Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based solely on the howling contained in numerous threads, over a span of 8+ months, me thinks Ford should re-design the door pockets beneath the front door handles they touted (loudly and often) as 'revolutionary' and replace 'em with pockets that actually accept a range of containers humans actually use.

Yeah, I know...crazy talk.
Talk from someone that probably like myself doesn’t trust that shallow storage area with anything. nice to look at only
Sponsored

OP
OP
WJOHNM

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2/3 of those would be solved if you bought a Lariat.
And I still would be waiting for my Mav, 8 months 10 days and 4 hours for a XLT LUX,FX4.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fix the rear 'tire throw area' that fills up with road debris (even the tail light). That should be a source of embarrassment, actually.

Offer an optional cage around the CAT.

Fog lights (or more appropriately, auxiliary lights), that are actually 'fog lights. That is, they are independent of the headlights being on. What good is a yellow fog light when the white headlights are lighting up the fog?

Make the SIBL an option by itself. I for one would like to get my SIBL color matched and I don't want to pay twice for it.

Optional watertight and lockable storage doors on the outside of the bed, similar to what some RAM trucks have. Electronic locks please, that unlock with the second press of the fob. How can more storage for gear be a bad thing?

More sound insulation. Maybe only on the higher trim packages to keep the base price low.

Incorporate keyless doorlocks into the B pillar like on the Edge instead making them an aftermarket wart looking thing.

Why, with us spending billions on chip manufacturing, that list should be no problem. . . . . ;)

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And I still would be waiting for my Mav, 8 months 10 days and 4 hours for a XLT LUX,FX4.
Nah, don't you know Ford is discriminating against the poor, lowly XLT Lux and building endless Lariat Luxes?

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL. I had a 94 Ranger for 27 years and 350k+ miles before getting my Mav. It was a 5-speed manual. Even today out of habit I still find myself reaching down to shift gears when I have to stop at an intersection.
I've caught myself doing the same thing a few times. At least my left foot isn't wandering around looking for the clutch!

Comet

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
1. Provide stake ports on the sides of the bed like my old Ranger so that I can add stake sides for hauling firewood - I REALLY miss this
2. Option to get rid of the back seat for a longer bed - now that the kids are gone do not need the back seat. We have a car for more passengers - would like a longer truck bed.
3. The headlight assembly is OVER ENGINEERED - need to be able to just replace a bulb instead of the whole costly assembly (very irritating "feature" of the truck)
4. Agree with previous post about debris filling up the tail light wells (another poor design by fair weather engineers)
I like my Maverick Lariat LUX, but some of this needs to be addressed for future models

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently Ford needs to change the Maverick into a tarted-up SUV. Maybe that's the next family member?
Well there certainly is a certain segment of people buying these as mommy-vans or SUVs that happen to have a truck bed to be used truck like on ocassion las opposed to people buying them to be a real truck. If the market segment is large enough they'll have to make some concessions to the cabin aesthetics instead of being purely utalitarian. This is where the Santa Cruz has a leg up on the Maverick. When I see a Maverick I see it as truck used by someone who gets dirty when they work and a Santa Cruz as a SUV driven by someone who wears a suit and tie to work.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Raise the price. A lot. Until supply balances demand. They can always discount it later. Ford is a business. Not a charity.

I wager heads are rolling at Ford now for underpricing the Maverick and misjudging demand. Pretty sucky business acumen.

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on this particular clip (including the sarcastic bit about not being a teenager), I would have guessed you'd been driving more like 53 years rather than 23. Did you hit the wrong button?
😂

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should they change, and what are they going to change are two totally different animals.

I read that there aren’t any changes between the ‘22 and ‘23 models, but are addressing and fixing the recalled items only.

There was a leaked color chart put out by Ford for the ‘23 models, but that has since been removed.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wanted to see what you guys would change or not happy with on your maverick, maybe Ford is reading these posts.
My 3 biggest gripes are the key, I've had my truck 2 months now 1600 miles and got used to the dummy shifter But still get in the truck and put the seat belt on and realize the keys are in my pocket drives me crazy, come on now how many chips more would it take to make it keyless entry push button start My last 2/3 cars were keyless and it makes life so much easier.
The only other 2 gripes I have is the windows and having to use a cord for my phone, am so used to auto up and down on windows still hitting the switches and waiting for windows to go up or down, that should of been part of the lux package. Guys I have been driving for over 55 years and don't mind the maverick is a basic truck and wanted a 30k vehicle, Maverick fit the bill BUT theres a few things I think would of made a big difference. but why should Ford change anything there sold out and will be till someone comes out with another vehicle like it. Hey don't get me wrong these are minor and I will get used to putting my key in, holding the switches down and plugging my phone in. I love my Maverick.
Bed/Cabin pass through.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like some of you guys might like my 1987 B2000- 5 speed manual, no power steering, crank windows, 7.5 foot bed.
Sponsored