john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wanted to see what you guys would change or not happy with on your maverick, maybe Ford is reading these posts.
My 3 biggest gripes are the key, I've had my truck 2 months now 1600 miles and got used to the dummy shifter But still get in the truck and put the seat belt on and realize the keys are in my pocket drives me crazy, come on now how many chips more would it take to make it keyless entry push button start My last 2/3 cars were keyless and it makes life so much easier.
The only other 2 gripes I have is the windows and having to use a cord for my phone, am so used to auto up and down on windows still hitting the switches and waiting for windows to go up or down, that should of been part of the lux package. Guys I have been driving for over 55 years and don't mind the maverick is a basic truck and wanted a 30k vehicle, Maverick fit the bill BUT theres a few things I think would of made a big difference. but why should Ford change anything there sold out and will be till someone comes out with another vehicle like it. Hey don't get me wrong these are minor and I will get used to putting my key in, holding the switches down and plugging my phone in. I love my Maverick.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not get rid of the useless rotary shifter. If a real shifter is too much money. Put the P-R-N-D-L on the LCD screen. Once keys goes in or you push the start button this selection lights up. Make your choice.

The 8 speed could then have a Manual option with paddle shifters.

This may free up some room on the console area. Plus one less piece of hardware to pay for.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Fix the very low speed excessively sudden brake 'grabbiness' issue.
  • Swap the rotary shifter for a set of hardware buttons on the dashboard.
  • Resize the screen hood to fit the screen or upgrade to a screen that fills it completely.
  • Upgrade the Sync 3 system to a Sync 4/4A system, or the upcoming Google Automotive Services platform that Ford has already committed to use.. eventually, but in who knows what vehicles. Basically Android Auto but built-in, more or less.
  • Offer options with less restrictions on the trim level. For example, it should be possible to option cruise control onto an XL, or adaptive cruise onto an XL.
  • Offer the hybrid with an AWD option.
  • Offer more than 400 watts of AC power. The hybrid DC to DC inverter, if it is 150 amps, as I've read (but not confirmed) can supply at least 1 kW continuous. ProPower Onboard 1 kW?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 3 biggest gripes are the key, I've had my truck 2 months now 1600 miles and got used to the dummy shifter But still get in the truck and put the seat belt on and realize the keys are in my pocket drives me crazy, come on now how many chips more would it take to make it keyless entry push button start My last 2/3 cars were keyless and it makes life so much easier.
The only other 2 gripes I have is the windows and having to use a cord for my phone, am so used to auto up and down on windows still hitting the switches and waiting for windows to go up or down, that should of been part of the lux package
2/3 of those would be solved if you bought a Lariat.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have been driving for 23 years and wouldnt buy it without a key, wish to god it had hand crank windows and only have to charge the battery in my phone every few days, since im not a teenager. I just have one of those talky type phones with the buttons.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
only have to charge the battery in my phone every few days, since im not a teenager. I just have one of those talky type phones with the buttons.
Based on this particular clip (including the sarcastic bit about not being a teenager), I would have guessed you'd been driving more like 53 years rather than 23. Did you hit the wrong button?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More colors ! Keep velocity blue.
Normal gear shift
Make the video screen an option to bring down cost
Offer a one and a half door option with longer bed or pass through bed
Make the standard hubcaps full size

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While jacking up the prices, fix the previous year issues the correct way and not the ford tough stated way the first time.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why not get rid of the useless rotary shifter. If a real shifter is too much money. Put the P-R-N-D-L on the LCD screen. Once keys goes in or you push the start button this selection lights up. Make your choice.

The 8 speed could then have a Manual option with paddle shifters.

This may free up some room on the console area. Plus one less piece of hardware to pay for.
The rotary shifter knob IS a "real" shifter. It's just different. I would probably prefer the lever shifter but I'll get used to it.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rotary shifter knob IS a "real" shifter. It's just different. I would probably prefer the lever shifter but I'll get used to it.
Really?.... all it does is make a micro connection so the computer can shift into the gear you desire.

I guess being brought up on manuals one gets use to a real shifter.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really?.... all it does is make a micro connection so the computer can shift into the gear you desire.

LOL. I had a 94 Ranger for 27 years and 350k+ miles before getting my Mav. It was a 5-speed manual. Even today out of habit I still find myself reaching down to shift gears when I have to stop at an intersection.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1. 5 foot, rather than 4.5" foot bed, that's just about the only thing I could see that would realistically make the truck functionally better.
  2. Smart key for all, but base XL. If not possible (cost), at least make the switch blade key better.
  3. Bigger, auto dimming rear view mirror as an option

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was brought up on manuals (learned over 50 years ago) and my other two vehicles are manual. But, we are "flying by wire" now and that's that. With the eCVT there are no more increments (gears) and any throwbacks to the past are just temporary. Face it, we are dinosaurs.
Sponsored