First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading the "What's in your dash cubby hole?" post. I got to wondering about what people are keeping in the space behind the back seat. This is not the under seat storage, this is the area you fold the back seat forward to get to. The factory jack is here and if you have the option the sub is hear too. But there is space for other items.

Right now I just have the factory jack. But I may add some other emergency items.
In my 22 Mav XLT i had my camping chair(later relocated) along with my poop tent, and some rope. My 23 Tremor has the power rear window and subwoofer so I lost that space.
Sponsored

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You solved a problem I have and I haven't even got my truck yet. I was hoping there was something back there to mount my inverter to. Thanks. Have you tested it to 1500w yet?
I have tested it with my 1500 W heat gun for a short time and it worked just fine. Probably won't be using the full 1500 rating but nice to know it will handle it. Plan to use it to keep a refrigerator running while I'm pulling my home made camper. Or anytime I need power on the go.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good news. Thanks. I have a 1000w PSW inverter. That bracket you used looks like a perfect place to mount it. I'm going to wire the output to an outlet in the driver side cubby.

I still haven't seen a definitive answer as to what the output current is for the DC to DC converter but I am hoping it will handle 1000w. Like you, I don't have plans to run it at max.

Last edited:

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you wire it up. I hate to ask but can I get a few Pics of that. Where did you get the inverter. I want to copy this to the T. Did you run a outlet to the Bed??
I bought this one on Amazon. Fits perfectly on the bracket behind the rear seat with some 2 inch velcro and heavy zip ties. I ran the DC cables under the seat and directly to the battery. I had made some heavier cables than the ones that come with the inverter to reduce as much DC resistance loss as possible. But the cables that come with it would work fine. I haven't run an outlet to the back of the truck yet but I intend to run a short extension cord to the hitch area then plug the cord from my camper there to keep the fridge running while towing.

Wagan EL3722 1500W Slim Line

Sponsored

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good news. Thanks. I have a 1000w PSW inverter. That bracket you used looks like a perfect place to mount it. I'm going to wire the output to an outlet in the driver side cubby.

I still haven't seen a definitive answer as to what the output current is for the DC to DC converter but I am hoping it will handle 1000w. Like you, I don't have plans to run it at max.
I've seen the factory schematics showing a 300 amp fuse on the charging output of the DC to DC converter. That's very robust so I don't see any problem running a 1000 W inverter. With inverter losses and all I don't believe it will pull anywhere near the max. Volts x Amps = Watts, so 12 VDC x 83 Amps = 1000 Watts output (not counting for converter losses) So if you have ignition on and all accessories off, lights, AC, HEAT, wipers, etc. there's plenty of power to run the inverter. Your pure sine wave inverter of course is more effecient than my modified sine wave, but they both get the job done.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen the factory schematics showing a 300 amp fuse on the charging output of the DC to DC converter. That's very robust so I don't see any problem running a 1000 W inverter. With inverter losses and all I don't believe it will pull anywhere near the max. Volts x Amps = Watts, so 12 VDC x 83 Amps = 1000 Watts output (not counting for converter losses) So if you have ignition on and all accessories off, lights, AC, HEAT, wipers, etc. there's plenty of power to run the inverter. Your pure sine wave inverter of course is more effecient than my modified sine wave, but they both get the job done.
Thanks. That is the kind of news we have been looking for.
I have seen other hybrids reporting a 100A fusable link on the DC-DC converter output.
A 300A fuse gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that my setup will work and be safe.
I am planning a 100A fuse between the battery and my inverter.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, that's where I found the 300A fuse on the charging circuit. I wouldn't recommend putting a 1500W continuous load on an inverter, but for light loads with some surge current to get going like a mini fridge should be fine. The 400W factory inverter is very limited by the tiny 12V wiring and 15A fuse.

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? www.fleet.ford.com_content_dam_aem_fleet_en_us_fleet_resources_2022-2023_Maverick_Hybrid_Modif

Last edited:
Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, that's where I found the 300A fuse on the charging circuit. I wouldn't recommend putting a 1500W continuous load on an inverter, but for light loads with some surge current to get going like a mini fridge should be fine. The 400W factory inverter is very limited by the tiny 12V wiring and 15A fuse.

View attachment 95007

www.fleet.ford.com_content_dam_aem_fleet_en_us_fleet_resources_2022-2023_Maverick_Hybrid_Modif...png
Fresh eyes are great. I had the document I needed in hand and didn't know it.
I had reviewed the Modifiers Guide various times as late as today and just passed over this page thinking that it was just for the high voltage side.

Thanks.

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wynex brand Molle system stuff from Amazon. Got full size binoculars there, first aid kit, small tarp shelter, tent ropes & stakes, para-cord, hatchet etc. I have "go" bags under the seat with stove, emergency food and stuff.

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? 20230317_140436

Jrplaw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been looking to make use of the available space behind the rear seat. Just today, I attached an elastic cargo net to the back wall of my Maverick. I purchased the net from Amazon. It was advertised as 31” x 15”. I stretched it out to about 36” between the two upper attachment points. These are screwed to the back wall. The lower corner attachments are attached with double sided tape only. As is, the net does not interfere with the seat latching mechanism or the three upper child restraint anchor points. Most of everything I keep in the truck’s cabin is stored either in the two rigid Molle seat back organizers or under the rear seat. For now, the net holds only a rolled picnic blanket and my ice/snow brush. To start, I’ll add a hooded sweatshirt and light rain jacket. Also, my day pack with water bladder is D-ringed to one of the child restraint anchor points.

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0992.jpeg
I picked up my ford maverick yesterday. A hybrid at $26k. Great value IMHO. I bought the same net to put behind the back seat, but noticed that it doesn't have the black brackets you put the netting loops on. Did you add those in or was it already installed? Thank you in advance

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? 20230323_152915

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i Installed the anchors. The net I purchased on Amazon came with four of the plastic knob anchors. Although they have double-sided tape. the tape is insufficient to hold any weight. I mounted the two upper anchors with sheet metal screws.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does any one know the screw thread size in the sound system bracket behind the rear seat, passenger side?
Sponsored