Sponsored

What 'severyone getting for MPG with the ecoboost?

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like the ecoboost engine shines on the highway and is meh for city mpg. I recently made a 3 hour highway trip from Jacksonville to Douglas, GA to pick up a cargo trailer. I would say I averaged mostly 65-70 mph and I had a similar experience as you. My mpg for the trip was 34-35 mpg.

However, when I am driving my daily commute with multiple red lights and never going faster than 45 mph I get about 24 mpg.
Yup 24 that's me too. Lots lights never over 45ish
Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've gotten as good as 32 mpg with my XLT 4k. That was in eco and the cruise control set to 77. I have found 77-78 is thr top speed before the mpgs go down quickly. Also the speed limit was 75, so I wasn't spending... excessively. That being said on my daily commutes and errands associated with work I average 24ish. Also, I am currently at 13k miles in mine

Last edited:

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "instant MPG" isn't the best indicator for overall FE. Check your average over the course of each fill-up, and hand calculate to verify.
Mine just hit 7k miles I haven’t reset FE gauge since the beginning I am getting 32 mpg mix of hwy and city….love my little truck

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is everyone getting for MPG with the ecoboost? Mine averages between 35 and 38 MPG! That's way above the 30 MPG the EPA claimed not complaining just want to know if this is about what everyone else is getting. Mine is a 2.0 Lariat FWD no mods yet!!!
20220503_101409.jpg
Just discovered this thread. From scanning through some comments… some people are reading way too far into your post lol tough crowd. Lol i get 33 mpg in eco mode (tested over 2k miles roughly) and 30 mpg in normal mode (tested the remaining… 6k miles roughly). 4k awd. So i can totally see fwd getting a cool 37 in easy highway centric driving conditions. Thats great! In canada we didn’t have the option for eco + fwd lol but i’m happy for you.

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did a trip approx 200 miles in Aug and got 31 mpg. Two months later... same trip, I got 35mpg. I have an XLT FWD. Both trips I drove between 75 and 80. I have right at 12000 miles on my truck. I love this little truck.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine just hit 7k miles I haven’t reset FE gauge since the beginning I am getting 32 mpg mix of hwy and city….love my little truck
Awesome! If you reset it now you’d probably see a little jump over the next 7k miles. I find new cars always get a little milage bump after a 2-3k break in period

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm 1400 miles in and I'm getting 23.5 city and 26-ish highway. Not particularly impressed.

Granted, our speed limit is 80 and since the XL doesn't have cruise it's tough to keep it under 90.

I've been driving conservatively, usually in ECO mode with auto start/stop.

After reading many of the comments I'm thinking that those getting mid-to-high 30's and beyond do a lot of driving in the 35-45 MPH range. I can definitely see the mileage climb when I'm driving that speed.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am fortunate to own two Mavericks. Both are the same, 2WD XLTs with the luxury package. Even the color is the same. The only difference is one is an EcoBoost and the other is a Hybrid. I live on the rural coastal plain of East Virginia, no hills and no interstates. No city driving and 55 MPH speed limit, which is strictly enforced.

Over 4,283 miles the EB has averaged 32.0 MPG. The hybrid has averaged 40.3 MPG over 1,100 miles.

Why do I have two Mavericks? Because I waited 11 months for the Hybrid I ordered, and my old pickup trucks had required over $4,100 in repairs during that time. Ford didn't produce many Hybrids, and when I found an EcoBoost on a dealer's lot I was willing to pay the ADM for it. Then after nearly 14 months, the Hybrid finally arrived in all her glory in October.

Ford Maverick What 'severyone getting for MPG with the ecoboost? WhiteFords_20221007
Ford Maverick What 'severyone getting for MPG with the ecoboost? WhiteFords_20221007

Sponsored

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am fortunate to own two Mavericks. Both are the same, 2WD XLTs with the luxury package. Even the color is the same. The only difference is one is an EcoBoost and the other is a Hybrid. I live on the rural coastal plain of East Virginia, no hills and no interstates. No city driving and 55 MPH speed limit, which is strictly enforced.

Over 4,283 miles the EB has averaged 32.0 MPG. The hybrid has averaged 40.3 MPG over 1,100 miles.

Why do I have two Mavericks? Because I waited 11 months for the Hybrid I ordered, and my old pickup trucks had required over $4,100 in repairs during that time. Ford didn't produce many Hybrids, and when I found an EcoBoost on a dealer's lot I was willing to pay the ADM for it. Then after nearly 14 months, the Hybrid finally arrived in all her glory in October.

WhiteFords_20221007.jpg
WhiteFords_20221007.jpg
Nice looking family you got there!

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

towing or fx4 package? Is it mostly highway? What average speed?
There is something skewing your results.
OP said FWD Lariat. So no 4k towing... no FX4 sticker noted on truck either. So stock. He mentions driving 55mph to work for 20 miles.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MPG: Lariat 2..0L EB, FWD, 550 miles on the clock. Tire pressure checked and at 35 psi. Mix of 80% suburban freeway at around 65 mph and 20% city, the onboard display reads 31.2 mpg. I use the stop/start feature and drive with a light foot. I added 91 premium fuel when the original tank was half full, diluting the tank of 87 regular the selling dealer filled it with. Can't tell any difference in performance with half tank of premium. I'll probably run 87 octane all the time unless I tow.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

WhiteFords_20221007.jpg
WhiteFords_20221007.jpg

wassup with that Mustang though? Details?

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like the ecoboost engine shines on the highway and is meh for city mpg. I recently made a 3 hour highway trip from Jacksonville to Douglas, GA to pick up a cargo trailer. I would say I averaged mostly 65-70 mph and I had a similar experience as you. My mpg for the trip was 34-35 mpg.

However, when I am driving my daily commute with multiple red lights and never going faster than 45 mph I get about 24 mpg.
Absolutely true
Sponsored