Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully this one makes a sticky and Ill start

Fuel mileage. I got the XLT with CoPilot 360. Im on the road a lot and I have come to enjoy the BLIS systems. I got the hybrid because, well on the road a lot. White because its my favorite color on a vehicle despite all of mine being black since 04, and that is more than a few vehicles. I am not worried about the 2k towing because that is more then enough to haul my Harley or golf cart and if I need to really pull something I still have the (Time to start a never ending argument) best diesel of all time, the 6.0 PS in a 350.......What is sad is that this 'base xlt' has more bells and whistles than my KR 350 ever thought of......Didnt mind the hybrid system because it has been in the Escape for awhile and is proven and my dealership does a lifetime powertrain on all new Fords........And as this is will be my DD that Ill keep forever I decided against a full loadout of other things that will break and went with what I had to have....Cruise, Keypad, rear window, tow hitch and vinyl floor mats.......
THANK YOU FORD FOR BRINGING BACK AN ACTUAL SMALL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you get and why?

P.S. Also Ford you can kiss it for NOT putting cruise and a keypad as an option on the XL
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got a white hybrid XLT with full size spare and hitch. I get 25 mpg in my Soul right now so 40 is an upgrade. I like smaller cars, but was drawn to the versatility of a truck. We take our bicycles places so the hitch was a must and I will never drive on an emergency spare ever again. I’ve never owned a white car, but heard it hides dirt the best. I wanted the little extras with the XLT and did not want the ugly leather in the Lariat.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Xl 2.0 awd with 4k tow package

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a white hybrid XLT with full size spare and hitch. I get 25 mpg in my Soul right now so 40 is an upgrade. I like smaller cars, but was drawn to the versatility of a truck. We take our bicycles places so the hitch was a must and I will never drive on an emergency spare ever again. I’ve never owned a white car, but heard it hides dirt the best. I wanted the little extras with the XLT and did not want the ugly leather in the Lariat.
I will verify that white hides dirt/scratches the best. My black truck is the opposite....

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For sure. My black car now stays clean for about 3 days.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rapid Red Lariat loaded. I've needed and played with buying a used truck for the occasional Home Depot runs. Have a 2015 Prius and don't want to lose the 40mpg.... Prayers were answered....... Plus I'm looking at 70 and decided to go all out ..... had a red truck as a kid... might as well have the last vehicle be a bigger (not much) Red truck

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the XLT hybrid, iconic silver, copilot 360,
All weather mats I wanted a drop-in bed liner but it would have delayed production so I'm going aftermarket for that.
I have a 2005 Ranger now, I had a pontoon boat but just sold it so I don't need more than 2000 lbs towing but I still love having a truck.
I would liked just a 2 door and longer bed but it will work for my needs plus the MPG will be almost double what I get now so my fuel costs will be a lot lower đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Mike

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the XLT hybrid, iconic silver, copilot 360,
All weather mats I wanted a drop-in bed liner but it would have delayed production so I'm going aftermarket for that.
I have a 2005 Ranger now, I had a pontoon boat but just sold it so I don't need more than 2000 lbs towing but I still love having a truck.
I would liked just a 2 door and longer bed but it will work for my needs plus the MPG will be almost double what I get now so my fuel costs will be a lot lower đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Mike

Ditto on the aftermarket liner. But I am because I have a 150 with Fords and it just does not compete with my LineX one.

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Cyber Orange- saw it on the Broncos and had to have it. After getting t-boned by an idiot who "didn't see me" recently, give me all the bright colors

XLT AWD 2.0 - powahhhh. Superior suspension setup, decent power with a tune, should be fun to drive. Had to bump up to XLT to get cyber orange, otherwise I'd have been in a much cheaper XL

4K tow- already took the hit on mpg from the Ecoboost, might as well get the higher rating, better cooling and gearing, and be able to legally tow the big uhaul trailers that the 2k rated trucks can't.

FX4 - skid plates, front tow hooks, some drive modes, different shocks alone would have been a decent deal for the upcharge. Biggest thing here is the larger in dash screen, looks so much better than the small screen in the XL and XLT normally.

No Lux Package - what i call the XLT Poverty trim - most of the value in the lux package comes from heated things - I live in South Florida where that stuff never gets used. I'd rather have LineX do the spray in bedliner with a lifetime warranty vs the Ford 3 year warranty anyway. I have outlets in the front and rear of my current vehicle and have never used them.

235/65/17 Falkens with different wheels - best tire option from the factory, it's expensive up front but I really don't want those Pirellis

Full size spare - why not

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
For sure. My black car now stays clean for about 3 days.
You must live in a clean room. It takes me less time to wash a truck than get black dirty.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live on a dirt road......my truck gets dirty while I wash it.....

cinquecentonero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XL
AWD
Floor Mats
Area 51
I had the stand alone Spray in Bedliner option but deleted it because I heard of commodity issues and the day after I deleted from my order the build was scheduled.
I have a 2019 King Ranch Crew Cab but work in Manhattan and needed a city truck.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A loaded cactus gray hybrid lariat with mud flaps, window wind deflectors, carpeted floor mats, tailgate anti theft lock.
Why? I want the gas mileage I want the convenience and usefullness of small truck. I upgraded to lariat because I want all the creature comforts and the Kick-Ass sound system. Had Ford offered ventilated heated / cooled seats I would have gotten that option as well.
If I want to haul/tow heavy stuff or carry a load of big stuff, I have a long bed F250.
Day to day commutes, being able to stop off at Home Depot etc, this truck is exactly what I've been waiting for.
I predict Ford will sell the hell out of it to companies for fleet use, and I think a lot of construction guys are going to get it as well. It will be perfect as a pool cleaning service or do basic home handyman stuff truck. If it lives up to the hype I think Ford has hit a home run.
As it stands now my only concern is how good the seats are. I've read reviews that the seats in the Escape are so so at best.
Sponsored