Sponsored

Has anyone actually gotten the Tailgate Plug Protective Cap?

RG4Maverick

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Has anyone actually gotten the tailgate protective cap in the glove box as mentioned in the owners manual on page 86? If so can you post a picture of it here? I contacted my dealer about getting it since I never received it with my truck and they are having problems understanding what it is or finding a part number to order a replacement.

Ford Maverick Has anyone actually gotten the Tailgate Plug Protective Cap? page 86
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No nada!

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone actually gotten the tailgate protective cap in the glove box as mentioned in the owners manual on page 86? If so can you post a picture of it here? I contacted my dealer about getting it since I never received it with my truck and they are having problems understanding what it is or finding a part number to order a replacement.

page 86.jpg
"Note: A protective cap should be in the glove" compartment.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing like that in my glovebox.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's this cap meant to protect?

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's this cap meant to protect?
I think it protects the plug end of the power feed to the tailgate lock when you take off the tailgate (for whatever reasaon). My guess is that the plug is still hot when you hit the door lock/unlock so you want to cap it.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it protects the plug end of the power feed to the tailgate lock when you take off the tailgate (for whatever reasaon). My guess is that the plug is still hot when you hit the door lock/unlock so you want to cap it.
It would also prevent moisture and dirt from getting into the electrical connection in the event that you need to leave the tailgate off for some reason. Most likely reason to do that is if you put something that extends beyond the bed that exceeds the weight rating of the tailgate.

hontak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Syd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my Rep searching everywhere for that 'cap' and he couldn't locate anything. The guy that did the PDI didn't see it and has no idea what it is. Does anyone have a picture of it?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

page 86.jpg
See people! This is what happens when you read the manual ;)

Sponsored

hontak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Syd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my Rep searching everywhere for that 'cap' and he couldn't locate anything. The guy that did the PDI didn't see it and has no idea what it is. Does anyone have a picture of it?
Just on with Ford Chat and this is the response:
I will be more than happy to document this on my end for your vehicle concerns. You will need to reach out to your selling dealership to obtain information on replacing the protective cap. They will need to submit these concerns on their end as well. I recommend speaking with the Sales Manager at your dealeship.

I will also be more than happy to document your concerns and send them over to your Sales manager at your dealership. This way they are aware that these concerns have been brought to Ford's attention.
I now have a case number to chase ;) She wasn't able to pull an image or part number on her end.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just on with Ford Chat and this is the response:
I will be more than happy to document this on my end for your vehicle concerns. You will need to reach out to your selling dealership to obtain information on replacing the protective cap. They will need to submit these concerns on their end as well. I recommend speaking with the Sales Manager at your dealeship.

I will also be more than happy to document your concerns and send them over to your Sales manager at your dealership. This way they are aware that these concerns have been brought to Ford's attention.
I now have a case number to chase ;) She wasn't able to pull an image or part number on her end.

Hmmm..... I didn't get one either. And I was also the one who check it in @ the dealership.

My suspicion is that that section of the owners manual was copy&pasted from F-150 or Ranger, and that the Maverick was never intended to have that part?

I glanced through the parts catalog.....I couldn't find anything. It is rather like looking for a needle in a haystack though! I didn't save the sticker that shows the "loose" items that should be in the vehicle. If it should have been included in the glovebox, it should be listed on that sticker.

If any one sees a Maverick that hasn't had those stickers removed by dealer, take a pic of the sticker that shows the loose items!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
@KevCuRaoi

Is this the sticker you are talking about? It was the one that was on my Mav before it went through PDI.
If it is the cap the OP is asking about is not listed on it.

Ford Maverick Has anyone actually gotten the Tailgate Plug Protective Cap? IMG_20220124_205546_01

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@KevCuRaoi

Is this the sticker you are talking about? It was the one that was on my Mav before it went through PDI.
If it is the cap the OP is asking about is not listed on it.

IMG_20220124_205546_01.jpg
Yes, that is it! Thanks! So no, the cap isn't listed on there. So my suspicion is that the Maverick is not supposed to include it... hence why no one can find it in the parts catalog.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Blue Oval's twist on 'Snipe Hunting', could be a Midwestern activity.
Sponsored