Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree. And, I have two asshole teenagers who love to let their seatbelt go, and I have yet to have any blemishes on my plastic. (I know it’s coming eventually, just not sure it’s quite as bad as people say)
Sponsored

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a large difference between a complaint intended to spread awareness and collaboratively look for a solution and complaining because you need that dopamine hit we all get from a good rant. One is more productive than the other.

You see plenty of both here.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would be interesting to read the forum comments about the 1964 mustang if there was internet when it came out

“It’s not a real sports car; it’s basically a warmed over Falcon”

“The V8 should be the standard motor.”

“No rustproofing? Really, Ford?”

“The horse on the emblem is facing the wrong way!”

and on and on…

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why are people complaining? Have you MET people before? ;)

Last edited:

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I go on this forum everyday to read, and learn things about the Maverick. People complain about rattles, harsh ride, radio Is not quality etc. If these things bother you, buy a car, "NOT A TRUCK". Again they state this is my first new car, It's a Truck! Over the years, I have bought many vehicles, most used, 10 to 15 new. (I've been driving 66 years) stop comparing apples with oranges. Trucks do truck things, move a refrigerator, if you want comfort, buy a Camry. Just my humble opion. The Maverick is the best bang for the buck out there!
technically its an suv with a bed. big expensive trucks dont typically do these things that this vehicle is doing. the reason it is having all these rattles and discomforts is because its a cheap vehicle and there was a lot of materials used and not used to cut costs. the people complaining obviously didn't understand why but its simple, you pay for what you get. however im very excited for mine and i know full well its not a luxury vehicle so im prepared

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still think the Savage Geese review best answered this unending argument about what the Maverick hybrid is. You have to get past the teenage level of humor, but they really pegged the Maverick. The word "cheap" is thrown around a lot, but in a nice way.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. And, I have two asshole teenagers who love to let their seatbelt go, and I have yet to have any blemishes on my plastic. (I know it’s coming eventually, just not sure it’s quite as bad as people say)
I read the posts of people who complained about the seat belt damaging their Maverick. Of course, I had to run outside and see if I was also subject to this terrible fate.

I had to ask myself "who are these people"? They must have eyeballs on their elbows! I had to get on my knees to peek at the inside of the center post. There was not a scratch to be seen!

I just don't get it. Mary Barra, it that you?

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We absolutely love ours, but it was clearly built to a pricepoint. For $20k-$25k, the Maverick is a freaking deal. If you spent >$30k, I can see how you may be a little miffed by the quality of a few things, but IMO $10k of faux leather, a mediocre (at best) "upgraded" stereo, and some more tech features was just lipstick on a pig.
I can’t wait to get my Mrs Piggy!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New Savage Geese review posted today. These guys aren't haters or fanboys. They just call it as they see it. And they're fun.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I go on this forum everyday to read, and learn things about the Maverick. People complain about rattles, harsh ride, radio Is not quality etc. If these things bother you, buy a car, "NOT A TRUCK". Again they state this is my first new car, It's a Truck! Over the years, I have bought many vehicles, most used, 10 to 15 new. (I've been driving 66 years) stop comparing apples with oranges. Trucks do truck things, move a refrigerator, if you want comfort, buy a Camry. Just my humble opion. The Maverick is the best bang for the buck out there!
You must be be here...;)

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New Savage Geese review posted today. These guys aren't haters or fanboys. They just call it as they see it. And they're fun.

"It's not a shitbox" 😁, definitely not an endorsement or a knock, lol.
Sponsored