First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Relating to installing fog lights on a Maverick. Anyone familiar enough with the Escape Hybrid to answer this question? Does the rear mounted battery connect to any type of terminal in the engine compartment, where power could be pulled for a fog light wiring harness?

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Relating to installing fog lights on a Maverick. Anyone familiar enough with the Escape Hybrid to answer this question? Does the rear mounted battery connect to any type of terminal in the engine compartment, where power could be pulled for a fog light wiring harness?
I'm pretty sure there is at least a 12v jump post in the engine compartment.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are the tow hooks behind the covers for trims that don't have the hooks exposed?

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
If there is space behind the lower bumper valence, I plan on installing Diodynamics flush mount fog lights. They are USA designed and built to SAE specs so they are road legal. I need that low, wide spread to help see deer at the sides of the road. Lots of easy to digest tech info and videos on Diodynamics site

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-3-sae-dot-white-sport-flush-mount-led-pod-pair.html

IMG_0136.JPG
I was about to say, I wouldn't miss factory fog lights. For me, I'd get the same setup as what's on my Frontier now; generic SAE LED fog lights ($90 on Amazon) in the lower bumper opening, and ditch lights up higher. The SAE LED fogs are brighter than the Frontier's halogen headlights and DOT-approved for on-road use.

If you haven't had ditch lights before, I'd highly suggest it since you're in deer country. I have ditch light brackets on my Frontier with generic $30 LED off road lights oriented about 20 degrees off-center to either side. Never mind the deer; you can see halfway up the trees on the side of the road!

Are the tow hooks behind the covers for trims that don't have the hooks exposed?
Tow hooks are either exposed or not installed. They aren't behind removable covers.

I am interested in seeing whether the portion of the front bumper where the tow hooks are is detachable and a separately-available part. I'm going to say no, but hope I'm wrong. Because if I'm wrong, then it should be fairly easy to install tow hooks on FWD models. If I'm right, then the entire bumper cover will probably need to be replaced with an AWD bumper cover. And that's assuming the weld-nuts (or whatever the tow hooks are attached to) exist on the FWD models.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The owners manual shows a fuse panel under the hood with several spare fuse locations, I hoped to use one of those if I ever get my truck!!

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was about to say, I wouldn't miss factory fog lights. For me, I'd get the same setup as what's on my Frontier now; generic SAE LED fog lights ($90 on Amazon) in the lower bumper opening, and ditch lights up higher. The SAE LED fogs are brighter than the Frontier's halogen headlights and DOT-approved for on-road use.

If you haven't had ditch lights before, I'd highly suggest it since you're in deer country. I have ditch light brackets on my Frontier with generic $30 LED off road lights oriented about 20 degrees off-center to either side. Never mind the deer; you can see halfway up the trees on the side of the road!

Tow hooks are either exposed or not installed. They aren't behind removable covers.

I am interested in seeing whether the portion of the front bumper where the tow hooks are is detachable and a separately-available part. I'm going to say no, but hope I'm wrong. Because if I'm wrong, then it should be fairly easy to install tow hooks on FWD models. If I'm right, then the entire bumper cover will probably need to be replaced with an AWD bumper cover. And that's assuming the weld-nuts (or whatever the tow hooks are attached to) exist on the FWD models.
A factory rep told me if I wanted to add tow hooks on non FX4 I would need to change the whole front facia/bumper cover to an FX4 cover. Not sure, haven't got mine yet.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
A factory rep told me if I wanted to add tow hooks on non FX4 I would need to change the whole front facia/bumper cover to an FX4 cover. Not sure, haven't got mine yet.
I'd agree with that. I saw several Mavericks in person and can confirm that the bumper cover on the non-FX4 is a solid piece. I'm sure you could cut the holes out with a Dremel and finish them with rubber trim though.

But for me, I wouldn't even bother. I rarely used the tow hooks on my 4x4s that have them, and even then I could've done without. I prefer to use a soft bridle with some 15" J-hooks.
Sponsored