Sponsored

Unhood Insulation

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Dec 17, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
5,489
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Jerry,
Take a look at my post #94 above ☝🏻
(as posted by Glen...
General motors
Ford motor company
American motors corporation
Packard motor car company. )
Yes, the term "Motor" was incorporated a lot...
Google search....

In 1900, the term "motor" was rapidly evolving from a general definition of "a mover" (something that produces power) into a specific term for automobiles, electric drives, and the emerging automotive industry.

Here is what "motor" meant around 1900:
  • Automobile/Motor Carriage: The term was frequently used to describe the vehicle itself, often called a "motor car" or "motor carriage" to distinguish it from horse-drawn carriages.
  • Electric Power: Initially, "motor" often specifically referred to electric motors (electro-motors) used in streetcars, trams, and early electric cars, while internal combustion engines were sometimes referred to simply as "engines".
  • The "Motor City" Era: By 1900, Detroit was earning the nickname "Motor City" due to the rapid rise of car manufacturing companies.
And NO I am NOT this 👆 OLD...:ROFLMAO:

Jerry
 

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 19, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
458
Reaction score
390
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what about this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Soundpro...41943EC388E3EB82F3A8519C&conditionGroupCode=1

oh, and a little stick on sound deadener first

ebay, same thing $58, if you all are interested I'll let you know how much of a piece of crap it is.....
ha!
Well, it’s installed. The outer most bottom fasteners are a complete joke. I used two wire ties with plastic washers instead.
Other than that, I think it’s a good product. I put some sound deadener in there in the spaces that are open before I installed it. I can’t tell if it made a difference in sound though. I seriously doubt it.

Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_2108


Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_2107
 
Last edited:

midnight43026

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Aug 2, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
68
Reaction score
172
Location
Hilliard, OH
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.5 4k AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have this pad as well. I didn’t buy it for noise reduction or aesthetics—I installed it to help insulate the aluminum hood from engine heat. It should reduce thermal shock, which can contribute to paint failure over time.


That said, I don’t expect much concern from Ford if the finish does fail, since their warranty typically only covers rust-through—and an aluminum panel isn’t exactly going to rust through.
 

KO Stradivarius

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 3, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
196
Reaction score
366
Location
The Disputed Lands
Vehicle(s)
'25 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it’s installed. The outer most bottom fasteners are a complete joke. I used two wire ties with plastic washers instead.
Other than that, I think it’s a good product. I put some sound in there in the spaces that are open before I installed it. I can’t tell if it made a difference in sound though. I seriously doubt it.

IMG_2108.webp


IMG_2107.webp


View attachment 244393
"Reduced road noise and vibration" on the box
 

Sponsored

NiCkyGee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Nov 24, 2023
Threads
14
Messages
69
Reaction score
62
Location
Richmond Hts, Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would this cause your motor to run hotter?
I ordered and installed one of these yesterday. It really did a good job of reducing the sound level. installation was easy until I broke one of the windshield washer connectors. Dumb mistake on my part. Ordered a new OEM from ebay.
 

tpollauf

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
247
Reaction score
370
Location
Toledo/Port Clinton, Ohio
Vehicle(s)
1992 F-150, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT, 2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Just curious - does a hood mat add enough weight to negate the use of aftermarket hydralic hood lifts?
NO. I have both and you don't even know it's there!
 

tpollauf

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
247
Reaction score
370
Location
Toledo/Port Clinton, Ohio
Vehicle(s)
1992 F-150, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT, 2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Apparently I scared everybody away ! Getting back on topic here, I ended up buying one as mentioned in post # 118. The hood pad itself is pretty good BUT the hardware and instructions (lack thereof) totally suck! Like most Chinese modification items for just about anything, you had better have some "MacGyver" alteration skills for the best outcome.

Similar to "CarbongrayFX4 .. Luke" in post # 18, I had to alter the installation process quite heavily to accept some plastic push pins to hold up the hood liner. Lots of extra work BUT I'm a bit anal when it comes to clean installations, so the extra time taken doesn't bother me. Turned out REAL nice ... just don't ask me how many hours it took me! 😮 Some pics below showing the progress ..........

Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_8939

Here I Placed wide masking tape in the rough areas where the push pins will go. Then temporarily held up the hood liner and marked all fastening areas. Got "close" as there is a lot of forgiveness to this installation.

Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_8943

I made the receptacle sections for the push pins out of scrap 20 gauge metal. These were then riveted in place as shown in the next pic.
Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_8947

An overall shot of all pieces mounted and awaiting the hood liner & push pins.
Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_8952
Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation IMG_8953


Very clean installation with minimal gaps. I only used the two smaller push pins (recessed two anchor points toward front/center of hood) that came with the kit. Everything else got pitched. I added just two additional push pin anchor points. The fit was so good that it doesn't require a bunch more. Despite the extra work involved, I'm very happy with the outcome.

I'm curious how "CarbongrayFX4' prepared his hood prior to installig the liner? Pics if you have them

Also for "Silver23", do you have a full hood view of your installation? Post when you get a chance.
 
Sponsored

CarbonGrayFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Dec 2, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
364
Reaction score
692
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Carbon Gray XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently I scared everybody away ! Getting back on topic here, I ended up buying one as mentioned in post # 118. The hood pad itself is pretty good BUT the hardware and instructions (lack thereof) totally suck! Like most Chinese modification items for just about anything, you had better have some "MacGyver" alteration skills for the best outcome.

Similar to "CarbongrayFX4 .. Luke" in post # 18, I had to alter the installation process quite heavily to accept some plastic push pins to hold up the hood liner. Lots of extra work BUT I'm a bit anal when it comes to clean installations, so the extra time taken doesn't bother me. Turned out REAL nice ... just don't ask me how many hours it took me! 😮 Some pics below showing the progress ..........

IMG_8939.webp

Here I Placed wide masking tape in the rough areas where the push pins will go. Then temporarily held up the hood liner and marked all fastening areas. Got "close" as there is a lot of forgiveness to this installation.

IMG_8943.webp

I made the receptacle sections for the push pins out of scrap 20 gauge metal. These were then riveted in place as shown in the next pic.
IMG_8947.webp

An overall shot of all pieces mounted and awaiting the hood liner & push pins.
IMG_8952.webp
IMG_8953.webp


Very clean installation with minimal gaps. I only used the two smaller push pins (recessed two anchor points toward front/center of hood) that came with the kit. Everything else got pitched. I added just two additional push pin anchor points. The fit was so good that it doesn't require a bunch more. Despite the extra work involved, I'm very happy with the outcome.

I'm curious how "CarbongrayFX4' prepared his hood prior to installig the liner? Pics if you have them

Also for "Silver23", do you have a full hood view of your installation? Post when you get a chance.
Nice job!

I would say your install looks cleaner than mine. I also added Dynamat to the backside of the mat which adds weight and a little more sag. I am thinking about pulling mine and spraying it with matte black fabric spray paint to give it a more OEM black appearance and possibly reworking my fastener setup to try and take up the sag. It has held for 30,000 miles without too many issues.
 
Last edited:

CarbonGrayFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Dec 2, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
364
Reaction score
692
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Carbon Gray XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used these two piece Honda fastener in the channels that were too wide for a plastic rivet.

91547-TZ5-A02
Ford Maverick Unhood Insulation 71NCZrCbINL
 

CarbonGrayFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Dec 2, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
364
Reaction score
692
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Carbon Gray XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, it’s installed. The outer most bottom fasteners are a complete joke. I used two wire ties with plastic washers instead.
Other than that, I think it’s a good product. I put some sound deadener in there in the spaces that are open before I installed it. I can’t tell if it made a difference in sound though. I seriously doubt it.

IMG_2108.webp


IMG_2107.webp
This is a great idea too!
Sponsored

 
 







Top