First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT (Also, 2016 Civic)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't even have mine yet, but an option to upgrade the sound system on the XL and XLT would have been great. I could order a sun roof but not a better sound system. That seems strange to me.

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I and many others would have liked a hybrid AWD...
I totally gat that, but hybrids are all about fuel economy, and have a multitude of small engineering features that individually help very little but do add up. Even things like alignment toe-in are tuned for MPG. 4WD has so many extra moving parts and friction losses that it would really hurt those hard-earned MPGs. I totally get how we all want the best of both worlds, but mixing chocolate with vanilla removes the unique benefits of each. I think Ford did this research and concluded that the demand for half-measures like a hybrid or even an Atkinson ICE-powered 4WD would not justify the considerable R&D cost.

OP
OP
Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally gat that, but hybrids are all about fuel economy, and have a multitude of small engineering features that individually help very little but do add up. Even things like alignment toe-in are tuned for MPG. 4WD has so many extra moving parts and friction losses that it would really hurt those hard-earned MPGs. I totally get how we all want the best of both worlds, but mixing chocolate with vanilla removes the unique benefits of each. I think Ford did this research and concluded that the demand for half-measures like a hybrid or even an Atkinson ICE-powered 4WD would not justify the considerable R&D cost.
I disagree if that was so, why do they offer it on the escape? Also please remember the escape also share the same or similar unibody? For these reasons I believe they can offer both hybrid and AWD. If you look around and see other manufacturers offering both as well it's basically a given.

I personally think they were or are waiting for several reasons. I believe we may see it sooner than many think. Unfortunately I don't drive or put enough miles to warrant the difference in price on the 2024 pricing. Thus the reason I opted to order the 2024 EB AWD, Tow, Fx4

That being said I still would like to see it available. Offering a high mpg truck for those who can capitalize on this and still tow or get through snow and their back 40. I also think it would be able to capitalize on market share for Ford and their share holders. It's a great truck for the money but if other manufacturers start entering this market Ford needs to continue offering what buyers want. If not, they and their share holders and their employees lose.

One of the reason why I started the thread. To see and show Ford what they might want to consider to compete and to maintain market share. Unfortunately they also have to stay profitable at the same time keeping the price of the vehicle within reason.

Having issues with getting parts maybe the number one reason they have not offered it. The second reason is they are having difficulty keeping up with the demand as it stands. These issues may also boost sales immediately when they get resolved, as well as long term.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe some ford pass reward points for all the missing items that should have come with a 2023 lariat due to consignment issues

Sponsored

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't even have mine yet, but an option to upgrade the sound system on the XL and XLT would have been great. I could order a sun roof but not a better sound system. That seems strange to me.
What, you don't like sheets of paper connected with yarn as your speaker setup?

For anyone that hasn't heard the base audio setup in the Maverick just go grab a piece of paper and flap it around in the air. There's your bass.

A truly plug-and-play, no cut, audio upgrade is something I am waiting on. The last time I looked there weren't any that didn't require glues and/or splicing.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe some ford pass reward points for all the missing items that should have come with a 2023 lariat due to consignment issues

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Split folding rear bench, PITA having to remove car seat to access storage

Roadrunner11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I and many others would have liked a hybrid AWD. Besides the obvious any other item or items that would not only be convenient but help with safety?

I have 2 well maybe 3 because one actually are 2 in one. I really would have liked to get optional extending exterior mirrors for towing with heating. The lux package offers heated mirrors but can't fathom living with a plastic bed liner for the life of the vehicle, along with no option to get extended mirrors.

2 I also would have liked to order hood insulation that would not weigh much but still help with sound deadening and heat resistant that will not add much additional weight. I don't want to give up carrying capacity, gas mileage and/or make it difficult to open and hold the hood up while placing the rod to hold it up. So engineering needs to come up with a different material then they have used on other vehicles. Then again maybe I'm asking to much.

Anyway just curious on your thoughts.
You know, I don’t know why there shouldn’t be a new thread if the old one is two years old, people can ignore it if they don’t like it, instead of being obnoxious. New owners may wish to chime in. Personally, I’d like a stand alone cold weather pkg, fog lights, better paint colors, and for real wishful thinking, a CD player, lol.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry man, I gotta say it... there is a new thread on this stuff every week and one that is currently 14 pages long. See similar threads below.

Also the second thread you started where people are going to chime in telling you to use the search button or simply browse a bit more. Just trying to be helpful man, it gets old and repetitive seeing a new thread on these discussions from new members over and over.

The glass is always full btw... half gas half liquid (your sig).
To the half full/half empty thing, an engineer might say, 'the glass is too large'.:)

Sponsored

DangerZone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some brighter color options. Maybe a bright orange or green. Maybe a hot weather package: with ventilated seats, something that would keep the paint from fading in the hot sun, and a larger radiator.

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PHEV drivetrain.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Split folding rear bench, PITA having to remove car seat to access storage
I would love a seat delete. Or a forward folding seat where it formed a nice storage bin.

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
An easy drive mode toggle. Something i could easily pop to sport and back to standard without the console buttons awkward reach "next" button

I'd also like to rearrange the mute button to be where the vol down button is

And swap em to the right side like my last two cars had.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may have something there. Why would a company offer additional options to increase sales, when they cannot keep up with the orders todate.
I've watched OEM product planners. Their problem is that they're looking 2 to 4 years into the future, and they have to WAG a lot. I mean they do research, but it's a lot of WAG. They almost always assume that sales will cool down over time - and history shows they are right about that. There is a classic sales curve for new models - and it usually goes down after a few years.

So they do the midcycle refresh to goose sales and keep up with the competition. Because if they don't, the competition will leave them behind. So a major redesign every 6 years or so. A midcycle refresh every 3 years or so.
Sponsored