2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I must get out of the car like I get out of bed on Christmas! Damn.
Ford Maverick Unexpected interior wear C61E7760-B56C-4E49-BE97-C8ED29939B9D
Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are seat belt buckle condoms available on Amazon.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are seat belt buckle condoms available on Amazon.
That’s definitely a search item to delete afterwards! I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Sponsored

Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Has anyone tried 303 automotive protectant? Seems like the coating would allow items to glide off, without damage to the surface

Last edited:

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you notice that the light blue trim piece right of the radio and around the a/c vents are crinkled, like a piece of paper balled up then flattened out again.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there was one main gripe I have with the Maverick it would be this. The interior plastics are very, very, very, scratch prone. Even looking at it too hard will cause it to scratch. That's why I'm very careful when getting in and out and touching stuff too much. And if I do have to touch something, I have a soft, velvet microfiber cloth to dust everything with. I understand that this was a budget oriented vehicle to keep the price down but even at $35,000 you'd expect some better wearing interior materials. I still love the design and textures used throughout. I think it's one of the coolest interiors out of any budget-priced vehicle right now but it's too bad it scratches so easily, especially on the b-pillar where the seat belt buckle is, the trim around the seats, the lower door panels, and the door sills.

Sponsored

N2L

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried 303 automotive protectant? Seems like the coating would allow items to glide off without damage the surface
I am using 303 on all my surfaces. Using Aerospace 303 Surface Protectant on the plastic specifically for a low sheen and the feel. It isn’t preventing scratches, but it does diminish their appearance.

i have an additional wear spot developing low on the B-Pillar from rubbing. Making a thin protective strip with an inexpensive cutting board might be the best route. Heat to fit and attach with a temp adhesive.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there was one main gripe I have with the Maverick it would be this. The interior plastics are very, very, very, scratch prone. Even looking at it too hard will cause it to scratch. That's why I'm very careful when getting in and out and touching stuff too much. And if I do have to touch something, I have a soft, velvet microfiber cloth to dust everything with. I understand that this was a budget oriented vehicle to keep the price down but even at $35,000 you'd expect some better wearing interior materials. I still love the design and textures used throughout. I think it's one of the coolest interiors out of any budget-priced vehicle right now but it's too bad it scratches so easily, especially on the b-pillar where the seat belt buckle is, the trim around the seats, the lower door panels, and the door sills.
I don't think it's a question of cheap materials, more like the texture is supposed to be stylish, but it backfired and the texture is too grippy so when something hits it, it "grabs" and scratches it.

Plus, the hatch pattern blue interior pieces are generally located in non contact areas like high on the dash, etc.

Last edited:

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
eh, I’ve seen Porsche Caymans with color wearing off of interior plastics, which is bad when your interior is tan and it wears to black underneath.
A few scuffs on dark blue plastic of a $21-$31K truck won’t hurt as badly as interior issues of a Boxster/Cayman.

But either way, I feel the plastic will hold up over time, even if it has some scratches. 🤷🏼‍♂️