Sponsored

What do you say to family, friends & co-workers that see you as a complete moron for putting up with this maverick debacle?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do understand that Ford does not manufacture every single component in the truck, right? What would you suggest they do if there are supply chain issues with 3rd party vendors? In the worst part of the pandemic I had more than one client car disabled for nearly a year waiting for parts. Everyone wants to blame someone.
That's because our country has learned that from it's leaders.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have to say I admire your optimism. I. like many others here, will continue to wait in our varying degrees of patience hoping it is you who is right and not me. Trust me when I say I will get zero personal satisfaction about being right in this matter.
Oh it's not optimism, it's some kind of weird pragmatism I guess. Thru this waiting, reading all these posts, we all try to figure out what Ford is doing and the reasons why. Because they did this, maybe that will happen, because they didn't say this maybe this won't happen.
Oh, I didn't get my excitedly awaited 45 day email telling me nothing so maybe that means I'm going to get scheduled quick!
I don't think we can assign reasons to their actions and inactions. They have been so silent and obtuse about this that we feel we have to get these glimmers of reason from their actions. I conclude there is no reasons - I don't think they are purposely being incompetent nor do I think they are sly and producing the money makers first. I don't think you can give them that much. When they say We have no plans to do that at this time - that's all it means.

Ford is/has become a faceless corporation with no ulterior motives - or good directing. Stuff just happens.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would respond in agreement with more words. But Ive been banned twice for political talk. Both times were complete bullshit. But, here we are.
Yes, "he" a bum. Look at your comments, though. You're trying to equate waiting for Maverick to waiting on a Porsche Turbo S :LOL: Then in same breath you're saying it's not helpful. Perhaps being banned is more about not staying on topic.

As for the OP and everyone else. My MTC obsession started AFTER delivery. Beyond my order date being my MTC join date, I was not glued to MTC. 8 MTC posts in 443 days waiting with 8 months of zero posts. Gotta live in the moment to be living.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, "he" a bum. Look at your comments, though. You're trying to equate waiting for Maverick to waiting on a Porsche Turbo S :LOL: Then in same breath you're saying it's not helpful. Perhaps being banned is more about not staying on topic.

As for the OP and everyone else. My MTC obsession started AFTER delivery. Beyond my order date being my MTC join date, I was not glued to MTC. 8 MTC posts in 443 days waiting with 8 months of zero posts. Gotta live in the moment to be living.
Wut? He is complaining about waiting for a $30k truck and how terrible Ford is. I offered a comparison that if you ordered a $200K Turbo S you would be in the same boat. Could Ford do things better? Without question. But supply chain is not a "Ford" issue. It is affecting many companies across many products. And no, I was specifically banned for political talk.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wut? He is complaining about waiting for a $30k truck and how terrible Ford is. I offered a comparison that if you ordered a $200K Turbo S you would be in the same boat. Could Ford do things better? Without question. But supply chain is not a "Ford" issue. It is affecting many companies across many products. And no, I was specifically banned for political talk.
Right, so your comparison to Porsche is non-sensical. How 'bout the Maverick wait vs a Rav4 or special order Forester? I almost ordered a Base Forester and the quote was 90 days to build and deliver. I'd call that the "same boat" and not a Porsche.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right, so your comparison to Porsche is non-sensical. How 'bout the Maverick wait vs a Rav4 or special order Forester? I almost ordered a Base Forester and the quote was 90 days to build and deliver. I'd call that the "same boat" and not a Porsche.
It isn't at all nonsensical. Not all cars have constraints. We know that. This is hardly breaking news.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It isn't at all nonsensical. Not all cars have constraints. We know that. This is hardly breaking news.
The word comparison means something that is comparable. Mav and Porsche are the opposite of comps. But the RAV4 IS a Mav comp. How do you know there are no constraints to these comparable vehicles? I've heard Rav4 Prime has a 2 year wait. Maybe the Mav wait isn't so bad after all when compared to an actual comp.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The word comparison means something that is comparable. Mav and Porsche are the opposite of comps. But the RAV4 IS a Mav comp. How do you know there are no constraints to these comparable vehicles? I've heard Rav4 Prime has a 2 year wait. Maybe the Mav wait isn't so bad after all when compared to an actual comp.
My ONLY point was this is not a FORD problem. It is a 3rd party supplier problem more than anything. The fact that you can get a Subaru means nothing. The fact that a Rav Prime is long lead time mostly means nothing, but is at least another example that supply issues are affecting more than just Ford.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Highly doubt you got it for $19,000 after paying the mandatory Shipping/Delivery Fee. Then there could be taxes. It's a Pipe dream.
😂 You can keep it in your pipe dream. I have no reason to share doubters tricks how to get good deals in life.

Sponsored

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The difference between a Dream and an outright lie, none to you. Not jealous at all. You can keep your delusions.

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm lucky my family knows I'm nuts. I first heard about the Ford Maverick before you could order one in 2021. But decided to wait for consumer reports to get one. So I missed out on getting a hybrid the first year because it took so long for consumer reports to get one to evaluate. I also did not really want the first year of a new car. I lived sharing a car with a family member for a year. I work from home. Then when that family member bought their own car I got my crappy old car back. And I am still driving my 15.5-year-old honda fit. AC kind of sucks and the shocks are so not great. But I still waited. And Not one family member said what the heck are you waiting for. I ordered it in Sept 2022 and it will arrive in California in early June. I know my sister is ready for me to stop talking about it and to stop watching the Ford video guy videos. But no one family member asked why I was still waiting. It's all about preparing your family for your insanity beforehand, ;-)

brickmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 MU 91 240
Engine
Undecided
.... and then you give up and buy something else. But just after you sign the paperwork, you find out you can't take that home either because a two-year-old recall was not actually fixed properly and the vehicle might be missing a safety feature the vehicle you just traded in didn't possess. Two months later, the Maverick you gave up on is now impending its build while the vehicle you bought because you couldn't wait on the the Maverick anymore still does not have a tentatively scheduled fix date by Ford and is still parked at your dealership with them rightly telling you they haven't a clue when it will be fixed.
Not hearing any stories remotely like this about any other brand. What's amazing is that this level of incompetence doesn't crash the whole business, just empowers dealers to gouge deeper.

Reactions: GRB

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Every time I have this conversation with someone, they have equal/better horror stories of them or other friends waiting as long as I have or longer. The world of auto-buying changed. I don't know if it'll ever go back to "normal." As for why anyone would put up with it...at least for me, the Mav checks boxes no one else does. If I hadn't gotten scheduled, I had a Plan B in place, but it would just NOT have been what I both wanted and needed. Until some other manufacturer makes a cheap hybrid, small truck, this is the only game in town for some of us.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time I have this conversation with someone, they have equal/better horror stories of them or other friends waiting as long as I have or longer. The world of auto-buying changed. I don't know if it'll ever go back to "normal." As for why anyone would put up with it...at least for me, the Mav checks boxes no one else does. If I hadn't gotten scheduled, I had a Plan B in place, but it would just NOT have been what I both wanted and needed. Until some other manufacturer makes a cheap hybrid, small truck, this is the only game in town for some of us.
Well said and exactly why people wait, all the checked boxes. Now we are looking at another car that checks the boxes and it's the new Corolla Cross Hybrid. We can already tell this is likely going to be a long ride as well. Hoping for better though.
Sponsored