Sponsored

Gator SFX Tonneau Cover installed. Exchanging for TruXedo Pro X15

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
This is the tri fold Gator SFX Tonneau Cover, 219$ on realtruck.com . Looks to be a solid build. Literally took 10 minutes to put on. I like it a lot however I am returning for the TruXedo Pro X15.

The sfx sits on top of the rail and has about an inch of cover that shows, after putting it on I realized I would prefer a low profile design like the TruXedo Pro X15.

Also while driving alot of air seemed to go under the cover and it flapped mildely. I understand this will happen on some covers, the videos iv seen of the TruXedo Pro X15 don't do this.

Lastely I like the matte look better than the shiny sfx cover.
Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tonneau Cover installed. Exchanging for TruXedo Pro X15 20211121_205740
Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I just bought the same cover. Hasnā€™t been shipped yet. It wasnā€™t my first choice, as I really want a topper. For me itā€™s a cheap go between until some other company makes a shell that doesnā€™t cost $3500. For now Iā€™ll use it to just keep things out of sight in the bed. I wonder.. When you remove it, does it fold small enough to fit in the back seat and close the doors?

OP
OP

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
I just bought the same cover. Hasnā€™t been shipped yet. It wasnā€™t my first choice, as I really want a topper. For me itā€™s a cheap go between until some other company makes a shell that doesnā€™t cost $3500. For now Iā€™ll use it to just keep things out of sight in the bed. I wonder.. When you remove it, does it fold small enough to fit in the back seat and close the doors?
Ya thats a good idea,, it will work perfectly for that! Again it's a nice cover, built well and for the price you can't go wrong, did you pay 219$

Yes super easy to install and un install, it will definitely fit in the back or bed of the truck, I think the width should be fine

Bret4

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have the x15 on my Maverick and it looks great!. It is easy to roll up and roll back to closed. The material looks great too.

OP
OP

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
I have the x15 on my Maverick and it looks great!. It is easy to roll up and roll back to closed. The material looks great too.
Awsome, good to hear, should have mine delivered this week ,I'll make a post after

Reactions: wjg

Sponsored

ybnormal07

First Name
Y B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
This is the tri fold Gator SFX Tonneau Cover, 219$ on realtruck.com . Looks to be a solid build. Literally took 10 minutes to put on. I like it a lot however I am returning for the TruXedo Pro X15.

The sfx sits on top of the rail and has about an inch of cover that shows, after putting it on I realized I would prefer a low profile design like the TruXedo Pro X15.

Also while driving alot of air seemed to go under the cover and it flapped mildely. I understand this will happen on some covers, the videos iv seen of the TruXedo Pro X15 don't do this.

Lastely I like the matte look better than the shiny sfx cover.
20211121_205740.jpg
Curious, did the gator cover have the straps that are supposed to slide into the bed track system? Our does, in addition to the standard screw clamps. Try as I might, I could not get the metal clamps at the ends of the straps to work inside the bed track. The clamps seem to hold it down just fine so no clue why they even have these.

OP
OP

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Curious, did the gator cover have the straps that are supposed to slide into the bed track system? Our does, in addition to the standard screw clamps. Try as I might, I could not get the metal clamps at the ends of the straps to work inside the bed track. The clamps seem to hold it down just fine so no clue why they even have these.
You know it did have those but I didn't know that's what they were for šŸ˜… I don't have the bed rails so I can't tell you if they would have worked for me

ybnormal07

First Name
Y B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
You know it did have those but I didn't know that's what they were for šŸ˜… I don't have the bed rails so I can't tell you if they would have worked for me
These are just safety straps in case the clamps give out. Our are just dangling for now but I intend on cutting them off (sewn loops hold them on so it has to be cut to be removed). I get that the safety nazi's are working overtime, but this is serious overkill, plus, it takes up space in the rails that could be used for the sliding tie-off.

OP
OP

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
These are just safety straps in case the clamps give out. Our are just dangling for now but I intend on cutting them off (sewn loops hold them on so it has to be cut to be removed). I get that the safety nazi's are working overtime, but this is serious overkill, plus, it takes up space in the rails that could be used for the sliding tie-off.
Ahh hah well that will work too, I don't have it anymore , I do like the x15 I reviewed better
Sponsored