OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
I watched the YouTube video of hoodshake and if my eyes were focused on the road in front of my and not down at the windshield, I wouldn’t even notice it.
Again I'm going to say this this was his experience mine did this 3 times as much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
It looks great and very interested to know the other tools you used? I am waiting on my hybrid build date and delivery but I am putting together a list of hints ideas tips so when it it arrives I have all or more then enough information to make changes. thank you..
Just what I stated as for tools and a razor knife

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d bet the insulation you installed probably did decrease nvh into the cabin. Nice job though.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE:
Well I am please to say this worked for what I was trying to do . Going into this there was no guarantee this was going to work. 1st I am no engineer I'm a communications tech. By trade. But that always leaves me with curiosity of fixing things and learning.

So the main reason I did this was for the hood shake , I have the aero skin textured model. With that said I experienced shake in a test drive on a different maverick . So I have no clue if this is isolated to this hood deflector.

Upon doing this I have a friend whom is a engineer on the Toyota tundra for 20 plus years now. He pointed out alot of engineer type things to me....blah blah lol.
So I decide to go ahead with this project cost was 50 bucks only used 10 sheets or so. I could have done cheaper but bought a big box with plans to do doors for speakers etc. later.

So after couple drives yesterday and today at my work route tested at speeds above 75 to 85 mph. The flutter / shake is gone with very very minimal now there if at all. So this worked for me . I had already reported to ford on this and they have called me back and forth to look at and check the issue ( this was not me pushing this with the dealer they called me after I reported to investigate). This may work for others it may not .
I have gotten lots of slack from people in this and other forums I have posted on about heat issues how I'm messing with engineering etc. If you have to be negative just don't post . Go attack some one for a lift etc they are doing to their truck or any other mod. This is my truck I pay the payment and realize what I was doing . Thanks and hope the info helps. I also seen some noises are not apparent any more but I had no issues with that prior to this.

Well bought some 100 mil Kilmat sound insulation for under the hood. Also bought a roller and also used a vinyl wrap tool to help smooth out. Definitely added some weight to the hood maybe that will stop some of the hood flutter , who knows . It seemed a little quieter not sure snowing so didn't go on a test run. But I really did it to see if it helps with some of the hood flutter. Took 10 sheets and about a hour to do.

20211128_151026.jpg

20211128_150852.jpg

20211128_150841.jpg

20211128_143337.jpg

20211128_143327.jpg
That’s amazing I’m one of those having same issue. I was wondering is it more of the weight or the ports under the hood wind getting in?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck hasn't come in yet, but I did purchase one of these hood deflectors, but I think I am going to wait on installing it for now based on your info. Hopefully something is figured out.
I installed the Ford bug/hood deflector on my Blue XL and have not experienced hood flutter as a result. But then the top speed driven has been around 60 mph.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
That’s amazing I’m one of those having same issue. I was wondering is it more of the weight or the ports under the hood wind getting in?
I think it is both honestly. They made this thing with lots of air flow coming in I was told maybe for the towing they expected to be done??

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
FYI, here is a Hood Flutter Correction service procedure from Ford:

Hood Flutter Correction.png
I have previously done this 3 weeks ago it help a tad . Maybe I found a combo lol

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
Excellent Fix and hope Ford will take your fix into consideration for newer models with plans on adding this to already-sold models (at least for those that request it).

Several people have made note of the hood issue while others have wondered about hood insulation for reducing noise. Looks like yours solved the hood vibration at high speeds.

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
I don't see it happening. They aren't going to add cost to fix a problem affecting a very small percentage of vehicles. I think hood issues are likely more about being adjusted properly. And noise issues I don't even consider since it is very subjective and some people likely have unrealistic expectations coming from other vehicle types and price ranges.
Well some points taken. But tour forgetting this is a new vehicle without real world data. And as you state small percentages, but with that said there isn't enough on the road yet . So that could come into play . This is how 1st generation vehicle issues get worked out . Over time!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
That's fine. I just completely disagree. The hood issue is not new or exclusive to the Maverick or even just Ford. First, it needs to be confirmed that the hood is adjusted properly. I don't notice any problems at all on mine. Maybe it's like the sound and some people are just hyper sensitive to it. Either way, if some people have no problems, there is clearly no need to add insulation to every vehicle off the production line which is a cost in materials and labor for Ford.
I never said this was the solution. Nor did I say it was exclusive to the Maverick. Fortunately I have never experienced this ever on a vehicle. But after this happening here and doing research I see its common with certain vehicles. Mine was in the dealer and met all specs. This is why ford decided to keep having me back while they go back and forth and have heard complaints prior to myself. I just decided to do this on my own if they come up with a fix then so be it. I'm just saying this is a new issue and you have to reach some high numbers before it becomes a TSB . My ex wife's cousin is the final production manager at the ram plant here in Detroit. I remember him and I discussing the fender moldings on ram that would come off do to water he said they new of that for years . Unfortunately they never reached the numbers needed. I fully understand your take on this thatbit isn't a issue . But if you never make a manufacturers aware they may never know also. That's all I'm saying .

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's fine. I just completely disagree. The hood issue is not new or exclusive to the Maverick or even just Ford. First, it needs to be confirmed that the hood is adjusted properly. I don't notice any problems at all on mine. Maybe it's like the sound and some people are just hyper sensitive to it. Either way, if some people have no problems, there is clearly no need to add insulation to every vehicle off the production line which is a cost in materials and labor for Ford.
The hood movement is from the hood deflector. I had no problem till I installed the hood type 2.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have previously done this 3 weeks ago it help a tad . Maybe I found a combo lol
I will try to add rubber pieces to compact the far end, and if doesn’t work I’ll do same thing you did or completely take off the hood reflector. Many thanks for the info and your right maybe both weight and wind. I let you know how the rubber piece if it works or not.

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
I will try to add rubber pieces to compact the far end, and if doesn’t work I’ll do same thing you did or completely take off the hood reflector. Many thanks for the info and your right maybe both weight and wind. I let you know how the rubber piece if it works or not.
Much appreciated can't wait to see what you come up with

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
The hood movement is from the hood deflector. I had no problem till I installed the hood type 2.
This is were I agree and disagree I test drove a maverick here in Michigan stock it did it . Bought mine and traveled to Ohio had the deflector installed before I even drove mine once. I know a girl over on FB forum that is having same issue no deflector at all. Her and I were discussing this over a month ago .
Sponsored