What color is your Maverick?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
White is the only color.

Easiest to maintain and keep looking clean
White looks filthy just from water spots after a light rain! White is the easiest to find the dirt and remove it, but you'll see every fleck or mud, until you clean it. The only color worse than white, for keeping dirt from showing etc, might be black. Keeping gloss black looking sharp is a part time job.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about some old school two tones using white as a base? Wrap comes 12” and 24” wide. These are based on those two sizes plus some 1” or 2” pin striping tape.
BBF30C16-2729-4662-AF3E-E18898C27C1E.jpeg
1F470FB1-6E90-4BB9-AA1A-5B4C58D92FD2.jpeg
F5EF73D6-5FFB-41D8-BABD-89A8FE2A49F4.jpeg
626FC1E7-F647-4FC5-98A0-D0E6D06FCF31.jpeg
BBF30C16-2729-4662-AF3E-E18898C27C1E.jpeg
1F470FB1-6E90-4BB9-AA1A-5B4C58D92FD2.jpeg
F5EF73D6-5FFB-41D8-BABD-89A8FE2A49F4.jpeg
626FC1E7-F647-4FC5-98A0-D0E6D06FCF31.jpeg
Wow, actually, I really like that red on white. If colors outside the greyscale are not allowed in the base trim, I would seriously consider getting white just to have it wrapped that way.

Reactions: Doc

Mike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Not true. White doesn’t show water marks and needs be washed the least.

Theres a few reasons most work vehicles are white. One is ease of maint. I can go a month without washing my fleet and they still look presentable.

mud not a big factor for our use which pushes white to the top.

https://autocarehq.com/easiest-and-hardest-car-colors-to-keep-clean/

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Not true. White doesn’t show water marks and needs be washed the least.

Theres a few reasons most work vehicles are white. One is ease of maint. I can go a month without washing my fleet and they still look presentable.

mud not a big factor for our use which pushes white to the top.

https://autocarehq.com/easiest-and-hardest-car-colors-to-keep-clean/
Agree, I have a one mile dirt road to get to the main hiway, white shows the dirt least, one trip down the road in my old black Kia, it had to be rinsed with the hose...plus I live in Fla and white keeps the vehicle much cooler ..

Last edited:

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
Either Kodiak Brown or Alto Blue. I'd need to see them on the Maverick before I decided with certainty.

STDriver03

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Sport Trac
Unless you special order I have usually found you wind up with the color of whatever happens to be the best package and deal available on the dealer's lot the day you buy. Often that leaves you with only a couple of choices...especially if the dealer doesn't have a large inventory.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you special order I have usually found you wind up with the color of whatever happens to be the best package and deal available on the dealer's lot the day you buy. Often that leaves you with only a couple of choices...especially if the dealer doesn't have a large inventory.
If you make a point of wanting only a specific color, a good dealership will find one within reasonable driving distance, and trade one of theirs for the one you want from another dealer, then sell you that one.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
If you make a point of wanting only a specific color, a good dealership will find one within reasonable driving distance, and trade one of theirs for the one you want from another dealer, then sell you that one.
Yeah, dealer trades are a very common occurrence. Not once has the dealer I'm working with had the vehicle I wanted/eventually purchased on their lot.

STDriver03

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Sport Trac
Yeah, dealer trades are a very common occurrence. Not once has the dealer I'm working with had the vehicle I wanted/eventually purchased on their lot.
I will remember that should I be fortunate enough to be purchasing a Maverick one day. :) I would expect that when first available, Maverick prices won't be very negotiable and supply will be limited. The Ranger has been out for quite a while now and I still feel they are running higher than what I feel is a "good deal."

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
White cars are not great in the Great White North as people don't see them in winter.

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
I had a buddy in high school who had a Maverick about this color:
1618001565695.png

Personally I think if they are going to bring back the name, they need to bring back the same color pallet. Seems to me that would look nice on a little trucklette.
My first car was a Ford Torino that color.