When will Ford announce the existence/debut of the Maverick?

FutureOwnerInTN

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Now that Hyundai have issued a debut date of April 15th for the Santa Cruz when do you think we can expect word from Ford? I was thinking they would try to be first, but now they will allow Hyundai to debut first. I guess its also a good play to see what they will be up against & will allow them to properly debut against it.

Reactions: Doc

FutureOwnerInTN

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
I do like the Santa Cruz rear bumper. I know I’ve seen it in testing towing a trailer. Wonder how they are mounting the receiver hitch?

B7E56C28-AFAE-487F-B7D5-DED68748D67D.jpeg

ghost1986

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Good god, I love the looks of that Santa Cruz. It does have the exact same flaw as the Maverick though, that belt line is absurdly high looking. I loathe that trend on new cars. Feel like Im in a coffin and i cant comfortably get my arm out the window. My buddy went from a '97 Firebird to a '12 Camaro and it is ludicrously tiny when it comes to the greenhouse you can look out of. I understand its for "sAfEtY" but god I hate how hard it is to see out of new vehicles. They're literally a coffin.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
This is how crazy rumors get started....🤣😂🤣
I heard it's gonna be released tomorrow, built on the ford GT platform, assembled in the USA as a rear wheel drive vehicle, dissasembled in Mexico, shipped to Canada for re-assembly as a fwd, powered by a v8 coyote engine but only have 2 firing cylinders, the rest of the holes will be used for under the hood storage for max cargo capacity, the report also mentioned it will borrow one piece from every ford ever made, and the transmission from a model T, original report is behind a paywall, sorry guys :p

TrkNv

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
I heard it's gonna be released tomorrow, built on the ford GT platform, assembled in the USA as a rear wheel drive vehicle, dissasembled in Mexico, shipped to Canada for re-assembly as a fwd, powered by a v8 coyote engine but only have 2 firing cylinders, the rest of the holes will be used for under the hood storage for max cargo capacity, the report also mentioned it will borrow one piece from every ford ever made, and the transmission from a model T, original report is behind a paywall, sorry guys :p
All at $19,999!