Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cost...
That's why the limited number of interior options. Speed up build time and material inventory.

It's got me really torn. I want the Lariat interior...but not sure I want to add 3+k to have the other features.
If I stick with XLT, those blue door panels don't really go with some of the exterior paint choices.
Depends on the shade. Remember, blue jeans go with everything 😁
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I know you’re a green fan too.. now Ford is adding “Gem Green” to Lincoln’s.. hopefully we’ll get something similar on the Mav
1625153165005.jpeg
Most likely ain't happening. Saving those colors for premium offerings.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most likely ain't happening. Saving those colors for premium offerings.
Although I love green, I have to agree with you. Saw this color on an Explorer a couple of years ago and looked it up "Gem Green" and it is incredible.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I probably would have gotten this color if available on Maverick.
TIme for a wrap job! Any color you like! Can you imagine folks as you roll by....HEY where he get that color...>? LOL

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Cost...
That's why the limited number of interior options. Speed up build time and material inventory.

It's got me really torn. I want the Lariat interior...but not sure I want to add 3+k to have the other features.
If I stick with XLT, those blue door panels don't really go with some of the exterior paint choices.
I believe the blue door panels are on all of them. It’s just the trim colors are different.

Sponsored

dragom

First Name
danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro
Please Please Please!! Get rid of the Desert Brown interior. I really would rather have one color then that CRAP color.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I think my main gripes are:

- No fog lights (wish it were at least an option)
- Not necessarily needing a 12 inch screen, but that big cubby throws me off. What do we put in there?
- No rear A/C vents. Probably because they didn’t think they were necessary.
- I would have liked a black interior option.

I think that’s all I can think of. I honestly am very happy with what Ford is bringing to the table. Can’t wait!

Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Kia Rio Cinco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first thing I look at in a truck is the dimension from tailgate to ground w/ gate open. The Maverick really caught my attention w/ it's great figure. That said, the inability to load 4' sheet goods on the floor nullifies this as you have to put 2x4's up in notches in the bed and then lift the sheet goods up to this level which is a lot higher than the floor.

I personally would had rather seen the 1.5 liter, 3 cylinder as standard on the XL w/ (8) speed trans, making the Hybrid a separate entity since it's not available with AWD and comes w/ the CVT.
Also has no bumper step to get into bed.

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cost...

But each trim level has its own interior design, so that’s 3 different interior options alone. They could have at least offered those 3 options at each trim level.
Don’t listen to me. I’m just bitter I have to wait a year or two until an interior color I actually like is available for the Lariat.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
But each trim level has its own interior design, so that’s 3 different interior options alone. They could have at least offered those 3 options at each trim level.
Don’t listen to me. I’m just bitter I have to wait a year or two until an interior color I actually like is available for the Lariat.
They have different seats and trim pieces. The main color (Navy Pier) is the same across all models.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since I am in my 60's, safety features are very important to me. I really wished that a heads-up display was available in the Lariat luxury package. My wife's Mazda CX-5 has it and we both find it very helpful with keeping your eyes on the road.

Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Kia Rio Cinco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly the only thing I truly am upset about is the rear seat being a bench. Gonna make my plans to rip it out and build a platform a lot harder. The original plan was to rip out the 60 part and build a platform for my milwaukee packout drawers then leave the 40 part for the two times in ten years I ever have had a backseat passenger. I guess now Im just gonna tear the whole thing out and build the platform across the whole back seat.

Everything else is fine. I dont care in the slightest about having cruise control, I 1000% prefer having a real key for startup, all the tie downs and stuff can be added later on to the Xl so no problem there. The whole rest of the truck is great overall in its base XL trim. Toss on the 4k tow package and 110v charge port for my tool charger and Im set. And of course option on the 2.0 and awd, thats obvious.
Unfortunately I need one seat in back.I was going to build a tool box that the drawers faced one door.But will still use underseat as tool storage.

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad's broncos had that...
How many people here remember when you needed to stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight, then climb out and turn the hub locks on the wheels to engage 4WD?

hubs.jpg
If I recall you couldn't use the parking brake either, and I recall chasing a truck as the level ground wasn't quite as level as I had thought. In the middle of the night in a snow storm in the middle of nowhere. At least it was back when I was young enough to catch it before it picked up speed.

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Manual side mirrors. The ability to adjust side mirrors in a safety issue. Should be standard for all models.

Mr.e

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord
I think everyone has summed up my gripes/dislikes pretty well. I do wish adaptive CC was offered as an option with the XLT. My family and I do long road trips once or twice a year (main reason we're getting a hybrid). A few times in the past I have rented a vehicle for these trips that had adaptive cc and I fell in love with the feature. Not having to constantly disengage and reengage cruise control whenever some moron decides to slow down in front of me is sweet, but I just can't justify upgrading to Lariat AND the Lariat Lux AND the Co-Pilot 360 package just to get it. Wah :(
Sponsored