Sponsored

Question: Interior Chime

  • Thread starter Deleted member 5352
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 5352

Guest
Interesting dilemma. I've noticed from time to time the interior chime is piped in through the steering column as oppose to being piped in through the speakers like normal. Is this a sign that there's low battery voltage or is this part of the battery saver feature as listed on the window sticker? I don't expect to get a lot of answers but I'm curious as this occurs every so often, like once every half year. It just did this today which is why I ask. I go to remote start the vehicle like normal, open the door, tap the starter button and the chime is coming from the steering column instead of the speakers. I've spoken about to my dealer and they have no idea.
Sponsored

 

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
2,883
Reaction score
3,883
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's simply a fluke, a glitch, a bug. One might use words like "quirk". If the chimes aren't able to be passed through to the cabin audio system, then the backup chimes in the instrument cluster kick in.

A Bronco Sport that never had any issues with low battery voltage would still occasionally fall back on the backup chimes. Then the next time, it was back to normal. No rhyme or reason except the software goofed up.
 
OP
OP

Deleted member 5352

Guest
It's simply a fluke, a glitch, a bug. One might use words like "quirk". If the chimes aren't able to be passed through to the cabin audio system, then the backup chimes in the instrument cluster kick in.

A Bronco Sport that never had any issues with low battery voltage would still occasionally fall back on the backup chimes. Then the next time, it was back to normal. No rhyme or reason except the software goofed up.
Thank you for your response. That makes me feel a lot better because I could never pinpoint why it does that.
Sponsored

 
 







Top