Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My biggest issue is that there's no AWD or 4x4 option with the base engine, that said, i wouldve preferred that the base be a non-turbo for ease of maintenance and lower repair costs. Since they did go hybrid as the base, it's a bit disappointing its not a plug in, even with a short all electric range, though I assume any larger size battery would've raised the base price significantly. Plain hybrid FWD seems like the worst of both worlds lol.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am looking at purchasing a pickup for the first time. This will replace one of my compact SUV. I just wish the Lariat trim a heads up display, rear A/C vents, A/C front seats and key proximity. I have these features on my 2019 Mazda CX-5.

Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my gripe to. Who is using keys in 2022. I also think ACC should be part of the 360 package.
Yes, why are things like ACC that actually assist your driving ā€” not a part of the ā€œco-pilotā€ package?

I will miss my homelink auto-dimming rearview (cā€™mon Ford), HUD and rain-sensing wipers in my current car if I jump ship to a Maverick. Although nice, I can live without my ventilated seats and adaptive headlights.

Iā€™m surprised theyā€™re making a hybrid, especially a truck, that doesnā€™t surpass 200hp. Seems like most hybrids Iā€™ve been interested in get 210-225 range.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, why are things like ACC that actually assist your driving ā€” not a part of the ā€œco-pilotā€ package?

I will miss my homelink auto-dimming rearview (cā€™mon Ford), HUD and rain-sensing wipers in my current car if I jump ship to a Maverick. Although nice, I can live without my ventilated seats and adaptive headlights.

Iā€™m surprised theyā€™re making a hybrid, especially a truck, that doesnā€™t surpass 200hp. Seems like most hybrids Iā€™ve been interested in get 210-225 range.
Which models are you looking at? Also consider the cost of this vehicle, it's a relatively low price. I guess if they want the same hybrid drivetrain across all trims, they have to keep it relatively inexpensive to host that low XL price. Maybe a higher performance 200+hp engine like Rav4 hybrid (219hp) will be added for future model options in the following years? I wonder if they can keep making XLs at this price heh. Subaru Crosstrek hybrid is 148hp. Honda Insight is 151hp. 191hp isn't shabby though for a city-oriented drivetrain?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am looking at purchasing a pickup for the first time. This will replace one of my compact SUV. I just wish the Lariat trim a heads up display, rear A/C vents, A/C front seats and key proximity. I have these features on my 2019 Mazda CX-5.
how much was your CX-5 compared to the Lariat?

Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which models are you looking at? Also consider the cost of this vehicle, it's a relatively low price. I guess if they want the same hybrid drivetrain across all trims, they have to keep it relatively inexpensive to host that low XL price. Maybe a higher performance 200+hp engine like Rav4 hybrid (219hp) will be added for future model options in the following years? I wonder if they can keep making XLs at this price heh. Subaru Crosstrek hybrid is 148hp. Honda Insight is 151hp. 191hp isn't shabby though for a city-oriented drivetrain?
Mostly was interested in Tucson, RAV4, and CR-V hybrids which are all above 200hp (Iā€™m in a car now and want more cargo capacity).

I understand the price point side of the argument, but it is a truck and youā€™d imagine would have equal or more hp than a hybrid compact SUV. Plus we can agree the price is already lower for Maverick because of cheaper materials compared to ā€” say ā€” real leather seats or more premium soft touch materials etc. Iā€™m not mad about it, I just found it a lil surprising.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mostly was interested in Tucson, RAV4, and CR-V hybrids which are all above 200hp (Iā€™m in a car now and want more cargo capacity).

I understand the price point side of the argument, but it is a truck and youā€™d imagine would have equal or more hp than a hybrid compact SUV. Plus we can agree the price is already lower for Maverick because of cheaper materials compared to ā€” say ā€” real leather seats or more premium soft touch materials etc. Iā€™m not mad about it, I just found it a lil surprising.
Yeah I hear you, it seems like they really streamlined/limited a lot of options for this first year. One thing that's actually got me on the fence about waiting 1 more year is that they didn't implement SYNC 4 instead of the older SYNC 3, which would have allowed wireless carplay and wireless android auto if I'm not mistaken, like in the new F150 and a couple other new Ford models. It kinda negates the value of a wireless charging pad if you have to plug your phone anyway. The technology is there! I wonder if SYNC 4 was the plan for XLT/Lariat option but the chip shortage affected their rationing of certain tech options for this year?

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I hear you, it seems like they really streamlined/limited a lot of options for this first year. One thing that's actually got me on the fence about waiting 1 more year is that they didn't implement SYNC 4 instead of the older SYNC 3, which would have allowed wireless carplay and wireless android auto if I'm not mistaken, like in the new F150 and a couple other new Ford models. It kinda negates the value of a wireless charging pad if you have to plug your phone anyway. The technology is there! I wonder if SYNC 4 was the plan for XLT/Lariat option but the chip shortage affected their rationing of certain tech options for this year?
I agree. Never understand wireless charging if no wireless CarPlay. Iā€™ve owned two Mazdaā€™s over the last 7 years so Iā€™m not familiar with Sync3 or how good or useful it even is. I only ever use android/Apple CarPlay in my car and play media from my phone. So I never even use the navigation that my car came with.

paulw27

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CMax Energi/2016 Rav4 Hybrid
Although I live in snow country, I wasn't too bummed about lack of AWD with the hybrid. I think with snow tires, extra ground clearance, and FWD the Maverick should do well enough in the snow.
I would have been thrilled if they had made the hybrid a plug-in hybrid with >30 miles of all electric range.