Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

IndianaWildcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat for all the bells and whistles and premium stereo.
Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully this one makes a sticky and Ill start

Fuel mileage. I got the XLT with CoPilot 360. Im on the road a lot and I have come to enjoy the BLIS systems. I got the hybrid because, well on the road a lot. White because its my favorite color on a vehicle despite all of mine being black since 04, and that is more than a few vehicles. I am not worried about the 2k towing because that is more then enough to haul my Harley or golf cart and if I need to really pull something I still have the (Time to start a never ending argument) best diesel of all time, the 6.0 PS in a 350.......What is sad is that this 'base xlt' has more bells and whistles than my KR 350 ever thought of......Didnt mind the hybrid system because it has been in the Escape for awhile and is proven and my dealership does a lifetime powertrain on all new Fords........And as this is will be my DD that Ill keep forever I decided against a full loadout of other things that will break and went with what I had to have....Cruise, Keypad, rear window, tow hitch and vinyl floor mats.......
THANK YOU FORD FOR BRINGING BACK AN ACTUAL SMALL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you get and why?

P.S. Also Ford you can kiss it for NOT putting cruise and a keypad as an option on the XL
I ordered the 1st Edition, Spark Red, AWD 2.0 L EB w 4 K Tow... Reasoning - I am betting on future value for the 1st Edition, even though the "pundits" argue against such. My thoughts are that this FORD, a well loved Truck Mftr is re-introducing the Small Truck into the market - and it is having an impact... in a way a bit similar to the Mustang in the 60's... but that was a TOTAL start up market! I also wanted all of the Features that come with the entire build out... as this may be the last vehicle I ever purchase again... I want to be in total comfort. And the best value that is surfacing these past few days.. the mpg is much better than I had anticipated - overall 29.

I do have a question for y'all... this 8 speed does not have the +/- Triptronic shift... I love using such, for downshifting to a stop (had a 2015 BMW X3 w 120k miles and never had to change out the brakes!) ... open to opinions as to using this "dial shift" for manual adjustment to lower gears for same effect - smart or "not such a good idea?

Sevesteen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Lux, 18 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid Lariat Luxury in Area 51, no standalone options.

Maverick, because this appears as if someone quizzed me about what I'd want in a vehicle and how much I'd be willing to pay and then designed one to match. Initially ordered an Ecoboost due to not understanding the difference between E-CVT and belt and pulley CVT. Switched as soon as I found out how the E-CVT works and that it's covered by the hybrid system warranty. Lariat Luxury because I want tech equal to my '18 Honda Fit EX--in particular the lack of adaptive cruise would be a dealbreaker. I also like push button start far more than I expected. Area 51 because I'm too cheap to pay $400 for a color and I want a color rather than a shade of gray. That left me with Velocity Blue and Area 51 as my favorite free colors. The deciding factor between them is something farther from the color of my Fit since we're keeping it.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2009 F350 Harley Davidson edition
Ahhhh....6.4......My old man has a 06 Harley 250....I couldnt find one....Had to go with a King Ranch....But the KR and the HD are promised to my two girls.....The oldest wants the KR when she can drive so that will leave the youngest with the Harley

Jmbc88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Lariat First edition hybrid, Area 51. I am 64 and never bought a new car. I want to start driving around the country and visiting the national parks. I was looking for used hybrid highlander but they were 40k. 1 want to bring my ebike and have the utility of a pickup truck so the moment I saw this I realized this was a great deal. Decided to splurge and get a really nice truck. Will pay it off in 3 years with no interest. I have had several Toyota hybrids and have had great experiences with hybrid motors. I thought about all wheel drive but have used 4wd two or three times a year at the most. I decided to go with the mileage. Looking forward to getting it, whenever that will be.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT, Hybrid, Cactus Gray, Inverter, Trailer Hitch, Co-Pilot360, Spray-in liner.

Hybrid for the mileage, inverter and hitch because I need them, Co-pilot because I'm getting old, spray-in liner because I intend to keep this one for more than my usual 10 years if ... you know.

Cactus Gray? ... Well, I live in a dirt road neighborhood in a paved town. I've seen cars with similar colors that don't seem to show the dirt so much. I hope that works. Plus, my daughter likes it and she'll probably get it if I croak. (Did I mention I'm getting old?)

Kevin1987

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid Lariat, Co-Pilot 360 Assist, 18" Black Wheels, Carbonized Grey.

Too many things I absolutely needed in my next vehicle... Push Button Start, Lane Assist / Braking, Keyless Entry etc... only thing I didn't get was the sunroof because I need the extra inces of headspace.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully this one makes a sticky and Ill start

Fuel mileage. I got the XLT with CoPilot 360. Im on the road a lot and I have come to enjoy the BLIS systems. I got the hybrid because, well on the road a lot. White because its my favorite color on a vehicle despite all of mine being black since 04, and that is more than a few vehicles. I am not worried about the 2k towing because that is more then enough to haul my Harley or golf cart and if I need to really pull something I still have the (Time to start a never ending argument) best diesel of all time, the 6.0 PS in a 350.......What is sad is that this 'base xlt' has more bells and whistles than my KR 350 ever thought of......Didnt mind the hybrid system because it has been in the Escape for awhile and is proven and my dealership does a lifetime powertrain on all new Fords........And as this is will be my DD that Ill keep forever I decided against a full loadout of other things that will break and went with what I had to have....Cruise, Keypad, rear window, tow hitch and vinyl floor mats.......
THANK YOU FORD FOR BRINGING BACK AN ACTUAL SMALL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you get and why?

P.S. Also Ford you can kiss it for NOT putting cruise and a keypad as an option on the XL
I bought a CO XLT with AWD, SIBL, BAP, hitch receiver, Co-Pilot 360 and BLISS. In addition it has a Homelink mirror. The truck was used (666 miles at signing) and the best of the three that were on the lot. There was a Lariat but it was very expensive and didn’t have nearly as much as the XLT. So far, I have no regrets on my choice. The CO color stands out and combined with Black, it just looks good!

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0151

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0078

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0079

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0055

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_1089

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape the Terrain Vibe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

XL AWD
I prefer steel wheels. I grew up on a farm where everything was steel. Only owned a few vehicles not on steel because it wasn’t offered.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cyber Orange- saw it on the Broncos and had to have it. After getting t-boned by an idiot who "didn't see me" recently, give me all the bright colors

XLT AWD 2.0 - powahhhh. Superior suspension setup, decent power with a tune, should be fun to drive. Had to bump up to XLT to get cyber orange, otherwise I'd have been in a much cheaper XL

4K tow- already took the hit on mpg from the Ecoboost, might as well get the higher rating, better cooling and gearing, and be able to legally tow the big uhaul trailers that the 2k rated trucks can't.

FX4 - skid plates, front tow hooks, some drive modes, different shocks alone would have been a decent deal for the upcharge. Biggest thing here is the larger in dash screen, looks so much better than the small screen in the XL and XLT normally.

No Lux Package - what i call the XLT Poverty trim - most of the value in the lux package comes from heated things - I live in South Florida where that stuff never gets used. I'd rather have LineX do the spray in bedliner with a lifetime warranty vs the Ford 3 year warranty anyway. I have outlets in the front and rear of my current vehicle and have never used them.

235/65/17 Falkens with different wheels - best tire option from the factory, it's expensive up front but I really don't want those Pirellis

Full size spare - why not
Got lucky, my dealership had a used (666 miles at signing) CO XLT with BAP, AWD, SIBL and some minor additions. Beautiful truck

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0151

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0114

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0073

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0079

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_0078

Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_1089

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ditto on the aftermarket liner. But I am because I have a 150 with Fords and it just does not compete with my LineX one.
Have you guys found the best drop in liner? I was going to get it sprayed in but the ratings here in Oahu are horrible. Until then everything is in bags (I have a bed mat) or nada..

Maverick8686

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hyundai kona 1.6t
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered a 24 Atlas blue Mav Lariat Fx4 4k tow. I was pricing the xlt luxury fx4 4k tow and it was a 2k difference so I just went with the Lariat for the interior, standard goodies, and upgraded stereo. Mine came out to 37995 including destination fee.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT because I never buy the cheapest or the most expensive. Best bang for the buck is midrange.

LUX Package because my arthritic hands love heated steering wheels in the winter.

FX/4 package because I love black wheels and glitzy fender graphics. :ROFLMAO:

KrisYYC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze, 2024 Ford Maverick XLT in production
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick yet as I just ordered it on September 7th, but here's why I ordered what I did.

2024 Ecoboost XLT in Cactus Grey

Ecoboost because I live in Canada and want AWD.

XLT because I can't stand leather seats! I probably would have gone Lariat for the better sound system etc but no cloth seat option (at least in Canada). I'm not a total audiophile so the non-premium sound system is probably good enough, if not I'll swap out the speakers.

Lux package and 360 because I like those features.

4k tow package. I don't currently need to tow anything but may be in the future. Better to have it and not need, then need it and not have it. Plus it'll really help with resale around here.

I hummed and hawed about FX4 and selecting different wheels (I don't like the black ones FX4 comes with) but honestly I don't really drive on any road that the regular EB AWD couldn't handle. It's more about winter performance for me. I just wish you could get the larger digital screen between the tac and speedo on the XLT without Hybrid or FX4.

GFLukasik

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Picked up 2 Mavericks on Monday. Both are identical. 😊

hybrid
Area 51
XLT
CoPilot 360
Remote start (didn’t want to have to open app)

Added:
Focal speakers (components in front)
Weather Mats
Bed mat
Tonneau cover, hard
Tailgate dampener
Dash cams
Etc..
Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? IMG_3351
Sponsored