First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My "cheapo" Maverick was almost 2 times the advertised price, once delivered. But I am getting older and want the comforts for a daily driver. I have no complaints really, except the one month the truck was in the shop for a transmission problem. And of course the stranding on the freeway was not pleasant. It is fine now, and the new F-150 the dealer gave me to drive for no charge during the down time made me REALLY appreciate that I got the Maverick! Actually fun to drive and zip around in, with my gas bill half of what I used to spend. Tight little truck, just wish it would default to ECO mode and not have to be reset every time I drive it. A keeper....
Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid XL is in the dealer right now, and I am driving an Ecosport Titanium loaner which costs $7,000 more than my Maverick. The Maverick is a 10x better vehicle than the Ecosport, in fact, I would say that the Ecosport is the worst car ever made in my opinion.

Why? It has a 3 cylinder Turbocharged engine THAT ONLY AVERAGES 23-24mpg with normal driving. You can't use the term "eco" unless the car gets at least 30 combined IMO. It is slow as hell, has a crappy transmission that is extremely laggy and takes almost a whole 2 mississippis to downshift once you floor it. It has a bad turning radius for such a tiny car, the suspension is stiff, but you feel like the car will flip while cornering, leg room is horrible (IN THE FRONT SEATS), back seats are basically unuseable, and the Titanium edition doesn't even have LED Headlights.

If the Mav didn't have all the electrical issues and Ford was able to actually produce them, it would be the #1 car in the USA/Canada probably. The only other options for 20k I would go with would be the Hyundai Sonata SE or a Toyota Corolla LE.
I suppose I should defend the poor EcoSport, I’ve been reluctantly driving on for over a year now while waiting for my Maverick (ordered 11-1-21)! I needed a vehicle as my perfect Mazda CX-3 got totaled and they don’t import them anymore.

Asked the local Ford dealer for the cheapest thing he had, concerned that I would have to own it for 6 months as it is an ‘A’ plan purchase, obviously underestimated how long it would take to get the Mav!

It’s a perfectly acceptable vehicle, good NVH, plenty of room in the front for a 6’2” driver, fit and finish OK, performance OK – put it in ‘Sport’ mode and floor it, turbo comes in a 2500 rpm, it’s quick enough for what it is. All the ‘Sync’ stuff seems to work well, love the keyless touch lock/unlock door handles, I hope the Mav has the same thing.

Bad points, apart from being plum ugly and having the most ridiculous ‘A’ post with the silly little triangular windows, there is very little load space behind the rear seats, no room for a spare wheel but a wheelchair will fit in there. More room if you fold the rear seats but the doggie has dibs on the rear seats. The most disappointing is the gas milage – I’m getting 34 mpg urban, that is 6 mpg better than the EPA rating but still pathetic for a 1.0L three cylinder (with cylinder deactivation!). My last 1L/3 cyl, the Daihatsu Charade, got 50 mpg.

Just hoping my Maverick is as trouble free as the EcoSport.

Helomav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What has happened with mine is after rain and the back doors opened water will run to the front of the door and drip straight down into the car. It almost looks like the weatherstripping is to short, if it was longer, it would channel the water down the inside lip of the door,
I’m one month into being a Maverick owner. Loving my Hybrid Lariat. BUT, with these recent rains, I’ve noticed there is a design flaw with how the rain is channeled. When I open the back door, rain water that collects in the channel definitely releases and falls into the cab

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same problem, bad design on that. If a little wind too, it goes way in. I can live with it. Just noticed on Consumer Reports that the truck is terrible for reliability, but user satisfaction is the highest! With all our problems, we still love them, mostly for me it is the hybrid mpg and ease of driving.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same problem, bad design on that. If a little wind too, it goes way in. I can live with it. Just noticed on Consumer Reports that the truck is terrible for reliability, but user satisfaction is the highest! With all our problems, we still love them, mostly for me it is the hybrid mpg and ease of driving.
Not sure if it really matters but ……..

Ford Maverick What Troubles Me About the Maverick... IMG_0408

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put my Maverick in for Consumer Reports recalls and they said there were NONE. That is not true. The predicted reliability is very low to me, yet they say is better than average? hmmm....
Sponsored