Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how much was your CX-5 compared to the Lariat?
It was about $500 cheaper MSRP compared to the Lariat with all the major options. I was able to get the CX-5 for $500 below dealers invoice 2 years ago (bought it new).

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No rubber floor like the Bronco or even a vinyl floor option. Wish it had a truck bed like the Ridgeline.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
No rubber floor like the Bronco or even a vinyl floor option. Wish it had a truck bed like the Ridgeline.
I agree with you regarding the bed, the composite box is great. I had one on my Tacoma and at 110K, it looked like new. I also feel it helped with dampening road noise in the rear.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
This is going to be a great pickup with a fantastic price point for Ford. I ordered my XLT with all the options I want at $26K. Can't wait!!

Sponsored

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Keep the options down, Keeps the price down, Thats been the idea behind this project from the begining. Go spend $10 to $20k more for a Bronco or a Ridgeline.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish things could be backed off to cut costs. I'd be just fine with crank windows, (especially for the rear seats), a rubberized floor, manual seat control and manual outside mirrors. One those things are set how often do you need to adjust them? With AC, I rarely roll down the windows. I also really hate expensive "packages" that add a bunch of overpriced stuff just so you can get the one thing you do want. And making you upgrade to get a color you'd like? (Example - no red in the XL package and charging extra for it on the XLT?) Stuff like this is annoying.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lack of 60/40 flip up rear seat. One- piece rear seat is indefensible.
Absolutely. How is it my '03 Explorer Sport Trac has things like that and here almost 20 years later this lacks some of the nice things it has?

Sponsored

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
No cruise control on the xl.

I was ready to order an awd xl with just a hitch and a bed mat.
I use cruise control every time I'm on the highway though so I had to bump to the xlt for that. By the time I'm spending that money I decided I might as well get all the little amenities by adding the lux pkg and once I got that I might as well pay for my favorite color option. Went in planning on a $23k truck and cruise control lead to $30k šŸ˜…

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
Getting into the fancier things that I wish were available upgrades: I sure do miss my sport trac's heated windshield and roll down rear window. These tiny rear window openings hardly seem useful after having that something like 3' wide one on the sport trac

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish things could be backed off to cut costs. I'd be just fine with crank windows, (especially for the rear seats), a rubberized floor, manual seat control and manual outside mirrors. One those things are set how often do you need to adjust them? With AC, I rarely roll down the windows. I also really hate expensive "packages" that add a bunch of overpriced stuff just so you can get the one thing you do want. And making you upgrade to get a color you'd like? (Example - no red in the XL package and charging extra for it on the XLT?) Stuff like this is annoying.
Base XL has manual seats adjust and manual window adjust

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Sorry if off topic. I totally get that. I feel like no one really thought about keyfob design except Volvo, with the buttons on the side so you donā€™t accidentally press them.
I will say though, I used to accidentally press the buttons on my Ford Escape all the time (rubbery buttons), but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve done it once on my Lexus. It has a smooth, thinner key fob with plastic buttons so they donā€™t get caught and arenā€™t raised from the fob itself. But with intelligent access, I never take them out of my purse or pocket anyway (except to lock the car) so I donā€™t worry about it too much.
2A597E2E-1B96-4510-8AFD-6894300DDEF7.jpeg
I never had a problem on my Ranger Lariatā€¦ and I didnā€™t need to get them out to lock itā€¦ just walk away and it locks itself. šŸ’šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I am looking at purchasing a pickup for the first time. This will replace one of my compact SUV. I just wish the Lariat trim a heads up display, rear A/C vents, A/C front seats and key proximity. I have these features on my 2019 Mazda CX-5.
With the Lariat you can get rear ac/heat vents, and if itā€™s like the Ranger Lariat, it will have key proximity (I havenā€™t checked when I ordered mine, but that would be my guess since the Ranger Lariat lux pkg has it)
Sponsored