When will it be available?

echdal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I know it is being labeled a 2022, but any firm ideas as to when it will be available? I am debating between it and a 2021 Ranger. I need to tow a 6 by 12 foot utility trailer with a load of mulch or dirt occasionally. I think the Maverick would fit my needs if I don’t have to wait until 2022 for it. Thanks for any thoughts or information.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I would guess around July 2021 for a potential reveal with availability beginning late 2021 (December) into Spring 2022 for production ramping.

It is expected to be closely related to Bronco Sport, and there have been some supplier issues with certain options. Some of those owners and people who have custom orders in are seeing some long delays. There are reports of some that ordered July 2020 and have continuously been updated with production into March-May time frames given. Dealer stock seems to be trickling onto dealer lots now.

Seems like the entire industry is seeing some delays whether it be electrical components or other.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it is being labeled a 2022, but any firm ideas as to when it will be available? I am debating between it and a 2021 Ranger. I need to tow a 6 by 12 foot utility trailer with a load of mulch or dirt occasionally. I think the Maverick would fit my needs if I don’t have to wait until 2022 for it. Thanks for any thoughts or information.
Depending on how you feel about the look I’d wait. They are reworking the Ranger to look more aggressive with a much improved front end. The Maverick is slotted for Q4 as mentioned before.

Nikkispots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy colorado
Ford, if your monitoring this.... we, the small truck craving population is happily waiting for this truck. PLEASE push ther production scheduale and get this out in early 4th qtr 2021! Hyundai set the interset in reviving this size back at the 2015 car show-- now it's time for you to make this in the USA and get it out on the roads ASAP

P.S. a 2023 electric/hybred option and a lux interior would probably be too much to hope for but .....

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ford, if your monitoring this.... we, the small truck craving population is happily waiting for this truck. PLEASE push ther production scheduale and get this out in early 4th qtr 2021! Hyundai set the interset in reviving this size back at the 2015 car show-- now it's time for you to make this in the USA and get it out on the roads ASAP

P.S. a 2023 electric/hybred option and a lux interior would probably be too much to hope for but .....
All for a Lariat interior... but hoping Ford doesn’t emasculate it by making a hybrid.. it would be coined the “Prius pickup “ and nobody thinks that would be cool.. 😆

Maybe a future all-electric version like the F-150 would be cool, but hybrids don’t offer the advantages all-electric does in terms of torque, etc.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending on how you feel about the look I’d wait. They are reworking the Ranger to look more aggressive with a much improved front end. The Maverick is slotted for Q4 as mentioned before.
I dont understand why everybody likes these big chunky ugly front ends. I saw spy shots and renders of the new Ranger and it looks atrocious compared to the outgoing model. Thats why I immediately wrote off the Tacoma as an option too. The third gen one looks hideous compared to the second gen one. Even the Maverick looks pretty bulbous and bulldoggish but i think its not off-putting enough to not consider it but id prefer if it was more subdued and less chunky. The current Ranger and Ridgeline look awesome, I never understood why people want these big obstructive front ends.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I dont understand why everybody likes these big chunky ugly front ends. I saw spy shots and renders of the new Ranger and it looks atrocious compared to the outgoing model. Thats why I immediately wrote off the Tacoma as an option too. The third gen one looks hideous compared to the second gen one. Even the Maverick looks pretty bulbous and bulldoggish but i think its not off-putting enough to not consider it but id prefer if it was more subdued and less chunky. The current Ranger and Ridgeline look awesome, I never understood why people want these big obstructive front ends.
I own a 2019 Ridgeline. The front end looks simply bland and pathetic. And the atrocious plastic nose can’t even clear the curb at the front of a parking space. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Took it to the dealer for service this week, and saw the new front end. Better, but still very plastic looking and not like a truck.

I agree, I like the current Ranger, but I like the new one as well. Fits better into Ford’s lineup.
Ford didn’t get to be #1 in trucks by building what ppl don’t want, so I’m good with their judgement.
Sponsored