First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ACC is the only reason I ordered Lariat over XLT.
ACC and push button start! My partners CRV has all those sensing features and I had to get it on my mav. On long trips and stop n go traffic, it takes off a lot of stress and fatigue from the driver.
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

ACC is the way to go for highway driving. It takes the stress out of the driving behind an other car.
If available on the car which i want to buy, this is always my most valuable option. You select the distance you want to drive behind a car on the highway: close, medium, or distant. This technology is worthwhile every penny. Once you get used to it, and let it work for you, you don't want to switch it of. You want to see great mileage on the highway with a Hybrid ?? ACC is the the tool to hypermile the car. Referring to my (soon to arrive) Maverick, ACC was the trigger to select the Lariat Lux package.
I've never had a car with ACC. When I take highway trips I don't follow other cars. I drive the speed I want to go and when I overtake cars I pass them. I understand how ACC would be convenient when you overtake someone but have to wait to move over to the passing lane because of cars beside you. It would slow the car down for you instead of having to disengage cruise control manually.

Now, if you're talking about driving in heavy traffic in a big metro area where everyone on a crowded highway is constantly slowing down and speeding up, etc. (i.e. you're not really cruising) then I can understand where it would be helpful. It's like a partial self driving feature. If this is the primary use maybe it should have a different name. 🙂

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with the acceleration being a bit too aggressive. This was nerve wracking at first

I was told Eco Mode will slow it down. Unfortunately I don’t have Eco as I have the FX4

will likely FORScan it in eventually

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this is the primary use maybe it should have a different name. 🙂
Ford calls this Stop&Go but some automakers call it Traffic Jam Assist or Low Speed Follow. It works very well in heavy traffic in my experience with Volvo and Honda. Not sure about Ford, we will see.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my ACC, never had it before. I use cruise control ALL the time, including in the city sometimes (depending on traffic lights etc). I thought it would be dumb having never used it, now between ACC, intelligent access and push button start I'd find it hard to back to a vehicle without those 'luxury' items.

Recently drove a relative's 2022 Subaru Forester with ALL of the bells and whistles - literally. It had ACC also but constantly beeped at me to watch that road - which I was. Maybe it was my sunglasses blocking my eyes. When I intervened to drive around a vehicle making a turn it beeped because I was crossing the road lines. Same thing when I drove around some road kill.

We joked about making it a driving game - set a course of 10 miles, person who gets the fewest beeps wins. I also didn't like how the Forester tended to drive too close to the center line - if some big truck with wide mirrors goes by you're getting hit.

By comparison the Maverick's ACC is easier to use and less intrusive. I haven't made any road trips yet longer than an hour but when I do the ACC will make it way more comfortable.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was a full on ACC hater until I used it a few times on long jaunts to the cottage.

Now would not buy a vehicle without this feature. There’s definitely a learning curve as to when and where ACC is best suited for the conditions but when the stars align, it’s amazing and can turn a nightmare commute into a pleasant drive.

Got totally lucky because I thought it was included in 360 package on XLT but Ford makes you add Lariat trim to get it which I ended up doing for other reasons.
Clemson and Florida State will get out the first minute they can.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But as I type this I wonder if drive mode affects this as I drive in sport mode 99% of the time
It does. Eco will slowly roll into it, kinda unsafe sometimes imo. Normal is well about normal and I haven't tried sport but I imagine it drops and rips pretty hard.

nikorasu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Soul EV, 2022 Maverick Lariat First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recently drove a relative's 2022 Subaru Forester with ALL of the bells and whistles - literally. It had ACC also but constantly beeped at me to watch that road - which I was. Maybe it was my sunglasses blocking my eyes. When I intervened to drive around a vehicle making a turn it beeped because I was crossing the road lines. Same thing when I drove around some road kill.

Same experience. My ex had a 2018 Forester Touring with Eyesight and I really did not care for driving with the ACC and lane keeping turned on. All the alarms were annoying and the lane keeping seems unnatural back and fourth torques on the steering wheel. I turned it off most of the time on that car.

The Maverick on the other hand is wonderful. I think the acceleration, even on Eco mode, is still a bit too aggressive for my taste but the lane keeping is great. On the open interstate as long as I keep a little bit of weight with my wrist/hand on the wheel it can easily and gently turn the vehicle in the direction it should go. Of course I am still paying attention and ready to make more aggressive inputs when needed.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav is a real nice highway cruiser with ACC.

I was worried about it being so light and getting blown around in crosswinds and around semi’s but non issue. Plus the EB can easily zip you out of reach of big rigs.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Works great with little traffic. Otherwise, it's way too aggressive with the brakes and gas, and causes even worse rubber banding.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same experience. My ex had a 2018 Forester Touring with Eyesight and I really did not care for driving with the ACC and lane keeping turned on. All the alarms were annoying and the lane keeping seems unnatural back and fourth torques on the steering wheel. I turned it off most of the time on that car.

The Maverick on the other hand is wonderful. I think the acceleration, even on Eco mode, is still a bit too aggressive for my taste but the lane keeping is great. On the open interstate as long as I keep a little bit of weight with my wrist/hand on the wheel it can easily and gently turn the vehicle in the direction it should go. Of course I am still paying attention and ready to make more aggressive inputs when needed.
I had a 17' outback limited and the ACC was okay but I find the mavs more secure feeling. Also it only had "lane keep" which was more so just a don't crash measure where the Mavs lane centering is more like a active driver/control. Borderline autonomous and I find the radar setup more reliable than subarus eyesight(dual stereo cameras). Also you can't do a tint visor on subarus because it's camera based and it's sight paths can be blocked or hampered. Not a problem on the Fords with there setup.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many on here, ACC was the reason I went Lariat Lux. I just drove from N. GA to my home through Atlanta using my wife's Escape which has the feature. I love it. It does take some getting used to at first, but I now know how it behaves and drive accordingly.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm rather enjoying it. However, I find that it is sometimes overzealous with braking when it detects someone in front of me. I mean calm down car, just let it coast down in speed, no need for brakes.

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I'm in the minority one reason i only got the xlt with co pilot was so i didn't have to mess with ACC..i dont need to be told when to slow down.. but I'm sure it can be turned off if it came with the xlt co pilot just feel we are dumbing down driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving long stretches is a monotonous task. Quite happy to have reliable driver assists. I can take full control whenever I want so technically I have more control than if I didn’t have that option.
Sponsored