Sponsored

Barron's has a article that mentions the Maverick....or does it?

whizwart

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order placed for a 2024 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So Barron's has an article Here on Toyota raising wages for workers ( paywalled, unfortunately, but just hit that stop button on your browser when loading and you have a shot). The article talks about some of the difficulties that other manufactures are having. Oddly (and from what I know, incorrectly), the article traces the backlog in Maverick production to strikes at the Michigan Assembly Plant where it's made.....which we all know, it isn't. I think the author confused the Maverick for either the Bronco or Ranger. Kinda a big mistake unless theres some sort of logistical feature at play I don't, but I doubt it. Relevant paragraph for easy access :
The strike affected Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant, which produces Maverick trucks. That has reduced the supply—which always leads to higher prices. The disruption comes amid steadily strong demand for the model—at one point in early 2022, Ford had to stop taking 2023 Maverick orders because it was already struggling to fill order backlogs. All of these factors are showing up on the Maverick price tag. Barron’s found a handful of instances of dealer websites that listed 2023 Mavericks over the MSRP, short for manufacturers’ suggested retail price.
Sponsored