Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if it has been mentioned before and I tried searching first, but I just realized that for those who are going to have a child seat it will be a headache to be able to utilize the under seat storage bins.

In the Maverick the bottom seat is all one piece and a child seat in any 3 rear spots will require the removal of the child seat to obtain access to the bins. At least in my F150 the seats are split 60/40 and you can still use the bins when a child seat is over the 40 split which is over the subwoofer.
Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plastic cladding on the outside/rear bumper. Wish it was a proper painted bumper. I'd pay $500 more for that. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the aftermarket sometimes they make proper strong welded up metal bumpers that can integrate into the space that was occupied by the plastic cladding.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Not sure if it has been mentioned before and I tried searching first, but I just realized that for those who are going to have a child seat it will be a headache to be able to utilize the under seat storage bins.

In the Maverick the bottom seat is all one piece and a child seat in any 3 rear spots will require the removal of the child seat to obtain access to the bins. At least in my F150 the seats are split 60/40 and you can still use the bins when a child seat is over the 40 split which is over the subwoofer.
Good call. My kids are both in highback booster seats, so it's not too bad to take them out and put them in, but I wouldn't have thought of it.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

Damn. Something negative. 😅😅😅

I hadn’t thought of that. My oldest is in a regular booster and my youngest is a couple of months away from that, so it won’t be too terrible, but yes, a small inconvenience.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Details that the price point was enough of a compensating factor for are the less than comfortable seats (I've sat in them with the Escape and Bronco Sport). I'm also not at all a fan of the twist dial gear selector. Both little things that the low price washes over like a crashing wave on a beach for me.

Sponsored

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Details that the price point was enough of a compensating factor for are the less than comfortable seats (I've sat in them with the Escape and Bronco Sport). I'm also not at all a fan of the twist dial gear selector. Both little things that the low price washes over like a crashing wave on a beach for me.
I have learned after a quick look over at the Bronco Sport Forums not to spill coffee or a liquid into the dial gear selector, lol. The whole system goes haywire.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
I have learned after a quick look over at the Bronco Sport Forums not to spill coffee or a liquid into the dial gear selector, lol. The whole system goes haywire.
Seems like the perfect opportunity for any aftermarket cover made of clear silicone.

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
1) No cruise on XL.
2) Acoustic laminated windshield (SoundScreen) only on Lariat.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
How many people here remember when you needed to stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight, then climb out and turn the hub locks on the wheels to engage 4WD?
Manual hubs and a floor-shift transfer case were options on the Alumiduties until the minor-model change. I think Ford was the last hold-out.

Sorry l meant auto/power folding side mirrors,
If I can avoid it, I'd absolutely not buy another vehicle that has manual telescope/fold tow mirrors. But the Maverick, at barely over 72" in body width, aught to fit anywhere a Civic can. I personally don't see it as a necessity unless maybe you had a single-car, 7' wide garage door or carport.

They would have been much better off with a more conservative design with black/charcoal. Leave the weird two-tone color schemes for premium add on packages.
I think the quirky interior, and the vehicle in general, is aimed at younger city-dwellers who may not have considered a truck before. You sort of see the same quirky-ness in other businesses aimed at younger people, such as if you swing by a Tru by Hilton or Element hotel.

I don't understand why they didn't offer other options for the interior. Say if you ordered the XLT model why couldn't you have either the XL interior or the XLT interior? If you ordered the Lariat model then you could have the option of XL, XLT or Lariat interior. Just my thought.
Looks like they took a page out of Honda's playbook. Most Hondas have few, if any, standalone options. You want a vehicle with a certain feature? You have to buy the trim that has that option.

Sure, Ford has all the parts for different combinations, but that adds complexity and ultimately cost.

And who knows, maybe Ford will allow for custom orders once production gets into full-swing. At least until a couple years ago, Ford allocated F-150 production slots for pretty much any combination that isn't physically impossible and doesn't require custom software.

But it might just be an F-150 thing. The F-150 is Ford's bread and butter, so they might just be more flexible on that particular vehicle.

- Not necessarily needing a 12 inch screen, but that big cubby throws me off. What do we put in there?
I think a 12" screen is coming, but for any number of reasons, couldn't make the release deadline. Ford likely shelved it for the minor model change.

In the Maverick the bottom seat is all one piece and a child seat in any 3 rear spots will require the removal of the child seat to obtain access to the bins. At least in my F150 the seats are split 60/40
I found that odd in the Ranger as well. Every other truck and SUV/CUV on the market has 60/40 or 40/20/40 seats. Other than the Ranger and Maverick, 100/0 seats are found only on some sedans.

I am hoping that will change for the Maverick's (and the Ranger's) minor model change. My '00 F-250 had a 100/0 back seat. The seat was changed to a 60/40 starting in '04.

pig

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-150
lack of sync3 or auto-up windows without moving up to the lariat trim level. Auto-up windows seems like a useless feature until you've used it a few times. No hands free phone without sync3 is a bummer too.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Small gripes, but bummers (to me)

1.) Needed Cruise Control so I was forced into the XLT
2.) No Push button start. Haven't had a new car since 2003. I was hoping for something modern
3.) Where are the Roof Rails?
Sponsored