First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have gone up $3.00 in price since last month when I ordered 3. My m/c riding buddy, a Firemen, recommended these. Amazon 5 Star. FYI, his advice, if you ever see an engine fire (where they usually are) don't raise the hood, just crack it and spray thru the crack. the closed hood helps smother the fire....raising the hood just fans air to the fire making it worse.

All of these small canister fire extinguishers are for putting out a small fire before it gets big, like a small engine fire, not intended for putting out a house in blazes fire. Single use, and only spray contents for 60 seconds or so, but lifesavers for an emergency small fire.

Fire Extinguisher 3 Pack with Bracket Ougist 620ml Fire Extinguishers for the House/Car/Kitchen/Small Fire Extinguisher, which can prevent re-ignition.… - - Amazon.com

Last edited:

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I put the rear seat headrests, wrapped in cardboard back there.
That is a good idea if you very rarely have backseat passengers. Much easier to pull the seatback forward without the headrests hitting the back of the front seats.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a good idea if you very rarely have backseat passengers. Much easier to pull the seatback forward without the headrests hitting the back of the front seats.
Yes, I rarely have back seat passengers, and the headrests interfere with back window visibility. I can always slide them back in if needed.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a windshield sunscreen because the tropical sun is no joke lol, a hoodie because I always forget to carry an extra layer for the cold of the night, and a single bike tailgate pad in case of extreme cycling emergencies :)

Sponsored

Jrplaw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have bought many of those sets as a first time tool kit for many 11 to 14 year old boys here in Alamos Sonora. When I'm crossing the border into Mexico, I stop in Harbour Freight in Nogales (the US side) and I grab 5 or 6 of them and ask the manager if I can get a deal on them as I intend to gift them in Alamos. Normally, they will price them at $39 a piece for me. I'm due to do it again soon. I place all 5 or 6 of them behind or under my seat becuase I don't want tools visible.

Home Depot used to sell a better Husky Set for $89 that could be found on sale for $59 on occasion. They fit nicely behind a seat too... I brought about 4 of those down as gifts once too, but alas it's no longer available.
They're on sale for $29.99 this weekend. I have one set myself and it's very useful.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...kq8Dy-7OWwJoaGxGNOlPQhKEIMJTYleQaAggZEALw_wcB

Jrplaw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been looking to make use of the available space behind the rear seat. Just today, I attached an elastic cargo net to the back wall of my Maverick. I purchased the net from Amazon. It was advertised as 31” x 15”. I stretched it out to about 36” between the two upper attachment points. These are screwed to the back wall. The lower corner attachments are attached with double sided tape only. As is, the net does not interfere with the seat latching mechanism or the three upper child restraint anchor points. Most of everything I keep in the truck’s cabin is stored either in the two rigid Molle seat back organizers or under the rear seat. For now, the net holds only a rolled picnic blanket and my ice/snow brush. To start, I’ll add a hooded sweatshirt and light rain jacket. Also, my day pack with water bladder is D-ringed to one of the child restraint anchor points.

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0992.jpeg
I just bought the same mesh netting for storage behind my back seat.

Where did you get that USB port? Thanks in advance

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been looking to make use of the available space behind the rear seat. Just today, I attached an elastic cargo net to the back wall of my Maverick. I purchased the net from Amazon. It was advertised as 31” x 15”. I stretched it out to about 36” between the two upper attachment points. These are screwed to the back wall. The lower corner attachments are attached with double sided tape only. As is, the net does not interfere with the seat latching mechanism or the three upper child restraint anchor points. Most of everything I keep in the truck’s cabin is stored either in the two rigid Molle seat back organizers or under the rear seat. For now, the net holds only a rolled picnic blanket and my ice/snow brush. To start, I’ll add a hooded sweatshirt and light rain jacket. Also, my day pack with water bladder is D-ringed to one of the child restraint anchor points.

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0992.jpeg
You have a link to the net and the black knobs you used?

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought the same mesh netting for storage behind my back seat.

Where did you get that USB port? Thanks in advance
The four port USB hub I have on the center console under the HVAC controls and the seven port velcroed to the rear of the center console were both obtained through Ebay for less than $10 each. Up front, the hub permits the driver and passenger to charge devices at the same time. The front footwell lights and additional ambient lighting also draw power from the hub. When I’m transporting the young ones, grand children and great grandchildren, it is common that they immediately plug in to the rear hub at the same time to charge phones and/or pads. The rear LED footwell lights and the rearward facing dash cam use the rear hub for power. The kids enjoy using the remote for the LEDs to change colors and the lights’ mode at night.

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? C3773F73-2994-4654-BF8F-6E6B1B349100
Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? FF4A4DB6-6D55-464F-937A-70FA24454EC0

Last edited:

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mounted a 1500 watt inverter behind the back seat. I think the bracket behind there is for the upgraded sound system I don't have, but it's a perfect location for my inverter. Very short run for the cables to the 12 volt battery under the seat.

inverter.jpg
How did you wire it up. I hate to ask but can I get a few Pics of that. Where did you get the inverter. I want to copy this to the T. Did you run a outlet to the Bed??

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They're on sale for $29.99 this weekend. I have one set myself and it's very useful.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...kq8Dy-7OWwJoaGxGNOlPQhKEIMJTYleQaAggZEALw_wcB
This is one of the best "what did you get for your mav" threads in a while. The only thing I have behind my back seat is a couple of reusable grocery bags because I'm really, really boring.

That kit is pretty nice. I made an ammo can took kit (which stays in the bed) that ended up costing about 3 times what they are getting for that kit.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess hanging stuff up must be the key to utilizing that space. I tried to put an air rifle in a thin, padded case back there and it wouldn't fit. Nothing seems to.

By the way, for those having trouble getting the seat back to latch back in place... I could NOT get mine to latch during the cold weather. I think it depends on a piece of rubber or polymer to tension the latch. I found the simplest way to get it latched was to sit in the seat and lean back normally. This worked when no amount of slamming and forcing it would work.
Sponsored