Which Bed Liner?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I was going for the drop in but my dealer said it would hold up delivery date so he suggested an after market.
Anyone know of an after market place in Southern California?
search Line-X in google near you and read reviews
Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I had the drop-in selected on my specs because I wanted bed protection and took the cheapest option. My dealer explained to me that they can do a spray-on at the dealership for almost the same price as the drop-in, and after hearing how it's more textured and minimizes cargo from sliding around, I agreed and went with that option.

Ken89

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I'm just buying a 3/4" rubber horsestall mat (4'x6') for $40 and cutting it to size. Its way more heavy duty than fords drop-in bed mat. Someone earlier mentioned commercial gym mats which are the same material and density.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That might be a good response for someone living in Vegas. Most regions in the US and Canada aren't nearly as arid as your area and wet plywood in most places can lead to several undesirable results (mold, warping, rust, termites, etc.).

Also, if you don't cut the plywood exactly to fit, you will experience rubbing on the bed floor and wheel wells. Any little bit of dust or dirt can absolutely wreck an unlined bed's paint/finish. I had cut plywood for the bed of my work truck several years back and some metal shavings got under it. Needless to say, the boss was not happy with the results.

But if plywood works for you, by all means use it. I'm sure everyone will end up doing what they want to do anyway.
Go to Tractor Supply and get one of their Rubber Stall Mats. Cut it like you would the plywood and you have a bed mat for life.

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the spray-in bedliner is color-matched?
As Henry Ford once said, "You can have any color you like . . . as long as it's black."

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just buying a 3/4" rubber horsestall mat (4'x6') for $40 and cutting it to size. Its way more heavy duty than fords drop-in bed mat. Someone earlier mentioned commercial gym mats which are the same material and density.
This is what I wanted to do but I thought the bed was 53 in wide and it would bother me that the very edges weren't covered... Probably nothing would be rubbing right there but it still bothers me.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Ordered the Lux package so spray-in was included.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer did line-x on mine
Ford Maverick Which Bed Liner? IMG_20211103_163431887

Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I always beat the crap out of my bed for a couple of years and then get a spray-in bed liner. It's almost like getting a new truck! Remember to get under the box a pound all the dents back into shape first.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what I wanted to do but I thought the bed was 53 in wide and it would bother me that the very edges weren't covered... Probably nothing would be rubbing right there but it still bothers me.
Buy 4x6 3/4" stall mat cut off 3" longer than depth of bed. Cut the small piece that was cut from 4x6 piece into two equal pieces keeping the long factory edge. Epoxy those factory edges to the factory edge of the large piece to extend the 48" width to a wider length. You will have an open space between them but that will trim off. Buy a piece of 5mm 4x8 sheet of underlayment from big box.(will be probably thinnest plywood they will have. Rip or have them rip saw it into 6" wide strips. Use these strips to cut into pieces to follow around the bed. You can scribe the edges to follow any contours or off sets to follow where you will want to cut. When all pieces are cut you can tape them to bed floor or weight down with bricks or?. Take unused 6" stripes cut pieces and glue across all cracks between all the original pieces lying around the inside of bed. Then when glue is dry. Remove bricks if any are left and glue 3 or four more strips across the opening in the center of the pattern you have made to stabilize the pattern. If you need to mark any holes or whatever mark them on this pattern at this time if you didn't do that earlier. When all glue is set you can remove this pattern and trace around it to see where you need to cut the piece of stall mat that you so cleverly prepared! Have a good time "flexing" in your bed.🤩. Pattern might be a good garage sell item or ?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No liner dealer has non-pigment material needed for color match liner. Going to be months? Has anyone taken the top bed trim off and put liner to wrap around top? Suggestions,?