Sponsored

What Aftermarket Accessory Do You Think Every Maverick should have?

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking about adding nano-ceramic film to the windshield. Has anyone had luck with that reducing heat and protecting the dashboard plastics?
Never heard of that. I'll have to check on it. It gets hot down here in Alabama!!

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the 2 level center console tray insert by SHAOHAO is a must! That space was useless for me until I put the tray in. You couldn't put spare keys, nail clippers, coins, company ID badge, cloth to clean glasses, pencil, or pen anywhere convenient that was out of sight. This fixes that problem.

And since it has multiple levels, you can keep less used and/or bigger stuff (like a small flashlight) in the bottom level. AND there's still room to put semi-big things below it.

1664473936688.png
I bought this for mine. Makes it more versatile for sure.

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added: dash cam, Homelink mirror, tinted windows, tailgate lettering, black Ford oval front and back.

Everything else came with my truck but I’ll probably add the tailgate assist and Stubby Jr antenna at some point.
Do you think the stubby antenna will affect reception?

Sponsored

ShadowXLT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 FWD Ecoboost
A brush guard or grille guard. Please! Some of us live where there is tons of wildlife that love to jump out in front of you.

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, but also I only use Sirius. Bought lifetime back in 2002.
I don't use Sirius but I was wondering about the AM/FM reception. That lifetime subscription sounds great though!!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never heard of that. I'll have to check on it. It gets hot down here in Alabama!!
Yes I have. No, it doesn't work like that. Windshields already have a UV protector, which is why you don't get sunburned driving your car. But the problem down South is the amount of heat hitting the rest of your car.

It doesn't matter that less UV light is making it into the car, the windows themselves will heat up and warm your car. It's the same principle as why your attic is 140 degrees in the summer despite wood having near perfect sun protection.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Whether it's something as popular as a dash cam or maybe even just a certain mudflap, what would you recommend for a new Maverick owner?

I just received my Maverick and was curious about any recommendations, even if it's just purely cosmetic!
First a bed cover, your choice and type, next a hood skin or wind deflector, to prevent paint chips. after that maybe tinting the front door windows, tailgate letters, rain deflectors, check ebay for ideas!

Mark V. C.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xl 2.0 tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Oxford White XL 2.0 if you have the stock wheels get Beauty Rings could not find black rings got crome ones painted them black- Tint the passenger & driver windows- tint the headlights & taillights-LED taillights $97.00 for 4 wow Ford hood guard small-Tonneau cover trust me the Beauty Rings give it a better look

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With tailgate assist you can't "lock" the bed at half-way to carry plywood though, if I'm not mistaken. It's either/or. It's a small lightweight tailgate and I'd probably get plywood two or three times a year. Are the assist struts removable on the fly without tools?
Tailgate assist does not stop you from setting the Tailgate on an angel for carrying plywood.

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can. I bought this back when it was $28 on Amazon, I believe it's $39 now.

PXL_20220928_232547745.jpg
That piston is mounted to the tailgate in the wrong location

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some way to protect the Cat-converter. It's an absolute epidemic where I live.
Sponsored