Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just finished installing my tonneau cover, it is exactly what I was looking for, soft cover with the flush look of hard covers. I like it.

Installation was a little trickier than I thought, the cover would not close until I adjusted the tension, I think it's still a little to tight but I'll give it a few days before I try any mode adjustments.

PXL_20211027_145056792.jpg

PXL_20211027_145039114.jpg
Does look good. I too want the flush look. Been thinking about hard rollup.
What are your thoughts on the hook-n-loop part? I have not seen one in person, and am wondering if too hard to keep clean over time so it still fastens ok.
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks good!

I got the Sentry CT, the look visually is very similar, nice and flush and I love the matte canvas look these have - so much better than vinyl IMO!
Is it possible for you to post pics?

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Just finished installing my tonneau cover, it is exactly what I was looking for, soft cover with the flush look of hard covers. I like it.

Installation was a little trickier than I thought, the cover would not close until I adjusted the tension, I think it's still a little to tight but I'll give it a few days before I try any mode adjustments.

Could you please describe the quick release system? I need a tonneau with quick release so I can use the entire length of the bed to fit my ATV, and I had my eye on Truxedo because they claim to have a quick release. However I can't find anything online actually showing the function.

A video showing the quick release would be amazing if you have the time.

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you please describe the quick release system? I need a tonneau with quick release so I can use the entire length of the bed to fit my ATV, and I had my eye on Truxedo because they claim to have a quick release. However I can't find anything online actually showing the function.

A video showing the quick release would be amazing if you have the time.
TruXedo's video shows the quick release, around the 1:17 minute mark, looks simple enough

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot of folks talk about flush mount tonneau covers. However, do the ones that sit on top of the truck bed offer more height underneath for storage? Just curious as I would want that I think..... 🤔

OP
OP

flimay2k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very interested in how dry it keeps the bed.
They say in the manual it's not supposed to be completely water tight, but the seals and gaskets they use look decent enough, I think it will keep almost all of the water out, just don't trust it will be 100%.

The quick release is exactly what the video shows, it's just a few seconds to get it out.

I went with this cover because I'm planning a bed rack system for my kayaks in the future and I know the Elevate system will work with this one.

A lot of folks talk about flush mount tonneau covers. However, do the ones that sit on top of the truck bed offer more height underneath for storage? Just curious as I would want that I think.....
I think it will add an inch to the covered height, but the downside of some of them is the clamping system that takes more space on the width of the bed and I really don't like the clamps protruding inside the bed look like a safety hazard when you are loading and unloading stuff.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In some other videos I have seen of it, it seems like it looks wrinkled. Is it stretched nice and tight in person? Does it give a nice and smooth look?

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
TruXedo's video shows the quick release, around the 1:17 minute mark, looks simple enough

Thanks a ton! Exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like I'll be going with Truxedo, unless anyone can recommend a different brand with a quick release.

Sponsored
OP
OP

flimay2k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you open and close the tail gate easily with the cover closed?
Yes, just need to push a bit harder because of the seals.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does look good. I too want the flush look. Been thinking about hard rollup.
What are your thoughts on the hook-n-loop part? I have not seen one in person, and am wondering if too hard to keep clean over time so it still fastens ok.
I like it on the hard roll-up. The velcro flaps are a good inch wider than where the track lays, so I think that provides a lot less opportunity for water to get inside the bed.

I also think the velcro sort of serves a different function on the hard vs. soft roll-ups. On a soft roll-up, it is acting as the primary seal, but also as a component of the overall tension (along with the metal rods underneath). Over time, that tension will inevitably become weaker, the stitching will eventually fail and you'll end up with a flappy cover that stays rolled-up all the time or needs to be thrown away. I had one on a used ridgeline about 5 years ago (granted it was many years old at that point) - it did not hold up well.

On the hard roll-up the velcro is there just to create a light holding flap/seal. There is no real tension on it, you are just pressing it down to hold to prevent water entry. additionally, the fabric is simply tensioned across the hard slats, so there won't be any age related stress on the seams. I expect my hard roll-up will age much better.

Is it possible for you to post pics?
Check my post history! I've posted quite a few pics in a thread that is titled something about hard folding vs hard roll-up...

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like it on the hard roll-up <snip>

Check my post history! I've posted quite a few pics in a thread that is titled something about hard folding vs hard roll-up...
Thanks for the info on the Velcro. Sounds like a good balance.
I did find that other thread and looked it over. Thanks for posting all of those.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

💥