First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've watched OEM product planners. Their problem is that they're looking 2 to 4 years into the future, and they have to WAG a lot. I mean they do research, but it's a lot of WAG. They almost always assume that sales will cool down over time - and history shows they are right about that. There is a classic sales curve for new models - and it usually goes down after a few years.

So they do the midcycle refresh to goose sales and keep up with the competition. Because if they don't, the competition will leave them behind. So a major redesign every 6 years or so. A midcycle refresh every 3 years or so.
They do a refresh every 3 to 5 years because the continuing stamping with mass production causes tolerance levels to decrease. Even with consistent fixes (millwrights). Try putting a puzzle together when they don't fit. Also engineers constantly trying to save money, lighter to make better MPG etc. also safety features. Many reasons can be the reason for change or refresh. Some models are deleted and others introduced.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Front facing camera! My wife's Escape has one and use it all the time for parking lot spacing.
All wheel drive on a Maverick hybrid that sits high enough where the weeds on the two track don’t scrape the bottom.
A better color selection. Do they really need 5 versions of grey?
Not need to buy a high end model to get the options wanted.
The front facing camera would be nice also. In that vane make the rear camera work better. I can see cars pedestrians are more difficult. Sometimes I get an alert sometimes I don’t.
People in parking lots are hard to see sometimes and I am always looking i would just like some help being I am paying for i.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Front headlights and grill from Bronco Sport.
Removable Hard Top.
2" lift with Ford warranty
Optional audio system that is decent quality for XLT and XL.
Full size spare option to be same size as other 4 tires.

retired242

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
option to order a wiring harness on the XL/ XLT model with all the bells and whistles that would allow DIY to add end components/upgrades without the need to run wiring.
Sponsored