Which Bed Liner?

Bakins12

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford’s
I have had trucks for years and the last 10 or so years have used Bed Rug love them an indestructible. I have hade full Bed Rugs and the Bed Rug mat, I will definitely go that route.
Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Spray in because I’m being forced to accept it as part of the luxury package. I would much rather pay a company that specializes in bed liners to do it.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the XLT with the luxury package. So I'm getting the spray in. Will be my first truck, so no preference here.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After market spray in since we have a great line x guy. Dealerships send touchup and used trucks to him to do. Add the mat for camping. The bedrug looks interesting

Dapster1

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Crew
My suggestions on bed liners for my new Ranger also put me in a back and forth mind set. I had a large Ford dealer in Tampa tell me that you have 2 choices as discussed ....spray in or a true bed liner. Every one knows of the pros and cons for each one. My friend also told me that Penda liners is the bed liner that makes OEM Ford bed liners! The new Penda liner is on my new Ranger now and I love it. Perfect fit with ruff texture that allows most things to stay in its place. Look at he Penda liner and see the new designs and save alot of money too!

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahh got it.

Do

I'm on a budget. Would you think the bedmat would be enough protection
Bed mat is a can't live without. I love my Tacoma composite bed and would spray in if it was steel. My buddy has a Ranger on lease and it just looks unfinished... and it is scuffed up and I worry he is going to get dinged when he returns it in a year.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
85B - removable mat - does it come with the tailgate protection piece as well, or just the bed mat - like this pic of my F150:
f150mat.jpg
I had a 2011 Dakota that I did a home DIY kinda like spray in liner. Hercules I believe the name was with a rubber mat on the bottom. It really worked well. At work we use the factory spray in liners from Ford and have used Line X before it was a factory option. They hold up very well in a construction environment. Oil, diesel, gasoline, rocks, shovels, dirt, etc don’t phase it. I’ve only seen it get wrecked by an over aggressive laborer in a fork truck. That’s as nice as I can put it. The stuff will outlay the truck for what I’m gonna do with it. In my opinion well worth the money

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Bed mat is a can't live without. I love my Tacoma composite bed and would spray in if it was steel. My buddy has a Ranger on lease and it just looks unfinished... and it is scuffed up and I worry he is going to get dinged when he returns it in a year.
Bed mats are a must with the slippery composite bed of a Tacoma.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely Spray-In, then a aftermarket mat.

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I ordered a factory spray liner. My Nissan Frontier has a drop in plastic liner. I’m concerned about the metal bed underneath it. My previous pickups have had spray in with no problems.

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spray in for me I deal with a lot of salt water stuff and after many years of using different methods of protection the spray in the only thing that works

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
Get a sheet of plywood then cut out slots for the wheel wells stick it in the bed … done deal.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Get a sheet of plywood then cut out slots for the wheel wells stick it in the bed … done deal.
That might be a good response for someone living in Vegas. Most regions in the US and Canada aren't nearly as arid as your area and wet plywood in most places can lead to several undesirable results (mold, warping, rust, termites, etc.).

Also, if you don't cut the plywood exactly to fit, you will experience rubbing on the bed floor and wheel wells. Any little bit of dust or dirt can absolutely wreck an unlined bed's paint/finish. I had cut plywood for the bed of my work truck several years back and some metal shavings got under it. Needless to say, the boss was not happy with the results.

But if plywood works for you, by all means use it. I'm sure everyone will end up doing what they want to do anyway.

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
I was going for the drop in but my dealer said it would hold up delivery date so he suggested an after market.
Anyone know of an after market place in Southern California?
Sponsored