Sponsored

Would you like the gauges to show the temperature?

Would you like the gauges to show the temperature?

• Total voters

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm happy mine didn't get neutered. While not the end of the world, the set point display is so much better than having to change it to see what it was set to.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine has the numbers on the dial but I use my hand guage. I turn it up all the way until it's warm then turn it down to what I feel with my hand is nice to hold the temp at.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guy in this videos swapped his out, good luck getting ahold of the hvac unit though. And its not quite plug and play but works after some fiddling around....

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's annoying, yes. But truth be told, I'm going to set it to 68 when it arrives and never touch it again. So, I'm not even sure the dials themselves are all that necessary when you can set a specific temperature.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a constraint item that got cut mid-year. My XLT delivered April 2022 has the digital temperature display.
My March 9th build has the numbers on the twist knob. I find it aggravating that the temp shows on the big screen when changing the temp, even though the knob shows the setting. What are these people smoking.

Sponsored

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be happier if the hot/cold dial just had light indicators like the fan speed dial has so you can quickly see the heat/cool level. The actual temp reading I find is more convenient to have up higher on the main monitor.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're comfortable, then it really doesn't matter what temperature is set at. If you're hot or cold, then you will adjust the temp up or down at which time the temp will be displayed to let you know how much you are adjusting it.

Mav2112

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s interesting how much cost cutting they are doing in the console/hvac area. Losing both the temperature read outs and the ambient lighting below the controls in one model year is notable.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s interesting how much cost cutting they are doing in the console/hvac area. Losing both the temperature read outs and the ambient lighting below the controls in one model year is notable.
Exact same thing happened with the Bronco Sport. Temp readouts and ambient light in the cupholders(Outer Banks only) disappeared from '21 to'22 model year.

vuser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can buy the part that does have them and swap them out. The only thing is you will have to reprogram the thing to work correctly.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t the set temperature display on the screen above it as soon as your touch the button?

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t the set temperature display on the screen above it as soon as your touch the button?

Yes John, the cabin temp, fan speed, and audio volume all show on the 8" screen when you adjust those knobs. Even though chip production is getting caught up, Ford will probably leave the temp off the knob as a cost saving measure.

For those of you who are not sure what the temp display on the knob looks like on early production 2022 Mavs, it is on this thumbnail and about 2 minutes into this video. I know LUX can delay a build but there are cold winter mornings most everywhere in the US so I highly recommend getting LUX with the heated features. On the highest setting, the heated seats feel like back therapy. I hope this helps!

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I want to ask a question to see if I'm the only one who has this opinion. Is anyone upset that the temperature gauges don't have the temperature on them and only show the thermometer on them? From all the pictures, and the videos of reviews it seems to be a little touch that is over looked or not noticed but I seem to notice it.

I understand there is still a chip shortage but it seems to be a little luxury thing that would be a nice touch. Especially, if you buy the lariat trim like I did. I find it a little funny that my 98 Lincoln Towncar used to have a temperature read out (Dual Zone too), my 09 Mazda doesn't and a 2023 Maverick doesn't either.

Let me know what you think or what your experience has been with your Maverick
I would like the temps to be a setting that you turn on so the middle can display the selected temps. I don't need the temps all the time but during specific situations yeah.

Transmission temp while towing would be good. Coolant temperature while frequent hill climb and decent. Hybrid battery coolant would be useful during cold weather

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes John, the cabin temp, fan speed, and audio volume all show on the 8" screen when you adjust those knobs. Even though chip production is getting caught up, Ford will probably leave the temp off the knob as a cost saving measure.

For those of you who are not sure what the temp display on the knob looks like on early production 2022 Mavs, it is on this thumbnail and about 2 minutes into this video. I know LUX can delay a build but there are cold winter mornings most everywhere in the US so I highly recommend getting LUX with the heated features. On the highest setting, the heated seats feel like back therapy. I hope this helps!

Mine was really a rhetorical question. I see many people complaining about the HVAC knobs no longer displaying the set temp, but on my '22 XLT Lux any change I make to fan speed or temp is immediately displayed on the 8" screen, so (to me) it really won't matter when I pick up my '23...

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know why they don't do this: people freak out when they see that modern vehicles run at 225 degrees (freedom units).

Wait, are you talking the AC setting? That is not the temperature gauge.
I think people are talking about AC settings in this thread. In this regard, I could care less about a display of temperature in the cab.

But re engine temp (water temp?), i would like to know this. I would like to know when mpg’s in a hybrid increase significantly.

For good mpg’s it appears I think 1) you must be driving in electric mode for (maybe) 40-50% of the time AND 2) the gas engine (water temp?) must be warm enough.

Maybe someone could comment on engine temp and mpg’s in the Mav hybrid.
Sponsored