Sponsored

Which Is Better? Spray-in bed liner, drop-in bed liner, or truck bed mat?

OP
OP

Trmime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Another older female here who is also ordering a MAV as the last vehicle I ever intend to buy. I'm going with the spray in. I've had lots of trucks, all had drop ins, and they can be a pain with things sliding every which way, and to me that just look.....cheap compared to the spray in, which "feels" more custom. The drop ins just always look like some plastic added to a truck, where the spray in looks like a custom PART of the truck. I'm probably eventually going to put in a bed mat on top of the liner, likely a barn mat I pick up at Tractor Supply or some such thing, just to give some added grip, keep things from sliding.
SIBL hands down!! I have it on my Maverick. A word of advice. Get it done at Line-X. The SIBL was a hold up due to constraints. Might happen again in the new model year. I have the lux pkg, so mine came with the SIBL. My Maverick was a customer’s order, and he canceled it.

I have a tri-fold hard top tonneau cover. Love it!!
Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Because of its great gas mileage and higher ground clearance, I plan on ordering a Maverick XLT this summer . I am a female and this will be my first truck and the last vehicle I will buy. I know very little about trucks and, of course, don't want to make any mistakes. So, my question is, which is better: spray-in bed liner, drop-in bed liner, or a truck bed mat? Since I am up there in age, I don't need anything "heavy duty."
This is late and I hope you’re happy with whatever choice you made. Mine came with the sprayed in bed liner. I prefer this to a drop in mainly because once installed, it becomes a permanent part of the bed. Unlike a drop in, there’s no chance for rust or debris to get between the liner and the truck bed. A drop in liner is still better than nothing at all. Even with the SIBL, I would get a bed mat. It’s easier on your knees.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Because of its great gas mileage and higher ground clearance, I plan on ordering a Maverick XLT this summer . I am a female and this will be my first truck and the last vehicle I will buy. I know very little about trucks and, of course, don't want to make any mistakes. So, my question is, which is better: spray-in bed liner, drop-in bed liner, or a truck bed mat? Since I am up there in age, I don't need anything "heavy duty."
As for a bed cover, that will depend on how much you’re willing to spend. I went with the SyneticUSA from Truck2Go which was much less than from anyone else. I had mine installed for a total of $1,007! Much less than anyone else and really like it as a once installed, forever solution. All of the fold/roll-up type bed covers are semi permanent solutions that will need replacing at some point. So keep that in mind. All coverings will have both pros and cons but I think the retractable cover has the fewest cons of any solution.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid