Which Bed Liner?

self04084

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F150 Extended Cab 4.6 - going strong at 162K
85B - removable mat - does it come with the tailgate protection piece as well, or just the bed mat - like this pic of my F150:
Ford Maverick Which Bed Liner? f150mat
Sponsored

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
I'm also a first time truck owner. I'm going with the drop-in bedliner. I like the look and the price of the drop in ones. And it's super easy to slide heavy things in and out on a hard bedliner. I hope there's some tailgate protection too, but who knows. I had never heard that the drop in bedliner can wear away the paint underneath. That sucks, but hopefully it's not too big of an issue. Does anyone know if the spray-in bedliner is color-matched?

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
spray for me, then add a mat if I feel that I need one. I think aftermarket spray in prices aren't too bad if you don't get it initially then decide later on that you want it.

Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the spray-in bedliner is color-matched?
Yes, is it is color matched, but only if you order a black Maverick. :)

Most of the Maverick photos and videos on the Ford website show the spray-in bedliner, which is black.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm also a first time truck owner. I'm going with the drop-in bedliner. I like the look and the price of the drop in ones. And it's super easy to slide heavy things in and out on a hard bedliner. I hope there's some tailgate protection too, but who knows. I had never heard that the drop in bedliner can wear away the paint underneath. That sucks, but hopefully it's not too big of an issue. Does anyone know if the spray-in bedliner is color-matched?
yes, as long as you like black. Never seen another color. And yes the drop ins do wear on the paint (at least the clear top coat) underneath.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
spray for me, then add a mat if I feel that I need one. I think aftermarket spray in prices aren't too bad if you don't get it initially then decide later on that you want it.
I live in a small town and we only have 1 guy that does spray liners so there is no price shopping. He did our 2018 F-150 when new 3 years ago and I believe it cost $550.00. Surely more then that now. Also, did you know they have to first grind off all the paint to prep the surface before applying the spray coat? We didn't and it was a bit unsettling knowing our brand new truck would get all the brand new paint factory removed.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
yes, as long as you like black. Never seen another color. And yes the drop ins do wear on the paint (at least the clear top coat) underneath.
Line-X offers different colors of bedliner in their Linex-X Xtra products. Personally, I wouldn't use Line-X or any other aftermarket product on a truck with a full factory warranty. I'd be fine with ordering it from the factory that way.

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
Depends on what you'll be using the truck for. If you plan on ever hauling mulch, rock, dirt, sand, or anything abrasive that's not in a bag, the sprayin is the only way to go. Loose materials will get under any other liner/mat and act like sandpaper. A sprayin liner will wear thru eventually but you can see the damage and repair it.

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spray in with bed mat, softer on my old knees...
This is what I have with my F-150, works great. AS OF NOW, my order has the XLT lux pkg, so I am getting spray in (but might look for non-oem bed mat later)

While I am here, can anyone explain what the "Bed Tray Liner' ($170) option is? (I can't seem to find any picture of it.)

Thanks

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Current truck owner, I have a drop in liner, then added a BedRug bed & tailgate mat, best of both worlds. I previously had the rubber flexible mat, but things don’t slide in and out easily....which might be good for some, just depends on how your going to use the bed.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what I have with my F-150, works great. AS OF NOW, my order has the XLT lux pkg, so I am getting spray in (but might look for non-oem bed mat later)

While I am here, can anyone explain what the "Bed Tray Liner' ($170) option is? (I can't seem to find any picture of it.)

Thanks
I’m curious too....

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
I prefer the plastic drop-in bed liners over the spray-in. I've had both on different trucks, and I could abuse the plastic drop-in more, especially when loading large, heavy objects with sharp points or corners. Even just loading something as common as cinder blocks, with a plastic liner you can just slide those back and keep loading. But the spray-in liners aren't as "slidable" and I found myself having to crawl into the bed to lift them into position. Those types of objects can gouge out a spray-in liner, which can scratch the paint underneath and eventually lead to rusting. Ask me how I know. But to each their own...I get that the spray-ins look better and do a better job protecting the bed as long as they're not compromised.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the Maverick with a spray in as a stand alone option. My current truck has a spry in and I use cardboard as a cushion and that also makes things easier to slide in and out plus somewhat protects the bed from damage. As noted a drop in has its pros and cons. I am hoping with the Maverick I can load small bits from the side so I don't have to load everything via the tailgate. I am a clean freak and my truck lives in the garage so if I need to do some really dirty hauling I borrow a small trailer or work truck. I may buy a bed mat later but will probably wait til the aftermarket people catch up, same with a tonneau.
Sponsored

Last edited: