First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried 303 automotive protectant? Seems like the coating would allow items to glide off without damage the surface
I put it on all my interior plastics last week. So far so good!
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put it on all my interior plastics last week. So far so good!
I am definitely going to put something on mine but want to get something that drys really well as I detest the film that some will place on interior glass when they evaporate on the really hot days. I have no idea which product would be best, maybe this 303 is it?

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you notice that the light blue trim piece right of the radio and around the a/c vents are crinkled, like a piece of paper balled up then flattened out again.
Yeah. I kind of like it. People that see the inside really like the “stone” looking pieces.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't think it's a question of cheap materials, more like the texture is supposed to be stylish, but it backfired and the texture is too grippy so when something hits it, it "grabs" and scratches it.

Plus, the hatch pattern blue interior pieces are generally located in non contact areas like high on the dash, etc.
It's not a question of cheap materials? Really? Is this really the first time that Ford has put plastic in a vehicle?

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am definitely going to put something on mine but want to get something that drys really well as I detest the film that some will place on interior glass when they evaporate on the really hot days. I have no idea which product would be best, maybe this 303 is it?
No film or slippery feeling on the plastics with 303. Just deepens the color a little. It’s not shiny. Looks good. I would say the interior plastics are better then what was in my 2007 mustang gt and in my dads 2007 Expedition. They seem on par with my dads current 2017 Toyota Sequoia.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw a promo Ford video somewhere last year they were touting that the plastics in the Maverick's interior were made from recycled plastics. Never saw it mentioned again.
Could be why the finish doesn't hold-up.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a promo Ford video somewhere last year they were touting that the plastics in the Maverick's interior were made from recycled plastics. Never saw it mentioned again.
Could be why the finish doesn't hold-up.
Not so much that the interior plastics are recycled, but rather the white/grey door panels and dash are speckled with reused carbon fiber trimmings.

riverrat373

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Escape, 2009 Ford f150 Supercab 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it's a question of cheap materials, more like the texture is supposed to be stylish, but it backfired and the texture is too grippy so when something hits it, it "grabs" and scratches it.

Plus, the hatch pattern blue interior pieces are generally located in non contact areas like high on the dash, etc.
Metal belt buckle=Hard
Plastic=Soft
;)

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not a question of cheap materials? Really? Is this really the first time that Ford has put plastic in a vehicle?
Don't know, but I don't recall having textured plastic in other vehicles. My Camry has smooth plastic or soft touch/padded vinyls.

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not so much that the interior plastics are recycled, but rather the white/grey door panels and dash are speckled with reused carbon fiber trimmings.
I concur.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried 303 automotive protectant? Seems like the coating would allow items to glide off, without damage to the surface
303 (used to be Aerospace before it was bought out) is the best thing you can dress your interior with.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just tried CG's "Tire + Trim Gel", works GREAT on the lower smooth plastic, as well as the black trim around the bed.

Ford Maverick Unexpected interior wear Maverick_trim_01
Ford Maverick Unexpected interior wear CG_Trim

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
. That's why I'm very careful when getting in and out and touching stuff too much. And if I do have to touch something, I have a soft, velvet microfiber cloth to dust everything with. I understand that this was a budget oriented vehicle to keep the price down but even at $35,000 you'd expect some better wearing interior materials. I still love the design and textures used throughout. I think it's one of the coolest interiors out of any budget-priced vehicle right now but it's too bad it scratches so easily, especially on the b-pillar where the seat belt buckle is, the trim around the seats, the lower door panels, and the door sills.
That’s the “lipstick on a pig” thing. It’s a cheap truck. You added a bunch of doo-dads for 75% over the base model, and now complain that it’s a cheap truck.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The interior plastic is fucking garbage. Excuse my French.
It was garbage. Now it’s been recycled into truck interior pieces. A cheap truck I might add. I appreciate what they did to get the price down so low.
Sponsored