Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition Hybrid Lariat Rapid Red 360 Copilot Black Rims If this vehicle is all that Ford claims this may be my last vehicle!!
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
German cars today are plastic junk. There is a reason everyone I know who actually works on the line in Tuscaloosa refuses own one. And after having them and being around them, Ill never touch another. Beamer or MB
Germans are masters of awesome SHORT TERM designs that fail long before their usefulness.
The last reliable was a 300D!
The best would be take their designs and have a Japanese manufacturer redesign it for reliability, QC it and build it.

Anturok

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat w/ 4k tow pkg
As someone who's owned a push-to-start vehicle for the last four(ish?) years, they're not always everything they're cracked up to be. Yes, it's convenient, but it's the worst thing when the battery runs out or the remote itself starts acting strange.

In my current car, if the remote stops working, I have to manually enter my car with the key (which sets off the car alarm, because if my car doesn't detect the remote, it thinks it's getting broken into), then set the remote in a specific cupholder until my car can "find" it there. Sometimes this takes a few minutes of finagling for it to detect everything properly. If I have anything at all attached to my remote (lanyard, cards, etc), it won't detect it, so I have to take everything off. All while sitting there like an idiot with my alarm going off.

Definitely not something I enjoy. The key start on the XLT was actually something I was thankful for specifically for that reason. Same with the door code entry. Not saying everyone will have this experience, but I pretty much die of embarrassment every time it happens. The Lariat might not do it in the first place because of the keypad entry, though.

The adaptive cruise control, on the other hand, I will definitely miss. Wish it was available in the XLT lux package.

(Almost forgot: Cactus Grey XLT, Lux package, CoPilot360 package, sunroof, manual rear window.)
I get it things can go wrong. I have had a push to start vehicle for 3ish years now and haven't had any problems, so I am hoping to continue that streak, haha.

Last edited:

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a push to start Mazda SUV for 8 years with no problems!

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont know about the new escapes but my wife's 14 titanium seats were great
Agree I had a 13 titanium and it was one of the best seats in a vehicle I have had.

Sponsored

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cyber Orange- saw it on the Broncos and had to have it. After getting t-boned by an idiot who "didn't see me" recently, give me all the bright colors

XLT AWD 2.0 - powahhhh. Superior suspension setup, decent power with a tune, should be fun to drive. Had to bump up to XLT to get cyber orange, otherwise I'd have been in a much cheaper XL

4K tow- already took the hit on mpg from the Ecoboost, might as well get the higher rating, better cooling and gearing, and be able to legally tow the big uhaul trailers that the 2k rated trucks can't.

FX4 - skid plates, front tow hooks, some drive modes, different shocks alone would have been a decent deal for the upcharge. Biggest thing here is the larger in dash screen, looks so much better than the small screen in the XL and XLT normally.

No Lux Package - what i call the XLT Poverty trim - most of the value in the lux package comes from heated things - I live in South Florida where that stuff never gets used. I'd rather have LineX do the spray in bedliner with a lifetime warranty vs the Ford 3 year warranty anyway. I have outlets in the front and rear of my current vehicle and have never used them.

235/65/17 Falkens with different wheels - best tire option from the factory, it's expensive up front but I really don't want those Pirellis

Full size spare - why not
Thanks for mentioning the uhaul trailer. That 12x6 looks like a great idea.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Thanks for mentioning the uhaul trailer. That 12x6 looks like a great idea.
Ford Maverick Which Maverick trim model did you get and why? C6A08FC9-3D3F-49F5-A742-A2F309B70C93

The 6x12 utility with ramp is my favorite trailer for furniture / bulky items because it gives you so much room to store stuff and lots of tie down spots, including the top rail. But it's 2,290lbs empty. You can drop down to a 5x9 with ramp and it's 1,240lbs and haul that, but they seem to be stocked less down here.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
As I have previously stated I went with the XLT Lux 360 because of my broken back, MS, and necrotizing fasciitis wound placement (right glute) safety and the lessened ability to move my neck highly motivated these decisions. Plus the 8 way drivers seat gives me slightly more room for my torso and to adjust to my back plus brace.

this obviously does not apply to everyone and sadly of the 4 members of our foundation, I am in the best condition to drive

the additional tie downs in the rear also allow for bag storage and tie downs for my chair.

will probably build a custom hard tonneau with a strong center rail and pop up hatches for each bag type and ablo locks. Heck my chair alone has a higher CoR than the Maverick at 35k$

Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rapid red Lariat with all three packages. Covers all the options I want. No extra options ordered but will add window deflectors, floor mats, splash guards and maybe hood deflector
later.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I ordered the XL 2.0 AWD. XL because i do not like the interior of the others and for the affordability. If only it had cruise control I would be completely happy.

Last edited:

doctorres112

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Cruiser, 2021 Toyota Corolla
Currently driving a '21 Corolla, couldn't decide on which Mav to order....originally went w/ the XLT but then realized I'd be dropping radar cruise control, touch entry and a few other small features. With that, I changed to the Lariat w/ Lux package. Let's just hope I still get a decent trade in value by the time the Mav arrives at my dealer.

-Chris

Caleb Smith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cyber Orange, XLT Luxe, Only add-on I selected was the floormats and 360.

Cyber orange because I only every owned dark colored vehicles and wanted a change. Plus its the ONLY pearl option without upgrading to Lariat.

XLT Luxe because I wanted some bells and whistles, Was going to add a spray in liner and since that package comes with it I figured what the hell. Remote start key fob is one option that I wanted for sure.

Floormats because you cant go wrong with all-weather mats.

360 because i commute every day for work. Use Cruise Control a lot, and its a major convenience.
Sponsored