Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Croyse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.
This is my gripe to. Who is using keys in 2022. I also think ACC should be part of the 360 package.
Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I wish I could get the all the goodies in the Lariat with the XLT interior. That brown is what turned me off the Bronco Sport. Would love AWD, but I'll use that once or twice a year. Hybrid I'll use every day.
The AWD feature is actually beneficial in all weather conditions. I'm on my second Subaru and the AWD really shines on rainy, miserable days, you can feel it pulling you around the corners with no loss of traction. While a evasive maneuver in wet weather could save your bacon, in a FWD or RWD, it might not come out so well.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
How many people here remember when you needed to stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight, then climb out and turn the hub locks on the wheels to engage 4WD?

hubs.jpg
Had them on my new 1978 Toyota Landcruiser + they require regular maintenance.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
technically, the AWD is "on" all the time isn't it? So you would "use it" every time you drive the truck.
Ford's AWD runs in front wheel drive until the computer decides that you need rear traction and then sends a portion of the power to the rear wheels.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted more than one shade of white for XLT+ trims, not just the government fleet white...but I'll probably end up getting it anyways 🤣
I think Ford's Oxford White is a nice, clean bright white, always thought fleet whites were ever so slightly "beige-y". I was an art director so I'm acutely aware of color variations.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I look at the maverick as a 40 mpg hybrid Ford Fusion with a bed for $20,000. That’s amazing. I’m tempted to order a XL but the XLT is only 2,200 more, and the aluminum wheels look great. To tow any of my trailer I would need a bigger trucks so I feel no need for a 2.0 ecoboost and 4,000 tow package. The front wheel drive has most the weight over the tires so no big need for AWD. This is a commuter car with a bed. Ford has a big winner here and as the gas prices soar so will maverick sales. I don’t see any negatives.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I look at the maverick as a 40 mpg hybrid Ford Fusion with a bed for $20,000. That’s amazing. I’m tempted to order a XL but the XLT is only 2,200 more, and the aluminum wheels look great. To tow any of my trailer I would need a bigger trucks so I feel no need for a 2.0 ecoboost and 4,000 tow package. The front wheel drive has most the weight over the tires so no big need for AWD. This is a commuter car with a bed. Ford has a big winner here and as the gas prices soar so will maverick sales. I don’t see any negatives.
I didn't see any negatives either. then I read the thread "what do you like LEAST about Maverick" and found lots of negativity :ROFLMAO: My mother used to say "find the faults you can live with" as in no relationship is 100% perfect. My only concerns on this were bed length (for hauling motorcycles) and the front end styling, but I can live both of those as the positives far outweigh the negatives in the total value proposition here.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my gripe to. Who is using keys in 2022. I also think ACC should be part of the 360 package.
I totally prefer keys. Hate having a keyfob on my keyring in my pocket as I've set off the panic alarm many times just doing normal stuff out in the yard or parking lots because the panic button gets pushed accidentally. Batteries tend to wear out quickly in keyfobs and my Jeep doesn't recognize the fob is there at times and takes extra steps just to start it when that happens. Glove box lock key integrated into the fob as well and you have to separate to use it and put back together again each time. Keys please.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
That interior on the Lariat trim. I'll get used to it one day, I'm sure. But til then? Yuck....

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hate having a keyfob on my keyring in my pocket as I've set off the panic alarm many times just doing normal stuff out in the yard or parking lots because the panic button gets pushed accidentally.
Sorry if off topic. I totally get that. I feel like no one really thought about keyfob design except Volvo, with the buttons on the side so you don’t accidentally press them.
I will say though, I used to accidentally press the buttons on my Ford Escape all the time (rubbery buttons), but I don’t think I’ve done it once on my Lexus. It has a smooth, thinner key fob with plastic buttons so they don’t get caught and aren’t raised from the fob itself. But with intelligent access, I never take them out of my purse or pocket anyway (except to lock the car) so I don’t worry about it too much.
Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? 2A597E2E-1B96-4510-8AFD-6894300DDEF7

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My buddy at work got a tailgate dampner for his 20 Ranger. Said it only took 5 minutes to install and likes it.
Yeah I put one on my ranger as well, it was very easy but you did need to have some unique torx bits to attach it. I was curious and watched a few of the bed design videos to see if the same part might swap...I caught a few good shots and the attach points do not appear the same, so we will need to wait for a maverick-specific damper.

Specifically on my ranger, the damper attaches with 2 bolts right about the point where the bottle opener is, which I can see is a single bolt (or maybe double bolt horizontal to the gate). Anyway, it was a $30 ford part, so I am sure we'll see a maverick version quickly!

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
I'm hoping some enterprising dealerships will install 3D printers in their showrooms to allow customers to buy print-time, or just sell their own custom accessories.
Now THAT would be really cool.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
My only gripes are:
  • No AWD hybrid
  • No black and/or neutral color options on XLT and Lariat trims
  • No fog lights
  • It wasn't at dealerships prior to my old car dying
Other than that, I like a lot of things people in this thread dislike.
Sponsored