved up the Touring, we would get the LED headlights.

My BMW has LED headlights and I like them, I have better vision at night with them.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The knockouts below the bumper are problematic for lights. They can get knocked around a lot even for non aggressive drivers. Park head in against one over-sized curb and you can knock it. A plastic bumper just flexes. A fog light gets damaged.

I put them in my Subaru Forester and am on my second set and one of the new ones has been knocked loose. They mount to the plastic bumper cover. Thank God for cheap aftermarket replacements rather than the $500 OEM's.

My wife drove a VW Passat with fogs that mounted to the frame behind the bumper. The plastic bumper had big plastic bezels that integrated the lights with the bumper cover. I replaced several of the bezels over the years, not the lighting fixtures. I remember VW charged $13.00 for that big chunk of plastic. I assumed they charged so little because they did not want their cars running around with big gaping holes in their bumper.

I don't think Ford wants to be blamed for poor design. Rather than provide something that is problematic and not "Ford Tough" they just opted out.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a long way to run wiring!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a long way to run wiring!
I was thinking a fuse tap for that particular circuit... but yea I guess you could run wiring all the way to the bed to keep things "stock".

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you thought about moving to Las Vegas ...Haven't seen fog yet ...
Sponsored