Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Factory 17x7 w/225/65s & 20x9 w/255/45s

Mav_Tire_Difference.jpg
What's the offset on the 20" wheels, and is there any rubbing currently? I'm bouncing around with a wheel order for mine with the coilovers coming and trying to get an idea of how aggressive I can go.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

What's the offset on the 20" wheels, and is there any rubbing currently? I'm bouncing around with a wheel order for mine with the coilovers coming and trying to get an idea of how aggressive I can go.
Offset is +38. As others have mentioned the fronts stick out just a little. No big deal to me. If it does start to bug me, (I don't know why it would), I can always get 1/4" spacers. No rubbing what so ever. Of course I haven't lowered it yet. That is happening on the 12th. 😁.
Ford Maverick Visual Comparison of Different Tires / Tire Sizes on 2022+ Maverick Maverick_Wheels_Exhaust

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for that. I'd love to see a head on view to se how much stick out there really is. I just ordered a set of 20x9 +35s so they should be really close to what you have too.

PS: Spacers would push the wheel out further, you can't really bring them in without camber asjustments.

Deleted member 6544

Thanks for that. I'd love to see a head on view to se how much stick out there really is. I just ordered a set of 20x9 +35s so they should be really close to what you have too.

PS: Spacers would push the wheel out further, you can't really bring them in without camber asjustments.
Yes ,I should have said spacers for the rear. Yours @ +35mm theoretically will stick out 3 mm more.
I'll take a pic this afternoon.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the stock set up on the lariat. No need to change anything.

Sponsored

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here you go...
Maverick_Tires_F.jpg
Maverick_Tires_B.jpg
Thanks for that! Would you be able to get a shot looking down the side from the front, so you can really see how much the wheel/tire sticks out? My wheel order is on hold as another options is available and I want to pick the right combo for my goals. Thanks again!!!

Deleted member 6544

Thanks for that! Would you be able to get a shot looking down the side from the front, so you can really see how much the wheel/tire sticks out? My wheel order is on hold as another options is available and I want to pick the right combo for my goals. Thanks again!!!
Here you go

Ford Maverick Visual Comparison of Different Tires / Tire Sizes on 2022+ Maverick Maverick_Tyres

Ford Maverick Visual Comparison of Different Tires / Tire Sizes on 2022+ Maverick Maverick_Tyres_I

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been debating which tires to buy and dropped a couple of options into a sheet to compare and then figured I might as well put a bunch more images in as maybe it will be helpful to others when choosing tires.

I did my best to gather the correct tire and size information but if any of these are your truck and I got it wrong please let me know.

Maverick Tire Comparison (1).jpg

Maverick Tire Comparison2.jpg

Maverick Tire Comparison3.jpg
Thank you so much for this. I'm now sold on 255/65/17

Sponsored

MavTex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Offset is +38. As others have mentioned the fronts stick out just a little. No big deal to me. If it does start to bug me, (I don't know why it would), I can always get 1/4" spacers. No rubbing what so ever. Of course I haven't lowered it yet. That is happening on the 12th. 😁.
Maverick_Wheels_Exhaust.jpg
What is the brand & model on the rims ?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just tried 245/60/18 and they touched solidly on the liner. Should be exactly the same size.

So confused...
Interesting, as that is the size I'd consider going from stock.
Surprised to learn a 1" greater height would cause any rubbing at all.

I like the slight width and height increase just for ride comfort to absorb more road imperfections. I'd have the 4K tow kit which yields a lower differential ratio.. so I'd be clawing back all of that torque loss difference and it would have result in engine to wheel rotation on par with that of a non 4k equipped truck... Speedo would always be off though as I don't think ForScan would permit dialing in a non-spec value.

Anyway, disappointed to hear you are touching.... I guess I would consider a mild 1" front 1/2" rear lift that would serve as a bit of a leveling lift... so that should negate any rubbing concerns.

I'll have to keep looking at other 18" posts....

Ford Maverick Visual Comparison of Different Tires / Tire Sizes on 2022+ Maverick image_2022-10-19_122341971

Ford Maverick Visual Comparison of Different Tires / Tire Sizes on 2022+ Maverick image_2022-10-19_123030498

trippytbta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
You are so right! I have a set of 235 65R17 WP and Bronco Sport wheels waiting my CG Maverick! Basically the FX4 setup in Grey to match the CG truck.

6731D483-7CEA-4809-A738-73D558CF2F97.png
Did you ever throw these on the CG maverick? I want to see a pic. Planning on possibly trying to do the same.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you ever throw these on the CG maverick? I want to see a pic. Planning on possibly trying to do the same.
Nope, still waiting on the truck. I will update as soon as I get them on.
Sponsored