Sponsored

When will Ford will release 2024 Maverick upgrades and photos?

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As a matter of fact Azure Grey is scheduled to be included as a new color along with a Desert Tan type color for '24. Nothing official until the '24 order guide comes out sometime mid August (guessing) when the order bank opens.
If the Tan is ok I will order that, but I still want Eruption Green!
Sponsored

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Just a reminder to change your ecoboost oil at 5k miles or less. Listen to this guy that deals with these everyday. So many people on here post about following the oil life monitor and that early oil changes are a waste of money. This Ecoboost blew up right outside of warranty because he was following the oil life monitor, thats all the Ford Engineers need it to do and thats why the oil life monitor calculates the way it does, to make maintenance costs appear low. Oil quality is everything for Turbocharged and VVT engines. Once these oil screens clog, you are screwed. Lets make these Maverick Ecoboosts hit 300k miles like he says is possible!!!

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know changing oil every 3000 miles is probably too quick but been doing it for about 60 years now.going to keep doing so until i have a oil related problem 🤪yes ,i change the filter,use synthetic oil also.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can have long oil change intervals with a large area cartridge filter, but the Maverick has a dinky 8oz spin-on. 10k on that seems really foolish. 5-7k is a much better idea.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can have long oil change intervals with a large area cartridge filter, but the Maverick has a dinky 8oz spin-on. 10k on that seems really foolish. 5-7k is a much better idea.
FL400S threads on and has a larger capacity. I will be doing my first oil change this weekend and will using the aimsoil equivalent EA034

Sponsored

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

But the manual says.....

I haven't even hit 4k miles on mine, picked it up 26 Nov 2022 and have done 3 oil changes. Cheap insurance for engine and turbo life.

I have never, and probably never will understand people spending money to buy a vehicle and then skimping on oil changes because "the manual says..."

Last edited:

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FL400S threads on and has a larger capacity. I will be doing my first oil change this weekend and will using the aimsoil equivalent EA034
Just did my first last Saturday, used the prescribed 910. I have a couple of FL400s from my last Ranger. Will use one of those on my next change..

Jerry

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know changing oil every 3000 miles is probably too quick but been doing it for about 60 years now.going to keep doing so until i have a oil related problem 🤪yes ,i change the filter,use synthetic oil also.
What if you drove 3000 miles a week?
(There was a time I drove 2000 miles a week for work related.)

OCI should be a factor of time plus miles. High miles or high amount of time.

Short time interval with short number of miles, I hope you agree, is not the way to do it.

Blkraven66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased the extended warranty ( 84 months, gap+ insurance added) . That requires oil changes every 6000 miles. Have done 4 of those already at the dealership. I will keep this routine until warranty expires, then every 3000. I will also go full synthetic then( not synthetic blend, like the dealership) . My personal mechanic always say, " oil changes are cheap, engines are not".

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I purchased the extended warranty ( 84 months, gap+ insurance added) . That requires oil changes every 6000 miles. Have done 4 of those already at the dealership. I will keep this routine until warranty expires, then every 3000. I will also go full synthetic then( not synthetic blend, like the dealership) . My personal mechanic always say, " oil changes are cheap, engines are not".
I use full synthetic also.

Full synthetic on a turbocharged engine is an extremely good idea even if it's rarely used for towing or driving 'spiritedly' because of the heat the turbocharger produces, and the importance of bearing life in the center section.

Sponsored

brucecorporal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I tow or come off the highway I always let it idle a few minutes and open the hood in warm weather. And change oil every 5000 kilometers

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To add to all the science in this thread, I’ve been changing my Ford turbo trucks at around 70,000 miles since 2015 and have not had any issues at all.

Mr Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT ,TOYOTA CHR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To add to all the science in this thread, I’ve been changing my Ford turbo trucks at around 70,000 miles since 2015 and have not had any issues at all.
Wow , how many miles does your truck have now?

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First oil change on all vehicles for me is always 500-1,000 miles. Then every 3,000 after that. Except my Mustang. It gets 10 quarts of 5W50 Mobil 1 every 1,000 miles. It's not a daily though at more than double the factory HP, and it does see some racing.
Sponsored